Killing Loneliness

Chapter 17

I placed the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table as Bam put the movie in the dvd player. He came back quickly and sat next to me. Together, we nibbled on popcorn and watched some random movie that he said he loved. It was a great movie and I was practically in his lap when the movie was over.
The credits started to roll and I turned to him.
“What do we wanna do for dinner tonight? I have no problem making something,” I wrapped my arms around his neck and waited for his answer.
“Well actually, my mom wanted us over for dinner.”
“Wh...what?” I staired wide eyed at Bam.
“Yah, I told my mom about you and she says she'd love to meet you.” He looked at his watch, “Actually we should be heading there soon. Ape doesn't like it when I'm late,” I nodded, trying to snap back to reality. I was going to go meet his parents, that was good right?
“Well i'm going to go try and find something to wear now! Damn!” I jumped up from his lap to scurry upstairs, but he pulled me back down to the couch.
“You'll look beautiful in whatever you wear. But I did get you this,” Bam turned to the side of the couch and reached around for something. I raised my eye brow, wondering what in the world he was doing. He turned back around with a small jewelery box that was black. I looked back and forth between Bam and the box. I lightly took it out of his hands and opened it slowly.
Inside the box was a thin silver bracelt inside of it. It was shiny and had something written on it. I twisted it around admiring it and looking at what it said. Written in a beauitful script, “With the warmth of your arms you saved me, oh i'm killing loneliness with you,” I could feel the tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes.
“Oh my god Bam! I love it!” I flung my arms around his neck and squeezed, it was so beautiful and just perfect. Bam smiled and squeezed me back.
“Well, I love you,” I could hear the smile in his voice as he whispered it into my ear. I froze in the middle of the hug. Hearing those words made my whole body turn into fire. I slowly pulled away from Bam looking into his face. He searched my face, waiting for my answer. There was a little fear in his eyes.
“I love you too,” The words came out so perfectly, as if they were made for just him. I realized that in the few days that I had been with Bam, he had made me happier then I had been most of my life.
A smile as wide as a mile spread across Bam's face and he pressed his lips to mine quickly. I pulled away and held my wrist out to Bam for him to put it around my wrist. He put it around my left wrist, where I still had a scar from Lawrence. I looked down at the bracelet and tried to not let the few tears that were brimming along my eyes escape.
“We should probably go get ready to go to my moms,” Bam reluctently said this as he looked at his watch one last time. I agreed and together we made our way up the stairs to our rooms. During the day I had brought the last few things from the guest room into Bam's room and we both went into his room together to get ready.
We each took turns in the bathroom and suprisingly it didn't take us that long for us to get ready. Once we were both ready, I followed him to the Hummer and we crawled in. The drive from his place to his parents house wasn't as far as I thought it would have been, so we were there rather quickly.
As we walked up to the door I was starting to get nervous, hoping that his parents that I had seen on TV many times. Bam didn't bother with knocking on the door, he just walked straight in.
“Ape! Phil! We're here!” I followed Bam in and walked with him into the kitchen which seemed to habev all the energy in it.
“Hey hunny, glad you guys could make it,” I watched Bam walk farther into the kitchen and give an older woman a hug.
“Yah, me too. Mom this is Ashleigh, babe come here,” I walked over quickly and stood next to Bams side. I smiled and stuck my hand out for her to shake. She took it quickly and then pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back lightly and stepped back next to Bam.
“Hi, it's nice to meet you.”
“It's so nice to meet you to! You're so pretty! Bam where did you find her? I think you should keep her already!” April laughed and walked back over to the stove.
“I met her threw Kat mom,” His mom stopped and looked around at us. She didn't have a very happy look on her face.
“I don't like Kat very much, every time you're with her you end up coming home with new tattoos! Atleast Ashleigh looks sane enough to not be a tattoo artist, and clearly isn't covered in them like you!” April rammbled on as she drained something into the sink.
Bam laughed loudly making April look over at us.
“What's so funny Bam?”
“Ape, Ashleigh's a tattoo artist too!” Aprils eyes grew wide and her eyes ran over my body again.
