Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 32

It felt like the air was sucked out of my lungs as I staired back at myself. Where my eye teeth were suposed to be, there were fangs that were hanging down. My shacking hand lifted and I saw my fingers come into view and touch them. They were smooth just like my other teeth. I ran my finger along eah tooth and stopped at the point where it pricked my finger quickly without a try. Before the blood was even flowing threw the small pin hole wound it felt like my lungs were on fire. I gasped without knowing what was happening. Everything in my view turned a haze of red and I could feel my body starting to lurch.
I twisted out of Erics way quickly, much faster then I ever have before. I started to sprint. I wasn't sure why I was, but I moved faster then I could imagine. There was a crack of something as I ran past something but I didn't look back. Each step I took wasn't my own and I couldn't help but followe my body as it told me to move. I took a deep breath in of fresh air as I ran and caught the smell of something. I wasn't sure what it was but my body pulled me towards it. In an alley behind a house I stopped and sniffed again. My body darted towards a house and I couldnt resist it.
I broke threw the bak door without making a sound this time. In the back kitchen was a lady cooking quietly. I sniffed and all I could think of was the craving on her blood on my lips. From the door I could hear her heart beating inside my ears, inside my head. I felt my fangs slip out even farther and I took steps closer to her. She didn't hear a sound from me, I moved so fast that she didn't even hear me. I jumped her. I pulled her neck to the right and bit down into her neck. The lady screamed, but it was over quickly. The second the blood touched my tounge my mind went blank and I drank deeply. I could taste er heart beat with each gulp, it was slowly dying away with each sip. I was so entranced in the taste of her blood that I didn't even hear Eric come up from behind me. IT a second he purshed me away and my back was on the wall. I hissed at him, then started to growl as he snapped the neck the the lady that was my first meal.
Eric locked his eyes with me and looked at me.
"What the hell do you think you're doing!" His voice boomed, it sounded much louder then any other time that he had yelled. That was when reality snapped back into mind. My knees started to shake below me and I fell to the ground. GUilt washed over me like a tidle wave. I didn't know what I was going to do. An awkward feeling started to build in my chest and then i felt the tears starting to come down my cheeks. Eric was moving quikly he whole time, and for the first time,when he moved I was able to watch him. With fluid movements he ripped the womans body apart and started to make the whole scene look like an attak - but from a human.
When Eric stopped moving around, he came around and stood in front of me. "Get up," his voice was cold like I had never heard before. It was like ice now. I stood up with the tears still running down my cheeks. With the back of my hand I rubbed them off. I trailed after Eric as he made his way back to his place. He didn't look back at me the whole time. I stayed atleast 20 feet behind him, playing the whole horrible experience over and over again in my head. I shut my mind off to everything else and only focused on my steps forward.
We were finally back at Eric's place , and he still hadn't said anything else to me. I walked into our bedroom and walked staright into the bathroom. I started to peel off the clothes that were covered and soaked with blood. I placed the clothes in the sink and started to run the cold water over them to get the blood out. The water turned bright red and started to get thick.
I rubbed and scratched at my skin, getting the dried blood that was sticking to me off. It felt like no matter how hard I rubed and scratched that it still wouldn't come off. I looked down at my now red skin that seemed stained from the blood. The hot water wasnt working it's magic like it normally would. I turned the taps off once the water started to get cold. There wasnt much of a towel in the bathroom but I picked up at dirty one from the ground. It defeated the purpopse completely, but I wasn't going to jsut walk out there naked.
Before I even left the bathroom, I senced Eric's presnce on the other side of the door. I bit my lip, I didn't know what to say, how to act...nothing. I took a deep breath in, not sure if it was cause I needed it or it was just instinct, and started to turn the knob of the door. On the other side the room was black but even in the darkness I could see Eric sitting on the edge of the bed. The lid from his coffin was still open in the corner. I took each one of my steps slowly, letting the feeling of the carpet on my feet soak threw my body and let me mind feel every piece of the carpet. I sat down lightly on the edge of the bed next to Eric, his body seemed rigid and I could feel the pulses of engery coming off of him. They didn't feel like good engery though.
