Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 41

I walked up to the front door of Merlottes and looked at Jessica just on the other side of the door. I scurried in quickly, wrapping my arms around her once I was inside. Jessica quickly wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me tightly.
"Where have you been the last two days!" She pulled away and looked around the bar and out the door quickly to make sure that there wasn't anyone one coming.
"Oh Sam gave me a few days off, Eric needed to show me some vamp stuff. I called for just the one night off but he gave me both," I smield widely, happy that I had time off of work, but I was far to eager to get back to work. As much as I loved being with Eric, there was only so much time I could spend at Fangtaisa. I stood with her at the entrance for another minute or so as we quickly talked about the past few days. She told me about the things that had happened at the bar, like a random bar fight the night before.
Still in shock from hearing that, I made my way back into Sam's office to drop off my purse. Once I was inisde there I looked in the little mirror that was on the wall and made sure that my hair and makeup looked perfect. I still hadn't seen Sam when I walked back in and tied my apron around my waist. Tara was behind the bar and I walked over to say hi.
I hadn't really had much time to get to know Tara, she always had her own problems and seemed to keep them toherself. We talked for a minutes, just about the last few days and she told me more details about the random bar fight. She started to laugh when I told her about the story of the guy in Fangtasia. As tables started to come in for dinner I was put to work, serving tables this time since there weren't many of us on tonight.
I greeted everyone like I had watched Sookie do a million times, and took their orders. I scurried around quickly, bringing people their drinks or meals. It was 3 hours into my shift and I still hadn't seen Sam. When I had a moment to stop, I ran to the bar quick and asked Tara.
"Hey Tara, have you seen Sam?" I watched my tables as I waited for her answer.
"Yah, he's takin the day off. Should be in soon though," Tara looked at the clock, and almost as if on time Sam walked in. I smiled at him as I walked towards the tables that were near him. He scowled at me as he pushed past. I looked around at Jessica who was in just as much shock as I was. I waited til the dinner rush was over til I went back into Sam's office to see if he was ok.
I knocked on the door lightly and cracked it open. Sam was sitting inhis desk chair, facing the desk.
"Sam," I paused for a second as I watched his head swivlle around around to look at the door. "Can I come in and talk to you for a second?"
Sam looked me over for a minute before he nodded his head. I came in quick and closed the door behind me.
"Hi Sam, how are you?" I sat down on the other little chair that was in there for when people would go into there and talk to him. Sam's face twisted as he thought of his answer.
"Really freakin great now that Northman's back in town," His words were cold, and I could smell the whisky on his breath. I started to get nervous. I didn't want to get into a fight with my boss, especially when he was wasted.
"That's uh.. good," I looked down at my hands and then back up to him. "I just wanted to thank you for giving me the last 2 days off, even though they seemed to be pretty crazy here," I smiled hoping that my nice words and smile would put him in a little bit of a better mood.
"What the fuck do you think I'm suposed to say, 'No Nikki, you can't go run of with your vampire boyfriend slash maker,' you would have lied to me and told me it was some vampire bullshit anyways so why does it matter?" Sam started to yell a little and I heard Jessica from the other side of the bar make a comment to someone who he was yelling at me.
"Well I would have worked with no problem Sam. If you wanted me here then I would have been here,"
"Ever since Eric came back you don't give a shit about anything you fucking Vampire!" Sam stood and yelled down at me. I could almost taste the whisky on my on tongue now that he was yelling directly into my face.
"Sam, please stop yelling," I tried to stay calm as he stood infront of me with an angery expression on his face.
"No! Why the hell should I! What am I to yuo?Just your boss you can sleep with when you want, and the second your Vamp boyfriend comes into town I get shoved back into the roll as your boss?"
"Sam! That was never the case!" I stood up this time, starting to get upset.
"Yes it was, all you vamps are the same. Only care about yourself," his face was only inches awya from mine and wore an ugly sneer. "Why don't you just go back to Eric and fuck him," Sam's eyes were cold as he staired into mine.
"Fine! Screw this Sam. Don't expect me to ever work for you again, I came in to thank you and you start this!" I whirlled around and grabbed my purse. I didn't give Sam any time to say anything. I used my vampire speed to get out of the bar and started to make my way to Fangtasia where I knew Eric would be waiting for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you enjoy!