Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 20

I wasn't paying attention when I heard a little noise in the background as I slept. I wriggled around and tried to get a little more comfortable to get to sleep. I hoped that Eric was still with me when I woke up , as long as it was still dark out. I rolled over and last time I checked I couldn't roll over.
I opened my eyes and looked around me. I was laying in a bed that I didn't know. The room was dark. There was no light in the room but from the light of the moon I thought I could see the colour red on the walls. I pulled the blankets back, and was dressed in a skimpy little teddy. My mind emidiately went to Eric. He must have atleast brought me to where ever this place was. Hung over a chair next to me was a silky looking robe that I slipped on when I stood up.
There was l.ight coming from under the door, and I tiptoed carefuly over to it. If this was a vampire house then they would know that I was awake. I opened the door slightly and saw that there was just an empty hall here. I stepped out into it and started my way to the left, since the other way ended right there. There was the sound of music coming from some room and I followed the noise. The whole house was decorated in dark colours and had a very gothic feel to it. I walked past a room with a coffin and a large closet. The door was wide open and I looked in. The room was a pale pink and there was clothes and shoes everywhere. Pam.
I followed the music more and came to a living room area where Pam was sitting with a lump of yarn next to her. Her hands were moving very quickly and she was knitting whatever she was wanting to.
"Well goodevening Nikki," Pam looked up at me casually and then looked back down at her hands. They were moving so fast that it was all just a blurr. The room was decorated in very lavish looking furniture with excentric looking art on the walls. Across the couch was a large flat screen TV that had the news on mute.
"Hi Pam." I sat down on the couch and looked at the tv wall unit. There was a state of the art sound system that was turned on. "This is beautiful music, who is it by?" Pam raised an eyebrow and looked at me.
"Its one of Eric's CDs. I'm not exactly sure," I took this as my chance to ask where he was.
"Speaking of Eric, where is he?" I paused awkwardly and looked around the room again. "Where am I?" I gave her a sheepish grin and hoped she'd be nice.
"Eric brought you here and changed you," Her eyes lingered over my body while she smirked. After a few seconds here eyes finally came back up to my face. "He had some buisness to take care of with the Queen, and told me to take care of you. This is Eric's house by the way. He put you in his bed, must really be special for him to bring you here , especially there," She looked back down at her knitting and was already almost done a scarf.
"Do youknow when he'll be back?" The house was cold and I wrapped my self up more in the silky robe, even though it barely covered anything.
"Probably tomorrow night. If not he'll be back right before dawn," Pam glanced up at the TV and muted the music, and turned the TV off mute. I directed my attention to the TV just like her and listend to the news reporter.
"Breaking news, vampire hierarchy, Queen Sophie Ann Leclerq, was recently attacked by an anti-vampire group, earlier in the day. The vampire queen is fine now and is in hiding for the moment with some of the sherrifs from her area. Police are on the search for the perpatrators," The news reporter shuffled his papers on his desk and then looked back up to the camera. "In related news, there was an attack on the Shreveport vampire bar called Fangtasia,"
I sat up quickly and looked over at Pam. She was watching the tv intently too but seemed calm about it.
"Everyone got out of the bar unharmed and the police are on the search for the criminalss." The TV went black with the Pam quickly turned it back on to mute.
"Wheres Eric, Pam?" I sat up straight looking at Pam with my brows pushed together. Pam rolled her eyes and looked at me.
"I told you,he's with Sophie Ann. He's dealing with the attack that happened at Fangtasia," Pams voice was monotoned as she watched her fingers move like fire and she finished her second scarf since I had been in the room.
"Is he hurt?" I could feel a little bit of anxiety starting to build in my chest as I waited for Pam to answer me.
"He was hit with a few silver bullets," Pam didn't even look up from whats he was doing. I felt the breath catch in my lungs and I clutched the couch. "He was carrying you out to the car, since you were still asleep, and that was when he got hit. I think he drank a little from you to get back to normal,"
I hadn't noticed it till she mentioned it but on my wrist there were two little holes, that had scabbs over them. I ran my finger over them lightly and started to pick at the scab. I was starting to feel really nbad about what had happened. Eric was trying to make sure I was ok, and he got hit with the bullets. As Pam contiuned to knit, I sat there quietly thinking about what had all happened. This was all so suddenly that I wasn't sure what to understand or think about. There was a noise that came from outside but Pam didnt seem scared of it. I twitched as I looked around waiting to see what or who was there.
Eric came around the corner with a angery look on his face. His hands were balled up into fists next to his sides and there was dropplets of dried blood on his shirt. I leapt up and started to run to him. The look on his face changed when he finally saw me, it softened and when my arms wrapped around his waist he wrapped his around me.
"Eric are you ok? God, I feel so bad. Pam told me that you were taking me out to the car when you got hit with silver bullets!" I ran my eyes all over his face and then the rest of his body. I picked up each hand and examined it to make sure each finger was there. I lifted his shirt to look under itbut stopped me before I could pull it up any higher. He pushed my hands off his shirt, and straightrened it out.
"Yes," then he thought for a second and then growled "Yes." He started to pace back and forth through out the room. Pam put her knitting down and the stood and walked quickly to Erics side.
"How was seeing the queen?" Pams eyebrows were pushed together and she looked worried. Eric looked at each other and for a moment the two of them just stood there locked in each others gazes.
"Horrible. She was even more miserable then before! And she's heard about our new asset at the bar," Eric jut out his jaw towards me. "Her name has been circling threw the different were comunities. They are looking for her," He started to pace again and look around wildly. "They are requesting for her from the queen for you, in return give her a few were guards for her grounds,"
Pam looked at me while she crossed her arms across her chest. The look in her eyes was now causious. She started to step with Eric, Speaking quickly in some old language they both knew. Eric's voice went up and down loudly as he got angery at whatever Pam was saying. She argued back, flailing her arm in my direction. He pushed up his finger in her face and angerly told her something back. He took a step back and turned to start to pacing again. Eric's eyes lifted from the floor to meet mine and he had a sad look on his face.
"Nikki, pack your things. I need to atake you to see the Queen,"
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda left this one off at a cliff hanger here, i've got alot of chapters left of this story, so stay tuned for a while :D