Status: Active!

Effortless

Chapter 6: Sunflower

Kris Letang’s Point of View

“Dude, it says here that you’re supposed to throw flowers on the stage when you give a dancer a standing ovation” Marc-Andre called over to me from my living room, while looking at my computer screen.

“I feel like that’s an old fashioned thing to do,” I replied, as I finished spreading the peanut butter around the bread, placing the piece with jelly on top of it and heading into the family room.

“I don’t know if it is or isn’t, but if it’s on this website then do it, she’s a dancer she’ll understand right away. I still think it’s a good idea though. Females love this kind of stuff and if you want to know this girl a little better, this would be something she would never forget” Max chimed in from my floor where he was playing with his phone.

“I always get really awkward when I do romantic stuff though; I don’t want her to see my stupid side just yet…”

“Haha, too late, man, she already knows that. Just do it, she’ll like it, trust your friends” Max countered me.

I had come up with a grand idea to sneak over to the airport before Dianna landed and put a flower on her car because I wasn’t there to see her dance when she got her standing ovation. It was just an idea, but when it slipped out in front of the guys, it became a plan. They even got me to secretly get her to tell me what kind of car she had. Dianna seemed too small to drive a Jeep, but she did.

“Fine, but we should get going though because the flower shops close soon” Max said, sitting up and looking at us.

Later that Night

“What kind of Jeep did she say, Tanger?” Flower asked me as he looked in the windows of every Jeep in the parking lot.

“Ugh, I don’t know, man she didn’t say. She just said her Jeep. I feel like it would be a smaller one though” I said, looking for any Jeep that would jump out at me.

“Shouldn’t it be white or something, don’t chicks always pick white vechiles?” Flower went on, moving towards a white Jeep Cherokee. “Di doesn’t smoke does she; this car has cigarettes in it.” I could see him peeking in the window and I prayed to God whoever owned the Jeeps we were creeping on didn’t come out and throw a fit over it.

“She doesn’t smoke, it’s not hers. “ I answered and we moved on.

Time went on and there was nothing that gave us a clue to which one was hers and I felt like we were wasting time. Her plane had already landed and it would be shortly that she would be out here.

“Excuse me gentleman, is there something going on here?”

Mother fucker, the cops would come out of nowhere, I guess we were being suspicious. Of course Max was the spokesperson.

“Well, you see officer my friend here KRIS LETANG” he emphasized my name,” met this really beautiful girl while we were on an away game this week. This girl is flying back into Pitt tonight, this girl happened to get her first standing ovation this week and he missed it and apparently it’s a big deal to ballet dancers, this girl happens to drive a jeep and we were looking for it to put a flower on it, so that he could impress her. Kind of like animals when they do that mating game. So, we aren’t trying to break into anyone’s car or anything just trying to find a Jeep to put his flower on.”

Maxime’s speech was so honest and so cheerful that it was hard to think he was lying. He had that big dopey grin he gets that all the fans love and the cops just stared at him. I guess they were thinking that we would get nervous and start stuttering over our words. If Max wasn’t a hockey player he should have been a lawyer.

“You’re Kris Letang from the Penguins” it wasn’t a question it was a statement. The cop looked at me a little harder; I wondered if my helmet was on if he’d be able to recognize me better.

“Yes, sir, I am. Just trying to get a girl, you know what I mean?” I tried to sound as casual as Max, but I knew that my voice was a little more anxious.

“Well, son, I know how hard it is to win a pretty girl over. Hurry up and find her car and get a move on because technically you kids are loitering.” The cop said to us.

Sometimes it paid to be a Pittsburgh Penguin.

Our search became a little more panicked when we saw the time and I knew she’s be out here soon and I didn’t want the guys to be here when she walked out.

“TANGER! SHE DANCES FOR DANCE CONSERVATORY OF PITTSBURGH, RIGHT!” Marc-Andre screamed from two rows over.

I ran over to where he was and sure enough, on the seat there was a pamphlet for opening classes for fall.

“Okay, guys, thanks for the help, but hurry up and go before she get s here” I placed the flower on the windshield.