"Do you have any idea how stupid you were back there?" His voice was colder then before and emotion flooded threw me. Deep inside my heart I felt the guilt for what I had just done, and the fact that I had let down Eric. But deep inside my mind I didn't feel as guilty. It was Eric who created me, and made me like this. Without even telling me.
"Do you have any idea how it felt like to wake up not knowing I was a vampire?" I tried to make my voice just as cold as his. I knew I failed, but I hoped I still got my point across.
"You would have died if I didn't help you! I wasn't going to let that happen! I wasn't planning on making you a vampire - but you were drained dry," He paused and let the anger that was in his voice sink in to me, "You should be greatful that I saved you."
"Greatful?" I almost choked on the word. "Eric, you had no idea if I wanted to live for the rest of eternity like this! I don't want to have to kill people for me to live! What if I wanted to die?" The last part came out without me even realizing it. My mind raced as I tried to think of something to fix that last part.
"You wanted to die?" I felt Erics eyes on me. His voice was different this time. There was sadness in it. I pressed my eyes together now, feeling the rims of them getting wet again.
"I .. I don't know. I didn't want you to die...Eric..." I turned to him, I blinked back my tears but forgot about my own when I saw tears from his eyes running down his cheeks. In my chest, I felt my heart break. The 1000 year old Vampire Viking King, who I loved, sat crying at the thoguht of me wanting to die.
"Why would you want to die, after all I've done for you and for all you've done for me?" His voice wavired.
"Eric, please...It's not that I don't want to be with you or that I don't love you.." I placed my hand on his and tried to hold it. He tugged his hand away and stood up.
"Then what was it? Hmm?" He wasn't sad anymore, he was angery again.
"I don't know, I was sick of the pain and the hurt that I was constantly going threw to be with you. I love you Eric," I stood up to follow him, but before I could do anything he was out of the room in a second. I stummbled after him, then realized that for the first time I could actually chase him. In my towel I ran out of the house, I looked to the left and right to see if there was any sign of him. The only thing I picked up was his smell. I started to run after him. I didn't hear anything that was happening around me other then my running threw the trees and the sound of my feet hitting the ground.
Mid step it felt like I hit a wall. I tried to move in the direction that I was traveling in, but i didnt move. The only thought that was running threw my head was to go back to Eric's and get my stuff. After a while standing there it seemed the best answer and I started to walk back to his house. Thankfully I wasn't to far. I changed quickly into something and then packed a backpack full of clothes.
Once I left Eric's i wasn't sure where I was going to go. I started to walk in any direction that I was able to go, just follwed each foot step - one right after the other. Time seemed to tick by very slowly but i wasn't even sure what time it was. When I finally looked up and realized where I was I smiled. Merlottes.
The parking lot was filled with cars and I could hear lots of noise that was coming from inside. I made my way over to the door and opened it. I stood back behind the second door for a second and watched at the people laughed at smiled at each other. The hostest looked at me weirdly. She put down her menus down and came threw the door to me.
"Nikki! I haven't seen you - oh my god!" She stopped mid sentance when she realized what I was. She looked around quickly and then pulled me by the arm outside. "When the hell did you become a vampire?!" the look of shock was almost funny on her face.
"Well.. I guess last night? I was drained and Eric saved my life - sorta," I smiled and waited for her to shoot more questions at me.
"Seriously! Where's Eric?!" She looked around and pulled me closer to the side of the building so that costumers wouldn't see us talking. I looked down and played with the dirt in the ground.
"I don't know... We got into an arguement and he just left... I told him he should have just left me to die..." I looked up at Jessica and gave her a goofy smile to try and make myself feel better.
"Fuck... Did he tell you to leave?"
"No. I was trying to find him, chasing after him actually. Then I stopped mid step and couldnt go any further. I jsut turned back got all my stuff from his place and then well ended up here,"
"He must have ordered you here then, or to leave - something like that. Oh lord this is a problem! Come on inside, I'll get you a trueblood."
♠ ♠ ♠
love this one lol anyways, please let me know what ya'll think. this story seems very very successful on quizilla