Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 17

"Eric! What are you doing here!"I jumped down from the wall and pushed Alcide away from me. He stummbeld back and then looked over at Eric.
"What do you think you are doing with my human, were?" Eric's voice was monotoned, but it was easy to tell that he wasn't pleased.
"That is none of your buisness vampire," Alcide took a step towards Eric and pointed a finger at him. "And she is not your human!" Alcide was far more wasted then I thought or he wasn't scared of Eric as everyone else was.
There was a quiet chuckle from Eric and I felt his eyes on me. I smoothed out my clothes and made sure everything was back in order before I started to walk towards the two of them.
"You don't scare me were, why don't you tuck your tail between your legs and run back to your pack," I couldn't see Erics face in the darkness but I knew there was a sly smirk playing on his lips.
"Yah well you dont scare me vamp, why don't you go back and try and get with Sookie like you always do - and not mess with someone who might actually want to be with you!!" Erics face came into the light a little more as I took another step closer. It was blank now.
"Oh? And who would that be now?" He raised one of his sexy eyebrows and looked down at Alcide.
"Are you serious! CAn you not see what is right infront of you? I thought vamps were suposed to see better then humans and weres!" Alcide shook his head and took a step back. He looked around and noticed that I was next to the both of them. He turned back to Eric and clenched his fists at his side. "Nikki wants to be with you! Can't you tell! My god man!"
My jaw dropped and I looked at Alcide. I wasn't sure if I was more shocked or angery about what he had just said.
"Alcide! You have no place saying that! How dare you!" I yelled at him and placed my hands on my hips. Alcide turned to me with a confused look.
"Oh come on Nikki, just admit it! You're just like Sookie and want to be with a vampire who's going to treat you like shit!" I could feel Eric's eyes were burrowing into me. Part of me wanted to cry, part of me wanted to scream, the ohter part, the other part I listened to. I walked the last few steps over to Alcide and clenched my own fist as I got nearer. He just looked at me and wasn't expecting it when I swung my fist around and punched him in the face. My hand hurt once it connected with his hard jaw. I wanted to cry out in pain but couldn't now that I punched him.
Eric started to laugh loudly as he watched the look on Alcides face change from shoked to confused.
"What the fuck was that for?!" Alcide yelled and took another step closer to me this tiem. Eric stopped laughing and watched him carefully.
"Well you weren't listening were, she didn't like what you were saying so she hit you. Isnt that how your people work?" Eric took a step closer because he must had known that something was wrong.
Alcide turned to Eric and started to tremble.
"Nikki, get back now." Eric's voice was serious and it felt like instinct to listen to him. I stepped back and watched as Alcides body started to tremble more and he turned to look at me. His eyes were red and reminded me of a wolves. I side stepped closer to Eric and he raised his arm out, with his hand reaching for me. I took another step and reached my hand out to Erics. Once his fingers were close enough they wrapped around me tightly. He pulled me to his side, and then slightly tucked me back behind himself. I looked past his shoulder and watched as Alcides body was convulsing now.
I couldn't help but squeeze Eric's hand as I watched Alcides body start to shape into a wolf. The whole process was rather quick and soon there was just a pile of clothes next to a very angery looking wolf.
"Eric whats he doing?" I whispered it into his arm as I peered from behind it.
"He's just changing into his were shape," He tilted his head slightly as he talked to me, yet he still kept his eyes on Alcide.
Alcide, now a wolf infront of us. Was growling and starting to walk closer to us. I started to step back even though Eric was between me and the wolf. Alcide lept forwards to jump at Eric. Eric's instinctively pushed me one way and then went the other way him self. I fell down feet away from where Alcide landed. Once the inital shock was starting to rub off I started to feel a pain in my side. I reached my hand around and felt blood. Below me there was a broken bottle that was now partly in my side. Eric and Alcide both notcied it and I saw the looks on both their faces. Eric's fangs slipped out instantly and Alcide started to grow.
Alcide turned to Eric and started to make his way to him. There was a louder growl this time from Alcide and he leapt at Eric. He missed Eric by a foot and the two of them started to hist and growl.
The pain in my side was starting to get worse and I looked at it again. There was blood all down myside and glass was sticking out. I lifted my shirt up and put the edge of it rolled in my mouth. With one hand I pulled the open wound open as much as I could and then used the other to start pulling glass out. I could feel my knees starting to quiver at the blood. I bit down on the shirt that was tucked in my mouth as I started to pull the shards out.
Each peice of glass shashed new cuts into me as I tried to take them out. I knew that I couldn't do it any more and stopped.
"Eric, I need your help!" I didn't ask very loudly but he was there in a second.
"What is it lover?" For the first time, there was a look of worry in his eyes. I looked up at him and could feel the tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes.
"Help me, I need the glass out," I lifted my shirt up higher so Eric could see. He didn't ask any questions or even think twice about it. He leaned down and pressed his lips to the wound on my side. Very gently he started to suck out the pieces of glass, even the small ones I couldn't see and spat them on to the ground.
