Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 43

---6 Months later---

I looked down at the dress that was hugging my body. Eric had picked it out. It was a deep red colour and had no back. I walked threw Fangtasia as I made my way to the floor and over to the thrown that looked over everything. I had agreed to work whatever little jobs I wanted to do at the bar. Tonight, was my night to be the 'vamp on the floor', as the human employee's liked to call it.
As I sat down carefully and picked up the martini glass that was filled with Human blood. All the humans that were on the dance floor and at the scattered tables looked at me with awe as I brought the glass to my lips and drank slowly. A guard stood a few feet away from me, even though now with Eric teaching me how to fight properly, I was confident in my fighting skills.
After many martini's of blood and countless humans walking up to me and talking to me quietly, I saw two large men walk in threw the front doors. They looked slightly familiar, and I told the guard near me to see what they were hear for. They sure didn't look like they were here for fun.
A minute later, my guard came back with both men on his tale.
"Miss Nikki," THe guards face looked worried as he started to speak with me. "These are the guards sent from Queen Sophie Ann, they are requesting your and Mr. Northman's precense,"
I nodded lightly, "Go tell Eric. I'll be there in a minute with these men," I stood up and curtsied for them.
"Good evening guards, what has brought you all the way here?" I took the few steps down from the stage and stood in front of them.
"The Queen sent us to bring you and Nortman back to her, she said a human and a vampire." The guard looked me over, odviously noticing that I wasn't a human.
"Yes, well I'm no human anymore. Thanks to the last time I was at the Queens residence, I became this," I held out my arms in a sweeping motion, and then motioned for them to follow me.
"Please if you would follow me, we will talk to my maker," The crowd around us parted as I made my way threw with the two large guards behind me. I didn't bother knocking on Eric's office door as I came in with them cloes on my tail. I looked at Eric with urgent eyes. He saw my expression and then it hardened when he saw the guards standing behind me.
I walked over to the side of the desk and stood next to Eric while he sat up straight in his chair.
"Good evening guards, how may I help you?" Eric jestured his arm forward. "Please, sit down,"
The guards glanced at eachother before they sat down in front of us. I stood loyally at Eric's side, not faultering from my possition.
"The Queen would like you and your child to come out to see her tonight before the night gets any older,"
Eric looked up at me for just a slight second and then stood.
"Yes, well lets get a move on it then,"I was shocked but kept it on the inside. I was sure Eric was going to say something to talk them out of it, but we were really going there.
Anxiety started to build in my chest. I didn't want to go there. I didn't want to see her. The last time I had, she tried to kill me. I looked over at Eric anxiously. I could barely read his face. He took my hand in his as we walked out behind the guards. Once we were outside there was a large limo waiting for us. We got into the back seat and started to pull away from Fangtasia.
"Don't worry my love, everything will be alright. I'm not going to let anything happen to you this time and this time you aren't as fragile," Eric had a tight grip of my hand as I staired up into his eyes with fear.
"she tried to kill me Eric, what if she's finishing it off this time!"
He wrapped his arm around me and pulled my into his lap. We stayed like that for a while before he finally moved, telling me that we were close. I looked up into his face, as if it was going to be the last time I was actually going to be seeing him.
"Atleast you look beautiful tonight my love," Eric smirked as the car came to a stop. I looked outside the window and noticed the building that I had been trapped in for so long. Eric was the first one to get out of the car. Once I was out he took hold of my hand. I squeezed it tightly as we were lead up to the front doors. I prayed silently in my head that this wasn't going to be the last time I see the night sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you enjoy this one!