The Work of Aphrodite: Οι εργασίες της Αφροδίτης

Arion 1

"Arion! Arion! Wake up!"

Arion opened his eyes, groaning. He had spent all night practicing on his trichord. He finally fell asleep at two in the morning, after making sure he had his notes down. He had a competition in Athens later this morning, and he made his father promise to hide Arion's identity, being emperor and all. It seriously made Arion mad when he is treated differently. People are too scared to say the truth about Arion, or his skills.

Arion snapped out of it and looked up, seeing his mother.

"Arion!" She gasped, seeming relieved.

"What, Mother, did I miss the trichord competition?!" Arion cried, jumping out of bed.

"You're not going to that competition," Arion's mother began.

"What?!" Arion thundered, practically shaking the room, his chiton ruffled.

"You didn't let me finish," his mother sternly pointed out, "someone was murdered while we were sleeping, last night!"

Arion gasped. He felt his throat clench in fear. Was someone out to get his father? To get him?!

His mother seemed to have the same fears, as she cleared her throat.

"You're being assigned a bodyguard, who will protect you and be with you at all times. He comes from the finest military in the world. He's from Sparta." His mother informed.

Arion was devastated. Even though he wanted to be safe, he didn't want to be followed around by some military nut. He already was restricted enough, without having a supervisor to report his every action to his father and mother.

"It's for the best... Arion..." His mother sympathized. She didn't like robbing the rest of Arion's rights, but it was for the best.

Arion just sat back down on his bed.

"Who was murdered?" Arion questioned, wanting to know. He wasn't insensitive, he just wanted to know who got hurt, and if he knew them.

"Some slave, who decided to sleep in your father's bed. And dress in his clothes. Good thing we slept in the other master bedroom." His mother sighed. "They found the knife that was used... it may be a cult or a single assassain."

Arion nodded, deep in thought. That could have been his father, in that bed.

"I'll be back with your bodyguard. He's arriving in an hour or two." His mother mumbled.

Arion sighed, and sat down on his bed, picking up his trichord. As his mother left, he strummed some notes, letting them drift over the olive grove.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]? Like? comments appreciated1