Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 50

I kept my eyes outside the window as Eric drove quickly threw the streets. He hadnt said a word to me yet as we zoomed threw the darkness. Eric's slid hishand over from the steering wheel so that it was sitting on my thigh.
"Excited my love?"
My eyes peeled away from the outside and turned to him. I smiled and nodded lightly.
"As much as I could be for not knowing where we are going," I smirked and brought my eyes back to the outside. We were on the highway, heading south, which was odd for Eric to take me. The ride was silent for a while. I glanced at the clock. An hour had passed. Eric's hand snaked away from the steering wheel as we came to a street that had lights on it. He made his way onto the highway and I statred to see different signs along the road of New Orleans.
I curled my hand in his and smoothed the dress out over my lap.
"I love this dess Eric, thank you," I stared down at the silky fabric aross my lap. It was really a beautiful dress. Eric's eyes wondered away from the road and over to me.
"I'm glad you like it my love. You look absolutely delicious," He smirked on a smirk Eric could do, and then turned back towards the road. I couldn't help but giggle to myself. There were buildings starting to form around the highway. Lights , cars and people were everywhere. I had never been to New Orleans and the world looked so beauitful.
Eric took the turn off and started to drive farther into the beauitful historical city. I let go of Eric's hand and eagerly looked out the window, staring at the world around me. The city smelt of the ocean, with a mix of food and flavour. We finally stopped on the edge of a side walk. I went to open my door but Eric had shot around the car and was there to open the door.
I stepped out carefully and looked around the streets. Poeple walked past us and started at the two ofus together. I wasnt sure if it was cause of what we were wearing or if they knew I was a vampire. Eric passed his keys to a man who was standign there eagerly, I think he was the valet. He took the car and drove away quickly. We stood in the door way of a large, french looking building.
"Where are we going to first?" I looped my arm threw Eric's and pressed my side against his.
"We are going in here," He nodded ahead to the door. THe door man looked at Eric and nodded quickly. He opened up the door and held it open for Eric and I to walk threw. I smiled as we walked threw the doors. I looked around. The resturant intside was georgous. Silk table clothes, fine clothes and a rich taste in the air.
"Eric, why are we here. We cant eat," I looked up at him with a confused look on his as we waited for the waiter. A minute later he motioned for us to follow him and then were lead threw the resturant.
We walked past tables filled with finely dressed people, sitting at table that were filled with finely plated food infront of them. The room smelt delicious and the hint of blood filled the room. I looked up at Eric with a confused look but he didnt look down at me. I kept on walking and next to him until we were lead to the back. I looked around suspiciously and walked threw the door with Eric close on my tail. I felt anxious as we were lead down another hall way, stopping at a door that was opened up quickly for us.
Inside the little room, there was a table that had roses on it. The room was filled with hundreds of roses and candles. I looked up at Eric, my jaw had dropped slightly. He smirked and pulled me into the room. The door was shut behind us as Eric lead me to one of the chairs and sat me down in it. A second later he was sitting across from me at the table. He had a smile on his face.
A minute later two tall waiters came in the room with drinks on one tray and the other with plates. The drinks were placed down in front of us first. The martini glasses were filled with thick red liquid. The smell of blood filled my nose quickly i breathed it in. The waiter stood next to the table for a minute and looked at the glasses.
"The martini is a O negative with a single shot of grey goose in it,"
Eric and I each picked our glasses up slowly. He lifted his to the middle of the table and waited for me to rise mine to meet his. When our glasses clincked together we each brought the glasses to our lips. I took a small sip first. THe mix of the alcohol and blood danced across my pallet perfectly. I smiled at how good it was to taste booze again. I took a larger sip again before putting it back down. Eric smiled when he noticed how I enjoyed the drink. It was perfect.
Next, the waiter placed a plate of red coloured food infront of me. I pushed my eye brows to gether and looked up at Eric and then to the waiter.
"This is the star of the menu. It is a fetticuni with a roasted herb blood sauce."
My eyes widned when I heard that. It sounded and smelt so good. I picked up my fork before he was finished talking baout it and twirled it threw the food. I couldn't hide the smile as I brought the noodles to my lips. Eric's eyes were on me intently, watching my every move. I chewed slowly on the noodles to enjoy the taste. My eyes were pressed together.
"Is it good my love?" Eric's voice nbrought me back to reality. I opened my eyes and nodded.
"It's amazing, thank you," I smiled up at the waiter and Eric. Once the door was closed nad it was just Eric and I in the room we started to eat together.
He oohed and awed at the food just like me. Far to quickly, the plates in front of us were empty. I stopped and looked in front of me. Eric was watching me intently, with a smile on his face.
"Why are you doing all of this Eric?" The question had been burning at the back of my mind for a while, but was distracted with the food. His eyes went from me down to the table and around the room.
"I wanted to do something special for you my love," Only a small smile played on his lips this time and I knew that it wasn't true.
"Eric, don't lie. I can see threw it now. What is this all for?" I raised my arms and fanned them around the room. He didn't need to do all of this for a night out. I watched as he pressed his eyes together and then stood up. "Where are you going Eric?"
Eric paced in one spot of a few minutes before he stopped in front of me. His eyes locked with mine and I follwed them as he became eye level with me. His face was a foot away from mine. I blinked casualy and looked at the rest of him. His one knee was up while his other was pressed into the ground.
Anxiety built up quickly. Before I could even really think.
"Nikole, my love, I've been threw many things with you over the last year and a bit. I don't know what I would do without you. You bring humanity back to me. Before you I was a souless creature of the night, one who killed for pleasure and tortured others for fun. Now that I am with you, I feel almost human again. Every nerve in my body is alive and warm. I don't want to risk loosing you ever again,"
Eric paused watching the expression on my face slowly. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. I gasped quietly, was this really happening?
"Nikole, would you please do me the honor of becoming my wife for eternity?"
The box snapped open, a beauitful diamond ring sat inside of it, pressed between two curves of velvet. His hands shook as I looked back and forth between him and the ring.
"Eric," My mouth could barely move, my whole body frozen. His eyes were gleaming up at me, nervously shaking. I had never seen Eric like this.
"Eric I- I" I swollowed hard, trying to grasp what was infront of me. I shook my head from side to side.
"I don't think that I can,"
♠ ♠ ♠
The sequel is called Love Bites 2.0 - I know not very originally but it worked on quizilla and I wanna keep it the same so yah! the more comments I get the faster I'll start putting the sequel up then. Thank you all soo much