Killing Loneliness

Chapter 21

Bam could only spend the weekend with me, and before I knew it he was gone. A week had passed and I sat causally waiting at the tattoo shop for the guys to pick me up for practice.
“So when are you going to see Bam again?” I watched Kat work on a tattoo delicately as we talked.
“In 2 weeks, Im flying there this time. Just for the weekend though,” I took a sip of water but stopped half way threw when my stomach made flipps which sent me running to the bathroom to throw up my lunch. I returned to the lobby with my face white and my stomach empty.
“Ash are you ok?” Kat was finished and got up to see if I was alive. I groaned and laid across the couches in the waiting area. By the time the guys got there I felt better and was off to practice. Bam was texting me telling me how he couldnt' wait for me to be back in West Chester. I smiled and tossed my phone to the couch in the rehearsl space.
I belted out the songs that we had been working on, and sat talking over a few new songs with the guys.
“Ash are you ok? You look a little pale?” David rubbed my shoulders as he sat down next to me.
“I feel like shit today,” I had my head in my hands, feeling cold sweats break threw out my whole body.
“Come on lets get you home.” David took me home and came inside to hang out with me. We laid down on the couches in the living room together and talked of the new songs. One I had written about Bam. I didn't want to admit it, but I knew David knew who it was about.
“So what'd Bam do to get you to write a song about him?” David placed a glass of gingerale infront of my face reminding me to drink it.
“Nothing. I just wanted to write it,” I tried to stay nonchalont but I wasn't sure if it was working.
“ Really, then where did 'Our bodies pressed, skin on skin. It's like the greatest sin,' come from hmmm?” David nudged me and laughed.
“Well he just made up for not showing up for our frist show,” I sat up, seeing David with a large smile across his face.
“Oooo Ash got laid!” David started to dance in his seat and I threw a pillow at him. We laughed and heard kat walk in. I hushed down, thinking that it was something Kat wasn't wanting to hear about.
“What the hell are you guys laughing about like crazy people?” She had a large smile on her face as she put pizza's down on the counter. David got up quickly and ran over to the food.
“Oh nothing-” I stood up slowly, hopping not to set off my stomach again but David cut me off.
“Ash got laid! When Bam was here, she even wrote a song about it,”
I sat back down and put my head in my hands. My face was burning with embarassment. I cursed under my breath as I heard the two of them start laughing.
“Ash, there's nothing wrong with that!” Kat came up behind me and patted me on the shoulder. “He was good huh?” She wagged her eyebrows and I laughed at her this time.
Soon, the three of us got lost in talking about music as we ate our pizza.

--- A week later----
I laid myself across the bathroom floor. That was the third time I had puked that morning. There was no way I could make it into the shop today.
“Hun, you're staying home. I'm not letting you come to work,” Kat stood in the door frame bringing me a glass of water, pillow and a blanket.
“I know, i jsut feel bad ditching out on my clients,” I groaned as my stomach started to twist again.
“It happens to everyone, now sleep here if you need to . I'm only going to be gone for 2 hours, then I'll cut my day short and come home to take care of you,” Kat rubbed my back as I puked again.
She left me there to lay on the bathroom floor, going in and out of consciousness. In my sleep I had a dream of being with Bam. He made me laugh and smile in the dream. Then out of no where he was cradleing a baby in his arms. The baby had mine and Bam's features mixed together. I realized why I was getting sick. I woke up from my dream quickly and shot up to get my phone on top of the counter.
With shaking hands I dialed Kat's number and lifted it to my ear.
“Hey, do you need me to get you anyth-”
“Kat I think I'm pregnant!” The words came out of my mouth so quickly that I didn't realize that I had said them.
“What?!” Kat yelled from the other end of the phone line.
“Bring home a pregnancy test with you – oh god this cant be happening!” I pressed my cold hand to my burning forehead.
“Ok I'm on my way,” Kat hung up quickly.

15 minutes later, Kat came running up the stairs with a bag from the local pharmacy.
“Here Ash, I got them,” She handed the bag to me and I took out one of the packages. There were 3 boxes in there. I looked up at her with a confused look.
“They always say to double or triple check,” She shrugged her shoulders nervously and closed the bathroom door behind her self to give me some privacy.
I manuvered myself awkwardly and finally peed on the stick. I set it on the bathroom counter and washed my hands. I opened the door and Kat was standing only a few inches way from it.
We stood silently together while I watched the clock in anticipation, waiting to see if it was true. 8 minutes passed and it was finally time to check the test. I walked into the bathroom with Kat on my heels and picked up the white stick.
I looked down and held my breath. I started at my fingers and slowly looked down to the tip that told me the answer.
Positive. I was pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooo i wonder whats gonna happen next!... ok well I know but you all dont, mwahahaha the more you all read/subrscribe and give me feed back the faster the next chapter will be up, and I promise you it's not what you'll be thinking!