Status: Active!

Effortless

Ch. 3 Ladies First

The next morning we had a short, easy practice. I wasn’t in a good mood and I think the guys could tell and the left me be. Seriously, though, I was trying to focus on my hockey and the team’s hockey, I didn’t need some beautiful girl messing with that. Fuck, just some girl, not beautiful. She was so forward and I hated that I liked that quality so much. A girl with no games, that idea was so vague to me.

After practice when we were all getting ready to leave, Max got on my case about my bad mood,

“Dude, I heard that girl asked for your phone number last night. That’s awesome, you know? So why are you so glum?” he questioned me, his voice was a little disbelieving.

I didn’t feel like talking about it, but I knew I’d feel better if I did. I finished taking my leg guards off before I answered him.

“It’s just I didn’t want any distractions this year. A girl is a distraction.” I admitted, shoving my things in my bag. I knew they understood. At one point they all felt something similar.

“Oh shit! Here it is Kris being Kris. Listen, man, you can’t worry about stuff like that. I’m married- and that’s probably the smallest of my distractions’ Matt piped in as he slung his bag over his shoulder. “I know Di, she’s an absolute sweetheart, not to mention beautiful. Enjoy the attention. Just enjoy it for what it is, or you’ll go crazy” he finished; he shrugged at me and left the room.

“I don’t know she seems nice, but I’m just worried- I don’t want another Alex.” I said, sometimes I forgot how nice it was to confide in my friends.

“Alex was in a league of crazy that many men have not seen. I don’t think this girl is like her. Dude, she asked you for your number. No shadiness, no sly games, just what it is. If the crazy train is the one she’s riding though, just drop it, and if you don’t see it right away, you have 23 of us guys to inform you. And trust me, we will. “Max came back at me.

“You know, Kris, I think you’re worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet and may not happen. Just go with it, who knows, it might help your game” Sid chimed in.

My teammates made a lot of good points. I was just being to over analytical. As we all walked out of the locker room, I pulled my phone out of my bag and turned it on. No missed calls, messages, or texts. I shrugged it off, no distractions yet.

Dianna’s Point of View

The next morning I laid in bed for a while, not ready to get out and face the day. I could hear Nora’s deep breathing from the bed next to me. I turned to the clock on the side of the bed and it read 7:36 a.m. We had to be at the studio in three hours, so we both had plenty of time. I lay on my back, pointing my toes under the covers and stretching my feet, they felt tight today. My thoughts went to last night. What was I thinking asking him for his phone number? He probably thought I was some crazy fan. Shit, he probably wants me to text him. I did ask him for his phone number, so that only seems right. I reached over to my phone and unlocked it. I had a message from my brother and that was it. I put the phone on the pillow next to me and sighed…why did I do this to myself?

“Text him...” I heard a mumble from Nora. I sat up and looked over at her bed. She was still snuggled nicely into her pillows, eyes closed. I turned to face her,

“I wouldn’t know what to say. It’s kind of early to text him too. It’s only 7:45; I don’t want to wake him up. They have a game tonight.” I said to her.

“Stop being so damn nice, wake the man up. They probably have practice or something he’s probably up.” She retorted turning to lie on her back.

“Nora, I’ll text him when we’re on our way to the studio. Plus, it’s been less than 12 hours since I even asked him for it. If I text him to soon he’ll think I’m a crazy fan.”

“Di, you think way too much into things, but that’s why I love you. I call shower first.” She said, getting up and grabbing her towel.

I sighed, Nora, was such a free spirit, sometimes I was jealous of her for it. I got out of bed and went to my suit case. I pulled out a pair of black yoga pants, a sports bra, and a grey, swing tank. I went and checked my phone again. I had to stop doing that, checking it wouldn’t make anything happen.

When Nora was finally done, I was able to relax a little in the shower. I shaved my legs, underarms and it made me feel better. Getting out, I followed my normal routine. I blew dry my long, dark hair so that it would just go with the natural curl. I didn’t put on any make-up because I knew I’d have to later for the performance.

When we were both finally ready to go get something to eat in the restaurant, my phone went off. I braced myself for it to be my brother or one of my other friends. I tried not to get my hopes up because I would be super disappointed if it wasn’t Kris and I expected it to be. I looked at my phone and Nora looked at me.

“Not him” I shrugged, but I knew she knew my disappointment.

He didn’t contact me all day; I even checked my phone a couple times during the rehearsal. I should probably have been focusing on my dancing, but I couldn’t. We were sent back to the hotel at four to get ready for the show. We needed to have hair done and make-up ready when we were supposed to arrive at the theater later that night.

I decided I was going to text him. That’s obviously what he was waiting for. And if I could ask him for his phone number than why couldn’t I text him. Screw the game of who goes first. I mean I was the one who asked him for his number. It only made sense. So, around 5 I texted him. I know what you’re thinking why they hell was I making such a big deal about this. It just seemed like a big deal at the time…and plus this was new and exciting.

