Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 37

Days had passed since Eric had come home. I didn't let it effect my new life though. Right after I woke up I showered and then got ready to make my way to Merlottes. I did this every night, as Eric stayed cooped up in the room we shared. The first night he was back, we had to share a coffin. I accepted it, and rested my head on his chest for the night. As soon as I was awake I told him to order me one for myself. An hour later there was one from Fangtasia delievered.
I stood infront of the mirror applying the last bit of mascara as I always did before work. Now that I was a vampire I didn't have to wear as much makeup as I normally would have, but a little extra would be nice and always helps with the tips. Eric stood there in the door watching me put it on slowly.
"Why must you put that stuff on, you are beauitufl enough without it," He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest.
"Because it will help me get tips," I Looked at Eric and watched him closely for a second.
"But you don't need tips, you don't need to be worknig. You shouldn't be. I am your marker, I will give you the money for whatever you like," He took a step closer to me, trying to allure me closer to him. I had made a promise with myself that I wasn't going to get clsoe to him. He had left me once, and I figured that if he had then he could do it again. I didn't want myself to get attached to him.
"Yes, but I'm not going to be with you forever Eric," I pushed past him and made my way to my bag. There wasn't much need for me to take anything with me., but it made me feel more normal to keep a purse with me.
Eric stayed still in the bathroom door frame. I was about to walk out of the house, when he caught up to me and gripped my hand.
"Nikki," His voice was pleading as he looked down into my eyes. "When is this going to stop, you being so cruel to me like this," Eric took a step clsoer to me and ran the back of his hand down my cheek. Even though I tried to resist, the touch of his skin sent chills threw my body. I wanted to be with him, wanted to lvoe him but I couldn't let myself get hurt again. I was a vampire now, and vampires were selfish and only cared abou themselves.
"I don't know Eric," I looked down and watched as he slid his hand from my wrist and down to my fingers where he laced his with mine. This comforted me, made me feel like I was human again. Eric took another step closer.
"Please, stay with me tonight. Call Sam, tell him you have vampire buisness, let me show you what a vampire can do," Erics body was close to mine,and I could almost see the zaps of electricity that were going back and forth between our bodies. He stepped even closer so that his chest was pressed against mine. I bit my lip, debating what I was going to do. I hadn't acutally had a night off in months, ever since Eric had first left me.
"Fine," I walked over to the phone, not wanting to break the contact with him. I picked up the phone and dialed the number for Merlottes.
"Hey this is Merlottes, this is Tara," A voice on the other side said with a little attitude.
"Her Tara, it's Nikki. Can I talk to Sam please," There was a pause and she mummbled something next to her.
"Yes?" Sam's voice didn't sound pleased, the fact is that he wasn't that pleased since Eric had come back into my life.
"I have some vampire stuff to take care of, I hope it's ok if I dont' come in. I mean, I havent had a night off in months," I waited somewhat nervously for Sam to answer. I was hoping that tghis wasn't going to make him any madder at me.
"Yah sure. You've earned it. I'll see you in a few days, take today and tomorrow off. Have fun," Before I could say anything, Sam hung up and the dial tone was ringing threw my ears.
I put the phone down and looked over at Eric who seemed amused.
"It looks like we've got two days now," A smirk started to spread across his lips, and god was it a sexy smirk. I bit my lip trying to ignore it, but it wasn't wokring to well. Eric saw my moment of weakness and came up to me. He pressed my body against his and then pressed his lips to mine. The kiss was feirce and like nothing I had ever felt before. I wanted more. He pulled away, chuckling softly to himself when he notitced me urging for more.
"You haven't taken a lover since you've been a vampire have you?" His eye brow raised as he asked the question. If there was a possibility of me being able to blush, now would have been the time.
"No," I looked up at him and read his face. " The only time I was close to anyting like that, you came barging into the room telling me that you were back," This time I raised my eye brow in a questioning look as I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck. I was trying to fight him, but with this Nordic god standing infront of me, it was hard to even remember my own name.
Eric smiled and pressed his lips to mine again.
"I'm glad that he didnt touch what was mine," His lips were on mine again pressing me powerfully to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, not wanting him to go anywhere now. We stood there, our lips interlocked with eachother, for however long it was. I was starting not to be able to keep track of time anymore. I pulled away from him finally, and leaned back slightly to look up at him.
"What are you going to show me?" I teased up at him as his eyes looked back down at my own filled with lust.
"Let us go to Fangtasia, for I have buisness there and now that you are a vampire you can join in teasing the humans," Eric smirked and took my hand. He lead me outside and brought me to his chest and flew back into the air.
♠ ♠ ♠
Papa Roach tomorrow night! wee! ok let me know what you all think!