Sugar and Spice are Not Always Nice.

The Big Surprise

I hopped off the bus and scurried into the house, landing on the couch next to Laddie, our dog. "Hi Kaylee, how was school?" my mom asked. I groaned, and mom's smile vanished. "No, no, mom, school was great. I actually had fun for once. It was the ride home on the bus. That stupid Maddie, Ugh!!" Mom brought me my cookies and milk, then sat down next to me. I dipped an Oreo into the milk. Crunch. "She ish sho annoying, mom! She ish alwaysh-*swallow*- looking for a way to make me mad. And she does it just to be mean!" Mom rubbed her forehead. "I have a head ache, honey. I'm sorry about the situation, but I'd really rather take a nap. Why don't you e-mail Lyn?" That was a good idea. Mom shuffled into her bedroom. Lyn was my very best friend in the whole wide world. Hands down. We always either called or e-mailed each other after school. It was too bad though, that she lived so far from me. She lived two states away. Anyway, I nodded and slumped into the computer chair. After I had signed in, I saw two new e-mails, one was spam, and the other was from Lyn. I clicked on it and read it. "Dear Kaylee, I have the best news ever. You'll never guess. I'm coming to visit!" I nearly fell off my chair. Oh goodness, Lyn was coming to visit!!! I was overjoyed. I kept reading. "In exactly three weeks, we'll be heading your way! Your mom already knows, but she promised to keep it a secret. But I couldn't! I just HAD to tell you! We will be staying in your dad's motel for SIX WHOLE WEEKS! I'm so excited! I hope you are too! Love, Lynette." I whooped and hollered, and remembered mom, too. I clamped my mouth shut, then went outside. In my backyard, there was a big gate leading to my second best friend's backyard, Chantel. (Pronounced, Shawn-tell.) We both kept a box on our porches with pencils, stickers, paper and tape, so we could post notes on each others fence. I hastily wrote, "Lyn's coming to visit!" I had told Chantel many times about Lyn and her stories. Lyn loved making up stories. I taped to her side of the fence. I galloped into the house and flopped into my bed. Ahhh, Lyn was coming!
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, I don't know. I just needed to write about something other than Cherice.