Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 6

"Jackson? Why are we going to Jackson?!" Panic rose in my, the last thing I wanted to do was to go to Jackson.
Eric had the peddle all the way down on the floor and we were going very fast, he took his eyes off the road and I couldnt help but flinch. I didn't want to die.
"What makes you ask? You are just my human," Erics voice was cool and his eyes were back on the road.
"Well I mean I just got here, and I work at Merlottes to...wait, did you just call me your human?" I wasn't to sure how to react. If it was a good thing or if it was bad. I sat looking down at my hands, fiddling with the rings that were on each one of my fingers. Eric reached over and placed his hand on mine. I thought at first that he might be wanting to hold my hand, but when he pulled it away a second later after I had stopped fiddling I knew he didn't want to.
"Well, you work for me don't you?" He sounded cold and rash this time.
"Yes," I sounded like a mouse next to him.
"Then you are my human to do as I please with. I would have brought Yvette but she was... occupied," He sounded displeased and he gripped the steering wheel a little harder. I didn't ask questions anymore.
I sat there quietly thinking about everything that was just said. It hurt to think that Eric didn't want me to come first after last night, but we were living in reality and people- especially vamps don't want to waste their time with unamusing humans. I thought over the ide of me behind his 'human', and i couldn't say I was enjoying the thought. It sounded demeaning. But if you thought about it logically he was true, I was his human. I felt a sigh building in my chest and tried to muffle it when it came out. Eric looked over from the road and stared at me for a second.
"What are you thinking of?" His words weren't as harsh this time, but there was still a cold side to them.
"Just stuff," I had to hope that he couldn't read threw my lie. I didn't really want to tell him that I thought it was upsetting that he didn't want me to go with him right away at the beginning and that the idea of being his 'human' wasn't pleasent.
Eric raised an eyebrow and looked at me.
"I am over 1000 years old, don't lie to me. I can tell. And i've also had your blood," Eric sounded very matter-of-factly and then continued, "I'll be able to tell what you are feeling and where you are the more I have your blood,"
I nodded weakly, I didn't want him to have more of my blood. I had heard that there was this thing called a blood bond that came when a vampire had too much of your blood and you've had too much of theirs. Eric's blood tasted amazing, and I would want more in a second but the idea wasnt as appealing anymore.
My enitial panic started up in me again as we crossed the boarder into Mississippi. I tried to control my breathing but it wasn't working. I could feel the panic attack coming. My chest was starting to feel tight, like I couldn't breath. I balled my fists up and closed my eyes. No matter how deep my breaths were it seemed like I wasn't getting enough oxygen in. In the back of my head I heard Eric say something to me, but I didn't hear what it exactly was.
The world around me was spinning when I opened my eyes and my ears ringing. I reached out for the side of the door and clutched to that. I didn't want to pass out, no! Deffiently not here, not now, not ever! Eric probably already thought of me as a pathetic little human, and if I passed out I'm sure he wouldn't think any better og mr.
I tried to focus on what was infront of me but it wasnt working. Everything was spinning and moving and there were dark tunnels starting to form in my vision. Shit. This really was happening. My breathing was starting to become more laboured as I tried to breath threw my panic attack. I could feel cold hands onme, shaking me slightly trying to get me out of my trance. Through the tunnel of light in my vision I caught a glimpse of blonde hair before everything went black.
"Nikki, Nikki wake up," My body ached and my eyes fluttered. There was a bright light that was shinning down onto them as I tried to opoen them. There was a small flashlight behind flashed into my face when I looked up to see who it was.
"Turn that off!" I complained and closed my eyes again until the light was gone. From the inside of my lids there was only darkness and it was soothing. I opened my eyes to see the pale reflection of Eric above me. His brows were pushed together and he was looking down at me wondering what was wrong.
"How long was I out for?" I ran my hand over my head and whipped off the cold sweat that was sitting there. I tried to sit up but i almost fell backwards. Eric caught me and wrapped his arm around me.
"20 minutes," I nodded, that was a long time for me , but hardly for a vampire. Eric helped me stand up and I noticed that he had pulled over to the side of the road and I was sitting on the ground. He eased me into the car and slammed the door shut behind me.
"What was that about?" He looked at me with still an odd look of worry in his eyes.
"That was a panic attack, I used to live here in Jackson..." I stared out the window hoping that we wouldn't come across anything that held any memory for me. I looked at Eric and his eyes were on me. He was waiting for me to tell him more.
"I lived here for a year or so. I was really happy here. Had friends, a life, a boyfriend even. But he didn't like me as much as he seemed. " I felt my eyes burn. I blinked the first few tears out of my eyes and continued with my story. "He was great at first. But then when we would get into fights he would hit me, and it started to get so bad that I'd end up in the hospital everytime. There are scares all over my body from him. I left Jackson one day while he was at work and never came back. If he ever saw me again he'd kill me,"
By the time I finished my story there were full tears running down my face. I tried to blink them away but more just kept taking thier places. We were stopped at a red light now , on the outskirts of Jackson. Eric's cool hand reached out and gripped my chin lightly. He twisted my head around so that I was looking at him. I blinked out a few more tears while looking into his eyes. His eyes were searching me silently. His thumb rubbed circles in my wet cheek. With his thunm he whipped the tears from my cheek and pressed his palm to my face.
"I won't let anyone touch you,"
♠ ♠ ♠
please let me know what you think, thanks :P