The Work of Aphrodite: Οι εργασίες της Αφροδίτης

The Gods and Goddesses 1

Zeus, God of the Gods and of the Sky, smacked his forehead.

"I knew you should of given him brains, Athena!"

A roar ripped through the crowd of Gods and Goddesses sitting in the room.

Athena, the Goddess of wisdom, sitting in a corner, stood up, throwing her helmet on the ground.
"No help or guidance of mine would of helped that fool!" Athena shouted.

"Fight!! Fight!!" Ares, the God of War, screamed, standing up.

Athens stared straight into his testostrone-filled soul, and he shut up, sitting down.

"Besides, people go crazy and stupid in love. Go talk to Aphrodite." Athena rolled her eyes. Her only enemy, love.

The crowd of Gods and Goddesses once again grew in volume, and a few audible "ooh, buurrnn"s could be heard.

Aphrodite was walking down the hall outside the room that Zeus and Athena and all the other Gods and Goddesses were sitting around, discussing what had happened.

Aphrodite opened the door, singing a tune to herself and twirling her hair.
She stopped short, and looked around. The room became silent, every divine eye on her.

"No one told me there was a meeting..." She trailed off, her finger still twirled around a strand of her blonde hair.

"Well this is awkward!" Hermes, the God of Boundaries and the Messenger, shouted.

A few awkward coughs poked the silence, and Aphrodite opened her mouth.
"Okay, why is everyone here, and why am I NOT invited?"

Zeus, who was looking out the window at the destroyed world, turned to her.
"Your little work of love pushed Arion too far." Zeus muttered.

"Huh?" Aphrodite asked, clearly confused.

"Look out the damn window, dimwit!" Athena yelled from across the room.

Aphrodite shot her a look, and stuck her tongue out at her.

She made her way through the Gods and Goddesses and stood next to Zeus, peering out the window.

"When did this happen?" She asked, pointing to the crumbs that used to be Earth.

"Uh.. just an hour ago?" Zeus replied.

With no warning, a scream rang out and the door that lead to the hallway flew open.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Demeter, the Goddess of the Earth and Harvest, flew across the room, and grabbed a chokehold on Aphrodite.

"Let me go, you meanie-face!" Aphrodite shrieked.

"You and your stupid games have cost me my powers, and when it turns midnight, my LIFE!" Demeter spat into Aphrodite's face.

Ares was going crazy, bouncing off the walls at the fight going on. He was, after all, the God of War.

"STOP!!" Zeus bellowed.

Ares stood still, and Aphrodite and Demeter stared straight at him.

"Let her go." He told Demeter.
She reluctantly let go, and Aphrodite "hmmph-ed" and did a hairflip.

"You know, if you all would have listened to me, you could hear what I had to say." Aphrodite said, directing it at Demeter.

"Explain," Athena sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Well..." The crowd leaned forward, anticipating what she had to say. "Wait a minute, wheres Hades?" Aphrodite asked.

A loud groan echoed throughout the room.

Athena spoke up. "He's working late in the Underworld, since he is the God of Death and the Underworld."

Aphrodite continued before she could get cut off, by even herself.
"Love isn't just relationship love, its also the family love, the friend love, the companion love, the alliance love... So don't hate on me." She started.
"I don't control who I influence with my powers. I just play cupid, setting people up."

"FOR DEATH!" someone yelled out.

The crowd shook their head in agreement.

"Can't we just repair the world, and redo it? With... looooooooove?" Aphrodite sang, twirling at the word 'love'.

The notes of her singing caused the world to rebuild in a flashing light, and people were restored bback to life and on Earth.

Then, time was restored to the moment before Arion grabbed Diomedes hand.

Instead, Athena tipped Arion's balance a bit, and Arion instead grabbed Diomedes' dick.

Long story short, they skipped the festival.