"...My Heart"

"...my heart."

Married.

I can’t believe it. And to the best guy in the world, Max James*. It has been 3 Months sense he asked, just 2 more and I’ll be married. I smiled and rolled over to his side of the bed. Empty…again with our hectic schedule we never see each other any more. I got out of bed and checked my phone. 1 new voice mail hmm…wonder who?

“Heeyy, Paty how are you? Just wanted to call and remind you that you have to meet my brother today, you remember right? You two are going to be working on that short little film together. Don’t Forget 11’o clock at the Blue Tree*. See you there, oh and just in case you just woke up and are a little bit slow it’s Shannon.”

“Oh shit! I set my alarm. Damn it.”

I ran and put on some jeans that made my butt look nice and then the first shirt my hand touched, which happed to be a 30 Seconds to Mars one. I quickly applied some eye liner and dark eye shadow and headed out the door.

As I approached the restaurant I saw Shannon standing outside with his brother, Jared. Sure, I knew of him. Seen him live a few times, but never really met him. Shannon saw me and walked to met me half way and gave me a hug.

“Being fashionably late I see.”

“Ha-ha funny Shannon. I think I need a new alarm clock. It is set before I go to bed but not when I wake up.”

“Hmm…I’ll get you one for Christmas. Now! Lets go!” and he lightly pushed me towards were Jared was standing.

“Jared, Paty. Paty, Jared.”

“Nice to meet you,” I imputed as we shook hands.

“You to, nice shirt by the way.”

“What, oh yeah thanks, as you can tell I was running a little late this morning.” he smiled and lightly laughed.

“Everything turned out great, shall we?” he asked as he opened the door for me. We walked in the get our lunch, well brunch for me. XD

1 Month Later

“Jared! Shannon!” I ran up to them.

I’ve become close to Jared about as close as I am to Shannon.

“So…” Shannon said, casually draping his arm over me. “You coming to the Christmas Party?”

“Yeah, are you?” asked Jared as he mirrored Shannon’s movement.

“Well…I guess I could…”I said lightly laughing.

“Awesome!” Jared said and they both kissed me on the cheeks at the same time.

“See you later Paty!” Shannon said as Jared waved. I waved back. I turned around and saw a woman, who was sitting at the café across the road, giving me death glares. She had blond hair that was in an up do. She wore a light pink jacket and skirt with heels. She must work in an office some where. I looked at her like she was crazy, which she most likely is,
and called for a cab.

As I walked in to my apartment I called for Max.

“I’m in here honey.” I followed his voice to the bedroom.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I answered as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He was fixing his tie. “How was your day?”

“Hellish…you had a good day.” it wasn’t a question but I answered anyway.

“Yup, my company is having a Christmas Party. Maybe that will help you relax. I think John and Shane will be there. You guys always like to talk sports.”

“I would but…”

“Don’t tell me you have to go back to work again. I miss you.”

“I know” He bent down to give me a quick kiss. “But it is the last month of the year and all the finances have to be in order.”

“Ok I’ll just stay h-”

“No.”

“But-”

“Go. Have fun…besides you Don’t want to let your Boyfriends Down.” I looked at him, shocked at his choice of words.

“Max…the only man in my life is you.” my eyes narrowed “You know Shannon has Lexie,”

“Oh and what about the other one, the singer.”

“I just met him not to long ago, you remember how long it took me to even think about going on a date with you…How could you even think that…” I shook my head and walked away.

“Pat!” he called after me. I sat down on the futon and turned on the TV.

“Look, I don’t mean it like that. I just had to be sure.’

“Whatever. I said ‘Yes’ didn’t I?”

“Yes you did. And I’m glad you did.” he kissed me on the cheek. “Honey, I have to go, be
home around 11:30-12:00?”

“Yeah, I’ll be here.” he kissed me one more time and left.

Men...

After I took a quick shower I decided on my red and gray plaid skirt with some black leggings with boots and a red long sleeved shirt and a black jacket.
I smiled greetings at the people I passed.

“Hello…” someone whispered in my ear. I slightly jumped.

“Oh…Jared, you kind of scared me.”

“Well that’s a first, Usually women go weak at the knees when I whisper in their ear.”
I laughed. “Well I’m not the usual case now am I?” I glanced around
“Hey where’s Shannon?” I heard him mumble something like ‘no your not.’ He looked up when I spoke.

“What, oh he’s running a little late.”

“Oh being fashionably late is he?”

“Yup, he loves his fashion.”

We both laughed. Being me around him was so…easy. It was too easy, and then I thought. Maybe Max does have competition. All night we just hung out together. When Shannon finally arrived with Lexie we all hung out together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Lexie!” I said later that night. “Just how much have you drank? Oh god your drunk!”

“What! I swear to Drunk I’m not god!”

“Ugh, let me go get Shannon.” I said shaking my head and walking to the group of men which Shannon and Jared were involved in.

“Excuse me, I’m sorry but I have to steal them for a moment.” I said grabbing one of Jared’s and Shannon’s wrist.

“What is it,” Shannon asked.

“Look” I said. “Lexie, your drunk.”