“Awe, we can’t stay to see you guys be all cute together,” Max joked, stomping his feet like a child.

“Come on guys, you know I’m bad at this stuff as it is, if you’re here it’ll be weird, “I complained looking around.

“Okay, we’re out. Let us know how it goes” and the both started walking back towards Marc’s car.

I waited by her car and hoped that she would be out soon, waiting made me even more anxious. I started to push the small pebbles on the ground into piles and it helped me relax. Someone started walking towards me, but it turned out to be a dude. More people followed and I knew the Dianna would be out soon. I saw a girl carrying a dance bag, and I stretched my neck to maybe see her coming better. Time went on and she still didn’t come out. I thought maybe I should text her, to see if she was okay, but I decided not to, I thought she might think that was a bit obsessive. When it was her Jeep and a few other cars left, I thought maybe I should just go.

As I started to walk away, there she came. She had three bags and she was struggling to hold them. Her hair fell in her face, and she was bent at the waist trying to hoist her biggest bag back on to her shoulder. She was wearing a pale pink top and the way the moonlight and streetlamps hit her skin it made it seem like her skin was glowing.

“Dianna!” I called out, and started to walk towards her.

She looked up quickly and in doing so dropped most of her bags, but she smiled when she saw me. Seeing her smile I picked up my pace and jogged over to her.

“Allo, Ballerine” I said, when I reached her.

“What on earth are you doing here, Kris?” she asked, and she wasn’t upset because she quickly threw her arms around me.

“Well, I had surprise for you, I left it on your car. “ I explained, as she pulled away, but kept her arms around my neck.

“Oh a surprise, huh? What is it?” she asked, looking at me with a mischievous smile.

“If I tell you won’t that defeat the purpose of it being a surprise?” I questioned back.

“Fine, I guess that means I’ll have to take my arms from around your neck, even though we are in perfect kissing position, and go see what you left for me” she over exaggerated.

“I promise to kiss you after you look,”

Her smile got so big, all I wanted to was kiss her right then, but I kept myself under control. She tried picked up her bags, and I shooed her away to go look at her car. Her bags seemed very light to me, but I guess they were kind of big for her to carry all of them. When I reached her car, she already had the single flower in hand and she was smiling at it.

“Why a sunflower?” she asked me, letting her fingers glide against the petals

“It reminded me of you, warm and bright. So, I got it for you. “I explained as I set her bags down by her Jeep.

“You know, back in the olden days people would through flowers onto the stage when they gave a dancer a standing ovation.” She told me, still looking at her flower.

“Um, yeah, I know, I kind of looked it up, and since I wasn’t there to stand up or throw a flower on the stage for you, I thought this would be okay” I could feel my ears getting hot and I hoped she didn’t think I was lame. She looked at me then, her face was calm and peaceful, she looked beautiful.

“You know, I haven’t been treated this well by a man in a long time, I’m happy that it’s you though Kris, you’re a good person”

I was kind of taken aback, because she was so honest. It was hard not to trust her, and just the way she looked at me, I couldn’t help but want to be nearer to her.

“You deserve to be treated right, Dianna, and I think I’m going to really enjoy treating you the way you should be” I smiled and moved closer to her. “You know, I also keep my promises.” And I pushed some of her hair behind her ear, cupped her face and kissed her.

I loved kissing her, the way it wasn’t awkward and how we moved together well. I felt her hands slide up my stomach and onto my chest where she gripped my shirt a little. She is the one that deepened the kiss and I let her, opening my mouth for her tongue to trace my bottom lip. I slide my hands down to her waist and pulled her close to me, so that her body was pressed to mine. I tried to keep my thoughts in check; I didn’t want to get too excited.

She pulled away for a second, her breath coming a little quicker than before.

“Kris Letang” she smiled up at me.

“What’s that, Sunflower?” I asked, and her smile broadened.

“You’re going to be my boyfriend one day, you know that?”

“Yeah, I already knew.” I whispered onto her lips before kissing her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love all of you and I know it's been way to long since I updated. Don't blame me, blame tests and getting the damn flu. I know this one is another filler, but I'm working on it.

Let me know your thoughts.

<3 Sophia