Hey there. I hope you do well tonight at your game. I’m sorry I’m not going to be able to see it. Good luck  

Nora laughed about how nervous I was. Sometimes I wish I had her ability to flirt and be comfortable around men, but it just wasn’t my thing. As Nora and I loaded on the make-up and pulled our hair into buns, I heard my phone go off.

Text Message: Kris Letang

Thanks, I hope so too. I would say break a leg, but I hate that phrase, so dance your heart out.

I couldn’t help but smile. How did he know what to say? It was nice getting that feeling of excitement again.

“Girl! What did he say, what did he say!?” Nora insisted, very loudly.

I read her a text and she awed at me. “You two are going to get married and have babies and love each other forever!” She teased me, holding the rouge brush in her hand and waving at me.

I rolled my eyes, “yeah I’m sure we will” I sarcastically answered.

Kris Letang’s Point of View

We beat the devils that night and I got to say I felt great about how we all played. Personally, I felt great on my own game. My defense was good, but I felt like offense could have been better, some of my puck handling at the center line was a bit off.

After all the crazy madness we made it back to the hotel around 2 in the morning. I was beat and I think that Alex was going to fall asleep walking to the room.

“This make up is coming off, right now” I recognized the voice of Nora. “Shit, Di, every time I blink my eyes stick together. I feel like that’s a hazard for being on stage”

I heard her laugh. “I love you, Nora” she replied, her laugh woven throughout her sentence.

I saw them walk towards their door and neither of them noticed me. She really was beautiful. She wasn’t wearing dancing clothes, but she was holding a clothes bag, that I assumed held it. She looked relaxed and comfortable. Her hair was falling out of its bun and curled slightly. Her shirt allowed for some of her midriff to show and I couldn’t help, but stare.

“Dianna!” I called before she walked through her door. She stopped abruptly and looked down the hall at me. That smile spread across her face.

“Hey there, congratulations, I heard you guys won!” she walked towards me. She was wearing a lot of make-up, but it made her blue eyes very bright.

“Thanks, we did. It was a great game I wish you could have seen it.”

“I’ll make sure to watch the next one, I promise.” She told me, and she shifted her weight onto one leg. I couldn’t help myself and I asked her if she wanted to go down stairs for a bit and talk and she agreed. The hotel was deserted at this time of night, but it was nice, no people to worry about.

We sat outside on the patio of the hotel, it was a bit cool, but a clear night.

“I love the night time, when there is no one around. It feels like you’re the only person in the world” she commented when an awkward silence started to creep in.

“I was thinking that when we were walking down here.” I agreed, was she a mind reader?
We talked a little bit more and it seemed effortless. I didn’t feel like she was interviewing me or was bored with what I had to say and vice versa. I loved hearing talk about dancing because she was as passionate about it. She was as passionate about it as I was about hockey. It made her even more attractive in my eyes. When the night was pushing into the morning we both decided it was time to head back.

At her door, it got awkward. Was I supposed to kiss her? I wanted too, but it was too soon. I was jumping the gun. I didn’t want to kiss her for the sake of it.

Dianna’s Point of View

I could tell he was nervous when he dropped me at my door. I was a little too, I wasn’t sure if I wanted him to kiss me or not. It wasn’t that I didn’t like him. I was just very unsure. I made the first move and put my hand on the side of his right upper arm and I rubbed my thumb back and forth.

“Thanks for spending some time with me. I really enjoyed hanging out for a bit” I smiled at him and I saw his smile in return. He took his right hand and placed it over mine and the touch ran shivers down my arm. He slid his hand down my forearm to my elbow and pulled me into him. He wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back. He was warm and I could feel his heartbeat, his cologne was there too. I could feel him burry his face into my neck and I pulled tighter into the embrace.

“Goodnight, Dianna, I’m sure we’ll do this again sometime.” He replied as he let me go. I didn’t want him to let me go just yet.

“Goodnight,” I whispered. His hands that still were holding my shoulders fell away and he smiled before turning away and walking to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, since I adore clothes, this is Dianna's outfit.

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265393292702&c=Page&cid=1292979627318&pagename=vsdWrapper

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265393289668&c=Page&cid=1292993394566&pagename=vsdWrapper

http://www.zappos.com/puma-saba-patent-wns-black-puma-silver?zlfid=111

I feel like I haven't described Dianna enough, but this is how I see her. If you don't want this to mess up your idea of her don't look. I know that sometimes what I think and what you think are two very different ideas.

http://ashley-greene.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=67&pid=766#top_display_media

http://ashley-greene.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=67&pid=769#top_display_media

http://ashley-greene.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=379&pid=8269#top_display_media

http://ashley-greene.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=364&pid=7850#top_display_media

Also, I really wish you guys would tell me what you think about his story. I mean, I know people are reading it. Send me a message. I'm alone on here, my first time doing this type of thing. Any words of improvement or encouragement, i would love love love!

SJ