Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 48

Erics POV
Pam appeared in the door and moved quickly once she saw what had happened. She threw a bag of blood as me and I ripped the corner of it off with my teeth. I pressed the cut edge along Nikki's lips hoping that she would take the blood. I started to slowly pour the blood down into her mouth and down her throat. Her body moved slighlty, yet I knew she wasn't awake. As she drank the human blood I held her arm to where it had been torn off. I watched closely as it started to reattach.
I looked up from Nikki to see that Pam gave blood to Bill and a package to Jessica. I smiled lighlty, knowing that Pam wasn't a giving person, least of all a person.
I looked down at Nikki who was still unconcious. The package of blood was finished and her arm was almost completely re-attached. Pam handed me another one that I started to give Nikki while she whipped the blood off of my face.
After 10 minutes, everyone seemed ok except Nikki. I never was worried, but I could feel the anxiety building in my chest from her not responding. Everyone gave somber looks when I picked up Nikki and started to carry her out of the house.
"Eric where are you going? The sun is going to rise any minute!" Pam grabbed my arm as she called after me. I didn't care if I burned to a crisp, then maybe I would be with her then.
"I don't care," My words were blunt and I didn't look at Pam.
"Eric wait!" This time Bill's voice was the one who called out to me. I turned wanting to know what he had to say.
"Eric. You, Pam and Nikki stay in my ground, and I will go stay with Sookie, so will Jessica. You do not have time to get to Fangtasia or to your place. This is the least I can do. You saved my life, and she saved Sookies and Jessica's,"
I paused, letting Bill's words permiate threw out my mind. I didn't want to stay here but the sky was so bright now I felt my skin starting to sizzle. I nodded quickly and headed into Bills house. BIll closed the door behind him as he ran to Sookies, with her in his arm and Jessica on his tale. I pushed the wall open where the hole into the ground that Bill slept in. I hated sleeping in the ground. I laid Nikki down first, delicately. I nodded for Pam to get in on one side of her. Once she was in I got manuvered my way in on the other side of Nikki.
I closed my eyes. Every part of my body hurt. I wasn't sure if it was cause of Nikki's body being in pain, or if it was my own guilt. I should have been down there with her when she was attacked. Again I failed as her maker. I cursed myself in every language that I could. How could I have done this to her for a second time? She is just a child of the night, young and barely understanding what she needed to do.
From inside the ground, I could feel the sun and it's heat on the earth. I faught myself from getting up and out of here and walkig out into the sun. Maybe thats what I should do? I have been a failure to both my children in the recent months. I felt the stinging of the tears at the corner of my eyes. Sophie Ann nearly killed her yesterday, and now that we are away from the queen, a mutt nearly kills her.
I wasn't sure how long I had been laying there and cursing till I finally fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only 2 more left, and then thje sequel, I hope you all enjoy it <3