Contagious

Contagious

He didn’t know where he was going. Not at all.
He also probably shouldn’t be speeding either. At this point, he really couldn’t care less. The steady flow of wind through his hair, from the windows that have been rolled down completely, was calming. As calming as something could be when there are thousands of things running through your head at once.
He might not know exactly where he was heading, but all he knows, he going after him.
Yeah, him. Jack.
His boyfriend.
His true love.
His world.
Every cliché way to explain the one you love most.
It was a stupid fight honestly, and he wasn’t sure who started it. Something about cheating.
Alex was just coming home from work at the local music store, exhausted, and ready to cuddle with his boyfriend on the couch. But apparently that wasn’t the case considering said boyfriend was nowhere to be found. He searched the entire ground level of their house, before deciding to check upstairs.
He reached their bedroom, to find Jack sitting cross legged on the bed with a frown on his face.
“Babe, what’s wrong? Alex asked, taking a tentative and concerned step forward.
The frowning boy looked up at the voice, seeing his love. His love that he also needed to talk to. “Who’s Melissa?” His voice came softly, yet hurt as well.
Alex looked to Jack’s hands, to find his missing iPhone, and his text messages open. Well, at least Jack found his iPhone for him.
“Melissa?”
Alex saw the quick flash of anger spread through Jack’s eyes. Melissa…who? Oh! His new coworker. She was very friendly, and maybe a little too friendly. It didn’t really bother Alex though, and when she had asked him for his number, he thought it was just being friendly. He’d given it to her without thinking, and so when she texted him this afternoon before work, asking him if he wanted to go out sometime, he really didn’t know how to reply. He simply ignored it, opting to talk to her in person later on, and hopefully tell her that he was, in fact, gay and taken. Once he’d told her, it was nothing shy of awkward, and embarrassing on her part. Alex gave her his charm though, saying there would be no harm in being friends.
But by the looks of it, it seems that Jack had found his earlier misplaced phone, and took the text message as Alex ‘cheating’ on him. After Alex repeatedly told him he wasn’t cheating, and several tries to kiss or hug the younger man, Jack wouldn’t budge. He stormed off crying, grabbing his keys, and left the house. He jumped into his car, started the engine and drove off. Alex watched the scene from the window, not knowing what to do at this point.
Thing is, Jack has always been insecure when it came to Alex with other people. Especially girls, for reasons he does not like to talk about. Back in high school, before they discovered new feelings for each other, Alex had always been, for lack of a better word, a man whore. He slept with someone new every week, shamelessly. When Jack and Alex had gotten together though, Alex promised to change and stay committed. Although Alex kept his word and was always faithful, Jack constantly had that nagging fear that one day, Alex was going to leave him and return to his previous lifestyle. The older man would never dream of leaving Jack, and no matter how many times he assured his love, the fear was always there. Whether it was stored away in the back of his mind, or completely present when going through Alex’s phone, it was just there.
So that’s what brings Alex here, driving down the highway, not really knowing where he was heading. He was quite worried, because well Jack has stormed off before, but was always back within an hour. So after the first hour of waiting around, Alex’s mind was going crazy, and he took off. He wasn’t sure why Jack had over-reacted so much, but no matter what, he just wanted his love back.
There was only one logical place his boyfriend could be. The hill. It was sort of a haven for them, where they would escape together when they needed a getaway.
Alex was subconsciously driving there. It was only a 20 minute drive. With the windows down, the music turned up, he appeared at the familiar area not after long. Of course what he saw was Jack’s car. He let out a sigh of relief and started to climb the top of the hill.
What he saw though, broke his heart. Jack was slumped over, lying cross legged on the grass, with his face in his hands and sobs racking through his whole body. Alex was quick to run over and take hold of him. Jack only slightly jumped as long arms wrapped around his torso, and instead of putting up a fight like he wanted to, he slumped against the embrace. He didn’t feel like fighting, he just wanted to be in comforting arms once again.
After a few minutes of Jack crying against Alex, the younger boy began to calm down. Alex chose to speak up now, they obviously needed to talk this out.
“Jack, honey, please before you storm off, let me tell you the whole story? I am not cheating on you, and would never go out on a date with Melissa”
Jack simply sniffled in response, and nodded his head to show he was listening.
“Well you see, Melissa is my new coworker, she just started working with me a few days ago. She seemed friendly and when she asked for my number, I thought nothing of it. I just thought she was being friendly. When she had texted me that earlier, I didn’t reply, knowing she was totally out of line. I spoke to her earlier today, and she was fine with it, mostly embarrassed. There’s nothing you need to worry about, babe, I would never go behind your back.”
Jack looked up with large brown eyes, silently wanting reassurance that Alex wasn’t lying. Once he found no ounce of lying in his eyes, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against his lovers. It was a simple kiss, and Jack poured his ‘sorry’ into it. “I’m sorry Alex for over- reacting. I shouldn’t have stormed off” Jack whispered softly after he pulled away.
“Hey, hey, it’s okay, baby. I should’ve told you earlier,” the older boy replied smiling gently, “can I ask you something though?”
“Mhm” he replied, wrapping his arms around Alex’s neck, while the shorter boys rested around his waist.
“Why did you over react the way you did? I know about the fear, but...what happened?”
Jack took a deep breath and settled comfortably beside Alex, tucked under his arm. He cast his eyes over the beautiful city, the bright lights beautifully glowing. He didn’t really want to tell Alex why he over reacted, but he deserved an explanation.
“Well, you see. Think back to Junior year. Melissa Hawkins…” Jack finally admitted, trailing of slightly.
At last, a light bulb flicked on in Alex’s head, a metaphorical hand slapped him into reality. Of course Jack would be insecure about this particular situation. Melissa Hawkins was Alex’s girlfriend at the time their feelings were discovered. She didn’t take it too well, and decided to make life a living hell for the two boys. That’s exactly why Jack was so worried about this Melissa.
“Oh baby, if you would’ve said that earlier, I totally would’ve understood better. Don’t worry hun, it’s a totally different Melissa, not that whore.” He sat up slightly, brining Jack onto his lap, and turning him until he was facing him. He hugged him as close as possible, letting not even air to be able to slip between them. “I’m sorry”
Jack pulled back and pressed his lips to Alex’s once again. With a soft smile, he pulled away. “Don’t be, it’s fine. I’m just glad you came and found me, I was minutes away from having a panic attack.”
He leaned forward and pressed his lips once again to his lover’s.
“Of course I’ll come for you, baby,” Alex replied, “You should know that by now. You’re contagious, and I can’t get enough of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
First ever, tell me how it is?