“Bam don't lie to me,”
“No April , he's right. I'm a tattoo artist. I was Kat's apprentice but I'm past that now. But I still have yet to tattoo your son so don't worry about me yet,” I walked over to the dishes in the sink and turned the tap on and started to wash them out, it was the least that I could do.
“Oh well good! Hopefully we will keep it that way,” April laughed and placed a large plate of pasta on the counter.
“Phil dinners ready!” April called over her shoulder as she took plates out of the cupboard. I took the plates from her hands, as Bam picked up the large dish of pasta and placed it on the table.
“Oh I'll be back, I've got a bottle of wine in the car for you,” Bam jumped up quickly and ran out of the room. As Bam ran out, a large man came into the room.
“Phil, this is Bam's new girlfriend Ashleigh.” April introduced me to her husband and told me how it was Bam's father.
“It's nice to meet you. Bam must be a lucky guy, you seem much nicer then Missy,” Phil sat down at the table and motioned for me to sit down at the table too. I smiled and did so just as Bam walked into the room.
He walked over and picked up a few wine glasses and placed them on the table. He poured the wine into the glasses and then gave us each one. We cheersed and then started to eat. The food was phenominal and I praised April for her cooking. She laughed and thanked me.
“Ash is a really good cook to mom, she's made a couple of meals since she's been here. They were all great,” Bam smiled at me and placed his hand on top of mine. I smiled and squeezed his hand.
“Oh well thats great! You can help when we have big familly meals! Missy – ooh I shouldn't say her name, but anyways SHE wouldn't help me cook and was rather lazy,” April smiled and took a sip oh her wine.
Once we were finished dinner, April brought out some icecream. Bam and his dad each had a bowl while I helped April with the dishes. Her and I talked about different little things as the guys talked between themselves. Bam came and slid his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek from behind.
“Mom, look what I got her,” Bam lifted up my wrist to show April the bracelet that he had given me earlier. She looked at it carefully and smiled.
“Oh Bam, thats so sweet. Aww,” April let go of my wrist and smiled up at the two of us. “You two are so cute together,” Bam laughed and pulled me closer.
“Well we should head home Ape, I think we both wanna have a relaxed night at home.” Bam rubbed my shoulders and picked up my jacket for me. We said good bye to his parents.
The whole way back to Bam's house there was a large smile on his face.
“What are you so happy about?” I leaned over and kissed his cheek while he pulled up to a red stop light. Bam looked over at me, and smiled a little bigger.
“Just stuff,” He played coy and avoided answering my question.
“Bam come ooon,” I gave him the puppy dog eyes and he laughed.
“Fine, I'm just really happy that they liked you. When we were leaving my mom and dad each told me seperately how much they like you,” Bam took the top of my hand and kissed it softly before he put it down in his lap and took hold of the steering wheel again.
“Really?” I felt my face get hot. Did they really like me that much? “Thats so sweet of them. I thought they were great, your mom is so nice,” I smiled to myself thinking of them being there perminintly there. I saw Bam's head turn towards me and I noticed he was smiling to.
“Well that makes me even happier then,”

We finally pulled up to Bam's place, and no one was there still. He mentioned how it was werid that there wasn't atleast one person there, cause there always seemed to be people there. I shrugged, telling him maybe they just wanted to leave us alone for the night. He nodded agreeing that it was a good idea.
Bam figuered since we both werent really tired that we should watch a movie, which was a great idea. This time we agreed that the place to watch it was up in his room, so that we could be cuddled in bed while we watched whatever we wanted. I was the first one to strip down to my underwear, Bam was in the bathroom doing something, but I crawled into his bed and waited for him. There as some movie just on TV that we agreed to watch, so Bam pulled off his own clothes and then crawled in next to me.
My skin was cold but his was so hot that the second he was under the covers I curled up to his side with my head on his chest. I looked up at him before the movie started and fonud him looking down at me.
“I love you,” My voice was just a whisper but I knew he heard it. A smile spread across his lips.
“I love you to baby,” His lips made their way down to mine and brushed mine lightly. There was no way that life could get better then this right here.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys liked it, cause I sure did!