Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 5

Still in the next day my head was still in a swirl about what had happened last night at the bar and with Eric. Even if I go my mind off of him for a second, once I was thinking of something productive, the idea of Eric would smash into it. It was only the afternoon, so Merlottes wasn't as busy as they were telling me it could get.
The red head Arlene was telling me about the different people who I'd be meeting while working here. There was a girl named Sookie who was suposably a little crazy, but a really sweet girl. I could tell Arlene liked to gossip when she started to tell me that Sookie was dating a Vampire named Bill, who had gone missing. I shook my head in disbelief for it truely was a shame, but vampires were suposed to take care of themseleves right? In the kitchen worked Arlenes boyfriend Terry, and the very gay Layfette. As she explained them they both seemed really nice. Other then me there was suposably 2 new additions to the Merlotte team. There was Tommy, Sam's little brother. She mentioned how he was young and was covered in scars. The last one was named Jessica, she was a vampire and had red hair just like Arlene. She made it very clear that she didn't like her just cause of that.
As Arlene told me about the different people that came into the bar who were regulars and what they always liked I filled the bar orders quickly. She seemed suprised at how fast I was working. I had just placed a beer up on the bar for some young man who was sitting at the bar looking me up and down when Sam walked over.
"So how are you enjoying workin here so far?" His voice was soft and nice. Today he had a pair of darker jeans on with a different coloured flannal shirt. He tossled his crown of red hair with his hand while he waited for my answer.
"It's Great!" Truely it was, and I could tell that I was going to enjoy working here.
"So what's the other bar that you work at?" The question caught me off gaurd and I had forgotten that I told Sam I was working at some other bar - which I didn't know the name of. I figured there wasn't a point in lying to him anymore.
"Well," I paused and bit my lip lightly. "If you don't mind not tellin anyone else," I paused again waiting for Sam to nod in silent agreement not to tell any of the other employees. "I'm working at a bar called Fangtasia. Have you heard of it?" From the look on Sams face I could tell that he deffiently had heard of it before and didn't look to happy that I was working there.
"So you're working for Eric?" This suprised me too, I wasn't expecting Sam to know the owner of Fangtasia.
I nodded my head and filled a pint of beer while he smiled politly at Arlene til she took it away. He watched as she walked to the table and made sure she was talking to a guest before saying anything.
"I didn't know they were hiring...Well I've had to deal with Eric a few times. He's the sherrif in this area," Sam said this casually as if I knew what he meant. He read the look on my face and smirked a sexy little smirk.
"The vampires have had the state divided into different areas so that they can watch over other vamps better. Each state is like that,"
"So I guess Eric is really important then?" My question was honest, but Sam laughed at it. I smiled at him acting stupid and filled some more beers.
Sam and I chatted again for hours as I filled drinks and he watched over everything. There were a few young kids wanting to get in a fight about the game of pool that they had just played but Sam walked over to thme and told them to get out. Every female eyes in the house was on him, and damn did he sure know how to wear a pair of jeans. When he turned back towards me I smiled quickly, not knowing what else to do and whiped the counter down.
Time had passed by quickly now that it was dinner time and people were coming in from all over Bon Temps and other local perishes. I hadn't even noticed it was dark until I watched a pretty red headed girl walk in to the bar wearing a Merlottes uniform. She walked up to the bar and greeted Sam nicely. She was so young, she must have only been changed when she was 16 or 17.
"Hi, I'm Jessica! You must be the new bartender?" she smiled nicely at me and stuck out her hand. I shook it while smiling back.
"Yah, I'm Nikki. Glad to meet you," I went back to tending the bar, since there was a constant flow of drinks wanted from the people enjoying dinner. Jessica went and put her bag in the back with the rest of everyones and came back up front to start her shift. I watched her greet people kindly and show them to their tables. Sam came up behind me and whispered in my ear that she was made by the missing Bill. I couldn't help myself but frown. To think of someone who's suposed to be helping is gone.
I turned to look at Sam, to continue talking to him when I heard the door open. I didn't think much of it since it seemed like a busy night, but when some of the patrons grew silent I looked over my shoulder. There stood in all his glory, Eric. He had a tight black sweater that showed every muscle in his chest and a black leather jacket on top of that. I heard Sam sigh from behind me.
Eric's eyes didn't need to scan the room for him to find me. With one look his eyes found mine andi couldn't help but smirk. He was so incredibly good lookingthat you had to appreciate his looks. This time everyones eyes were on Eric as he walked up slowly to the bar.
"Good evening Nikki," His eyes were still locked with mine but he looked at Sam. "Good evening Sam," Eric smirked and I could feel the tension between Sam and Eric.
"What are you doing here Eric?" Sams words seemed a bit harsh, but it was his bar and I wasn't going to tell him how to run it. Eric's smile grew larger when he saw the displeasure in Sams face.
"Well I've come to get my employee. I need her to come with me. We've got some erands," His eyes were back on me, and I felt my cheeks burn red. I was looking down at the counter, scrubbing at nothing yet I could still feel his eyes running their way over my body.
"Well she's suposed to be working right now, so you'll have to wait." Sam sounded protective, but I still glanced up at the clock. I had worked an hour and a half more then I was suposed too.
"Actually Sam, I was suposed to be off an hour and a half ago. Sorry," I folded the cloth in my hand and placed it below the counter. He looked at me with searching eyes and nodded.
"I wont need you tomorrow, but the day after that I will."
I walked back to the lockers and grabbed my stuff. I smiled in and waved at the people in the kitchen and said goodbye to Arlene. She looked terrified when she saw Eric standing there waiting for me. I guess there was no real point in trying to keep it a secret. I was about to tell Sam that I was going to see him the day after next when Eric cut in.
"Actually, I'll need Nikki for a few days," Eric sounded cool and confident as if he had asked ( well more so told) this before. I looked up at Eric not sure what to say when Sam cut me off this time.
"Why?" He didn't sound happy about that, but the smile on Eric's face just got bigger.
"I've got buisness out of town and I need Nikki to come with me," Eric looked down at me and then to the clock above the bar. "We must be going now. Sam I will call you to let you know when she will be back for you," Eric started out of the bar before I could say a single thing. I shot Sam an appoligetic look and quickly said goodbye to Jessica at the door.
I watched as Eric was walking towards the parking lot. He was made his way to a black sports car. It looked like a corvette and opened the passanger side door. I had to run to catch up to him since he was at the car by the time I walked out of the door. I crawled into the car and the door slammed behind me. Eric was in the driver seat just a second later, revving the car to life.
"So where are we going?" My question seemed innocent to me, but Eric smirked again.
"We're going to Jackson,"
♠ ♠ ♠
please tell me what you guys think!