Status: New, active

The Downfall of Us All

Tom

"We're so glad our baby girl." Arielle's mum stuttered, almost crying. "Is she doing good?"

"Yes, she actually is! She's learning pretty fast."

"I'm Nancy, by the way." She held her hand out.

"I know." I smiled, shaking her hand anyway. "Do you wanna see her?"

"Oh, yes. Of course!"

I walked into the house, Nancy following me. Arielle was sitting on the couch, laughing and watching a movie with Oliver. I felt jealous, a flash of jealousy. Oli had no chance anyway, why was I so...ugh. "Oli, could you..."

"Mate, shh. 'M watching a movie!"

"Oliver her mum is here."

Oli looked up in shock and stood, nodding his head at her and making his way upstairs. "Oh hi, mum!" Arielle stood up and gave her mum a huge hug.

It was a bit awkward, having them hug for what felt like hours in front of me. Finally they parted from each other and started exchanging new memories. I stood there, oddly happy, and fine that the either of them were acting like they didn't notice me. I felt goo, like I'd accomplished something. And I did, I just didn't consider it because she was so beautiful.

"Mum, this is my best friend, Tom. He's so nice." She smiled.

"I've met him, he is nice!"

"Yes, nice." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Well, I'm gonna run. I've got a lot of errands to do, I'll see you later guys!"

She waved to Arielle and smiled at me, walking out the door. Oli came running down the stairs, a huge grin on his face. He started rambling on about some movie that was just going to come out, to Arielle. I was listening in on their conversation as I was cooking diner for us. Her vocabulary was getting better by the second, it seemed. I could almost consider her a normal twenty-year-old. But I still couldn't considering she'd also been in a coma for a full ten years.

"You guys ready for diner?" I asked, putting some of my lasagna on the first plate.

"Yes I am, mate. Hungry as a wolf."

I laughed an pulled up a chair after filling the last plate with the lasagna. It wasn't really lasagna, I don't think. It was swirly noodles, with some sort of sauce on the top, and a bit of veggies to top it. Me and Oli were vegetarians. I didn't know if Arielle was before, but she seemed to love the food I made.

"So, how was your day, Sierra?" I asked, stuffing some noodles in my mouth.

"It was quiet...fantastic." She smiled. "We need to get out though."

I laughed quietly. "Get out, yeah? Why so?"

"I don't know. I hate being stuck in one place. I think I always have..."

"Well, maybe we'll go out to eat next time."

"Or you could come out with me tonight." Oli looked up from his plate.

"Um, Oli, I don't think that's such a great-"

Arielle cut me off, "I want to!"

My heart started beating a little faster by each moment. I didn't really want to talk, I didn't know what to say. I was jealous, and worried. If I said no, because the condition she was in, would she get her feelings hurt? If I let her go, we she end up falling into Oli's trap? All these things would go wrong. Oli and her went on into conversation, leaving me out. After a couple minutes, it got a bit quiet.

"I guess I'll come along, too." I murmured.

"You sure, Tom. You get piss drunk every time you come out with me." He laughed.

"I won't this time. I just wanna have some fun with you guys."

"Oh, Matt might some. And if he doesn't Lee obviously will."

"That's cool."

"Who's that?" Arielle asked, her brows furrowed.

"Oh, that's some friends of mine. They play in my band."

"You have a band?" She smiled. Yes, she's definitely falling into Oli's trap. A little sooner than I'd think, though.

"Yes, I don' know if you'd like our music though." He laughed.

I faked a laugh. This will probably be hell trying to keep Arielle away form Oli all night, he was obviously trying to get in her pants.
♠ ♠ ♠
I REWROTE IT! <3
Haha thank God, because the other one sucked, it was
WAY too short. xD
Thank for the reading and commenting and subing! (:
196 readers or so. Hopefully we get more!