Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 24

Days passed and I still hadn't felt anything from Eric. There were no dreams like he said there would be, yet the attraction I had to him made my mind wander off several times a day. Even when I sat next to the Queen and her other humans my mind was always on Eric.
I was learning how to stay safe in the queens home. Only speak when spoken too, laugh every time the queen makes and joke, and look angery when someone did something wrong. Hadley had told me everything that I needed to know, and I hoped that it would be the right things. I mean she's lived this long here that she must have done something right.
It was a day later when Hadley, my new found friend, came running into my room. I was watching the sun rise and was trying to remember the last time I had actually seen one. My world had been flipped around from day to night and now I lived in the darkness.
"Nikki! This is so exciting!" Hadley slammed the door behind herself and ran and leapt up onto my bed. She had a large smile on her face and seemed ridiculously happy.
"What?"
"Sohpie just told me that theres a ball thing this up coming night. Some thing about royal vampires, and we are invited since we are in the queens party! Oh we get to go find dresses today, she gave me her credit card and the keys to her car!" Hadley rolled around the bed with a large smile on her face as if she was a little girl.
"Really?" I sat up, my first thoughts going straight to Eric and praying that he'd be there. "Well what are we waiting for!" The little girl inside of me couldn't hide the fact that I was excited for the ball to. Growing up I had never done anything like this before, and now living in a huge lavish house with a queen vampire I acutally got the chance to.
I got up out of the bed and started to chance into something to go out in. I was in my pajamas but Hadley was in some sexy langerie since she had just come from Sophie Anns room. I pulled my pants on and and then pulled a t-shirt on. Thoughts ran quickly threw my head of what was going to happen tonight. I had never experienced something like this and the idea was exciting.
By the time I turned around Hadley was already dressed in my clothes. I didn't think twice about this since it was becoming a normal thing for us to be wearing eachothers things. I followed Hadley into her bedroom where she slid on a pair of shoes and started towards her dresser with her car keys on the top. When we made our way to the garadge we slide into one of Sohpie Anns cars.
Outside everything was bright, much brighter then everything that I was used to. Together Hadley and I turned the music loud and sang along to the random songs on the radio. Some we knew and others we just made up our own words. It was good to feel human again, to be out and having fun with another huamn, during the day too. It seemed like a weird thing to me now.
We drove for about an hour before we pulled up infront of a strip mall filled with different clothing stores. They were all ones that were for getting dresses for the kind of ocation that tonight was going to be. The first one, called Ivory, which was some bridal store but carried cocktail dresses to was the cloests to where we parked so we went in there. Hadley wondered off to admire the wedding dresses while I went straight for the black sexy dresses. After she had wondered around the store for 10 minutes and finally found me I told her it was time to go.
"Why?" Her face had this weird confused look on it, or it could have been from the sun that was shining in from outside.
"Because I've already tried on all these dresses and if they didn't look good on me then they wouldn't look good on you!" I linked my arm with her's harmlessly and walked out of the door.
It wasn't until we made our way to the 4th shop that we finally found things that looked good on us. Hadley found a beautiful crimson and white coloured dress. It fit every one of her curves perfectly and showed off just the right about of skin. She stood in the mirror admiring herself and said how Sophie Ann loved these two colours and that she had found a dress where they were together shed have a trouble keeping Sophie Ann approperiate tonight at the ball. I smiled and watched as her eyes twinkled as she thought of the Queen. From inside I could feel a weird aching feeling, a feeling that was pulling me down. Finally it driffted into my head, Eric... My heart started to tug when I thought of him. Since I had been with Sophine Ann I hadn't felt the feelings of Eric like he promised me...I blinked the tears that were forming in the corners of my eyes away and stood up and walked to the counter to pay for Hadleys dress while the lady boxed it up.
Hadley seemed over-joyed that she found the perfect dress and now according to her it was my time. We went threw thre last couple of stores until I found it. It was the most amazing dress I had ever seen. It was all black, made of silk and hugged me in all the right places. I turned around to see the back of the dress sinking low to expose almost all of my back. The dress was only held up by 2 thin straps on my shoulders and dove down deep in the front to give me lots of clevage. I couldn't help but smile at how damn good I looked.
"Oh my god! Nikki! You loook soooo amazing! I hope Eric's there to see you!" Hadley had paid for the dress and was carrying it over to me as I dressed. She noticed the expression on my face change and looked at me for a moment.
"Whats wrong?"
"Eric doesn't....contact me anymore, he's over me now and on to his new fling now," I pulled my purse onto my shoulder and walked out of the store.
The whole ride home was a long and quiet one.