Tears were running down my face by the time he was finished. It didn't hurt as much as it did when I was taking the peices out, but it still hurt. Eric took my hand gently and squeezed it. I looked up at him. I reached up to wipe the litle dropplets of blood that were sitting on the coner of his lips, but it never made it to his face. Alcide had taken Eric's moment of weakness and leaped at him.
Eric went flying far from me with the wolf on top. I screamed and tried to get to my feet. It was hard to scramble up with the pain in my side. BUt once I was up the wolf was still on top of Eric. I ran over to Eric to try and help. By the time I got to the two of them I still wasnt sure what I was going to do. i tried to grab at Alcide but he was moving quickly, just like Eric. I finally got a good grip on Alcide and pulled with all my might to get him off.
Alcide growled and turned. He snapped at me a few times, but missed each time. He swung his paw at me and the claws caught me on my cheek.
I felt the pain instantly and curled to my side on the ground. I screamed and my tears stung once they reached the gaps in my cheek that was now bleedly badly. Both vampire and wolf stoped moving. I wasn't sure what they were doing, but I think they were watching me.
"Leave. You've hurt her and now I've got to heal her" Eric's voice rang behind me and everything went silent after it. There was an animalistic grunt and the sound of steps of a dog leaving. Eric was at my side in an instant craddling me in his arm.
"Lover, Nikki, Nikki are you ok?" I pressed the side of my cheek that wasn't cut into Eric. I clutched at his shirt and cried into him.
"Nikki? I'm going to take you to the hospital, you've already had to much of my blood. You need to get looked after now," I wasn't sure, but everything started to get lighter and I think Eric was running. I hadn't ever been with him while he ran before and wished that it would have been a better ocation.
Once we got to the hospital they rushed me in. I lay with doctors and nurses standing above me while Eric stood next to me holding my hand tightly. Each time they poked and pradded into the cuts I would squeeze his hand.
"Sir, you need to leave. It would be best if you could wait in the waiting room, we have to give her blood and stich her up," The doctors voice came from the end of the bed. Even with my eyes closed I knew that Eric was standing at the head of the bed watching over me to make sure no one unless absolutley nessisary got close to me. The nurses must have been enjoying the eye candy of Eric, Viking war god in the ER.
"No, I'll levae if he leaves!" It was the first thing I had said since I got the cuts on my cheek. They had given me freezing in my cheek, but there was still pain.
"Miss, you've lost alot of blood. We need to give you blood and stich you up," I opened my eyes to look over and see the Doctor in her white coat holding on to her clipboard just a foot away. I thought it over in my head quickly and started to sit up. The doctor instantly leaned forward to push me back down but I waved away her hand and felt Erics cool hands hold me up.
"I. Dont. Care." I looked at her straight in the face and watched for her reaction. She paused and I waited for her to say something.
"I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I like the idea of a vampire with you while we deal with blood," This time Eric squeezed my hand. I looked at him and he had a hard look on his face.
"Now you either fix me here where a human should be fixed, with my vampire with me - who might I add is over 1000 years old and very powerful - stay with me, or I'll go get help from the vampires since they seem to treat me better then humans do!" I swung my legs over the side of the bed as if I was getting ready to leave and watched as a smirk grew on Erics face.
The doctor paused for another second and walked away. I looked up at Eric and watched him and he slowly moved infront of me. He still had the smirk on his face.
"My vampire? What was that?" He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head to the side slightly. I tried to smile and felt the pain shoot threw my face. I lightly pressed my hand to it and then looked back up at him.
"Well you are always calling me 'my human' as if you own me so I figured that if I was going to be your human, you should be my vampire," I looked up into his eyes and watched as a look I had never seen start to form in his eyes.
A smile was starting to get larger on Eric's face while he looked down at me, with almost an endearing look. I stared back up at him and then thought about what I must look like. I sat here, with a cut in my side and 3 long cuts across my cheek looking up to this incredibly sexy viking vampire. My eyes started to water again and I could feel insecurity starting to bud. I looked down and fiddled with the ring on my hand. I tried to blink the tears out of my eyes, but before I could get any farther the doctor came in with a bag of blood.
She hung it up next to my IV bag and was switching the tube that was connected to me from the IV bag to the blood one. Eric was still looking down at me with the same look in his eyes when I looked back up to him next.
THe nurse came in and asked me to lie down. She said she was going to start sewing up my cheek. I was starting to feel nervous about the whole idea of what I was going to look like and what it was going to feel like. I laid back and looked up at the ceiling. The light and the horrible ceiling tiles were replaced with Eric's face coming into view of my eyes. He smiled down at me while I squeezed his hands. I could feel them tugging at my cheek but stared up at Eric hoping that looking at him would make me feelbetter.
THey placed two large patches over my cheek to cover up the ow healing stiches. The sky was startin to get lighter and Eric was looking at his watch.
"The suns going to rise in 34 minutes, I need to get back to the hotel is thats ok,"
I nodded and started walking in the direction of the hotel. Eric caught up to my side in a second. He slid his arm around my shoulder and i cuddled to his side instinctively. I wrapped my arm around his waist and we followed in the same pace.
"Once we wake up tonight, we can go home. I promise,"
I smiled up at Eric again and watched the glimmer of something twinkle in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :D i've got a lot of other stories coming up so make sure you keep posted on this one and those!