“Yeeeaahhh Riiight! I haven’t drink to much to have!”

They both busted out laughing and I joined in. Between laughs I heard Lexie ask what was so funny.

“Come on….let get you home.” Shannon said.

“We’ll help.” I said.

When we finally got her in a cab, Shannon said his goodnights and left. I looked a Jared and smiled.

“Night,” I said giving him a tight hug and he kissed my cheek.

“Let me get you a cab.”

“No, its ok. I live about a block over and there are plenty of people out and about.”
I smiled and released him. “Try not to get to drunk yourself, ok? We have filming to do.” I said as I walked off.

It was about 10:45, and god was I tired. All I want to do is go to sleep.
When I saw my apartment complex ahead of me I looked around. All the lights were off in my apartment except for the living room lamp. We always keep that on. I looked in the parking lot and I saw Max’s car. Hmm… he must be asleep.
I unlocked my door as quietly as I could. He is a bitch if you wake him up. As I cracked open the door I heard some unknown noise. I steeped through the door and turned on the light.

My eyes widen.

“What the hell?!”

Both of their heads turned my way. Holly Shit! It was the woman from before. Like hell I was ever sitting on that futon again.

“What…are you doing here?” he asked pulling the blank over them.

“What, oh don’t stop on my account. And incase you’ve forgotten I live here, Bastard.” I said as I took the ring off my finger. I knew it was damn expensive, I guess I could pawn it for a very beautiful penny, but let him think otherwise. I walked to the bathroom and ‘flushed it’ and walked out without a second glance.

______________________________________________________________________

I just walked around, numb. Somewhat because of Max, but mostly from the cold. I can’t believe that all this time that was his work. I just don’t understand men. Bastards All of them. The sun was nowhere near ready to wake up and it was stupid cold. I didn’t have anyone to call. I sat down on a snow covered bench. I could call Shannon, but he has Lexie to deal with. Then there’s Jared…he probably found a girl to take home. There was that one girl, Samantha*, she was undressing him with her eyes all night. Damn whores. That girl made me much more angrier than Max. Then I noticed that if this happened to some other girl she wouldn’t even be able to think about it without crying. I haven’t cried once. Why?

Didn’t I love him? One word came to mind.

Pride.

That’s all he hurt was my pride. I wasn’t enough for him, and that’s what hurt. I think that somewhere along the line I fell for Jared. Ugh, I hate how love works. Damn you cupid. It was about 12 and I really didn’t have anywhere to go. Tim, the director we’re working with He is always nice. I began walking back to the party.

The building was in view and it looked like it was over. People were getting in cabs and saying there good nights. Just in time.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around. My eyes narrowed. “What Max?”

“Paty lets just go home and talk abo-”

“There’s nothing to talk about I trusted you. YOU ruined it not me, so there nothing to talk about.”

“Yeah there is, I ruined it? Because I had another girl. What about you, you had 2 guys!”

“Whatever were not going through this again, you WERE the only man I had.”

“I want the ring back.”

‘Sorry…I don’t have it, but you could call a Plummer to get it.”

“Yeah right, we both know you couldn’t do anything like that to something that expensive.”

“Really?” I asked and took the ring out of my pocket. I held it over the sewer drain.

“Pat, honey. Just give me the ring and I’ll go.”

“Why don’t you just go?” and I dropped the ring. Ohh bitch move on my part.(sorry I’ve been
wanting to say that for a while now XD)

He just stared for a moment, then looked at me with a very angry expression. Then I saw the real Max. He was about to slap me, and I tried to get out of his way. I knew that I was nowhere near out of his range but he never hit me. I opened my eyes to see Jared standing in front of me. He had caught his fist.

“Max, I don’t believe it’s right to hit women.

“Stay out of this! I don’t like you and you don’t like me, so walk away.”

“ Jared, lets go.”

Jared looked at me form over his shoulder. He shook his head. “Your too nice,” and dropped his fist.

Then it all happed so fast.

As soon as Jared had his back turned to Max, he swung but missed because Jared expected his moved. Jared swung around and hit Max right in the jaw. He staggered back, then swung at Jared again, but this time he barley clipped his jaw, but it was just enough to make his lip bleed. Jared was about to swing again but I grabbed him around the waist and pulled him back way from him.

“Jared stop! He isn’t worth it!” I said as I heard the cops getting closer. I pulled him further way as the cops were getting out of there cars. Max was still going for Jared. The cops restrained him and put him in handcuffs. He was escorted to the back of a cop car. Jared pulled me around to where my head was on his chest.

“Shh… it’s ok…I’m sorry.” it wasn’t until then that I knew I was crying.

“Don’t be…” I whispered. I heard foot steps approaching us.

“Sir, Mam, would you like to press charges?” an officer asked.

“Paty?” Jared asked. I just shook my head against his chest.

“Take her home sir.” and the officer walked away.

He walked me back to the apartment, as I told him everything.

“Let me gat the first aid kit.” I said as he walked towards the futon.

“No, you don’t want to sit on that, trust me.” he backed away from it and followed me through the bedroom to the bathroom. I saw him, through the mirror, behind me. I grabbed the kit and turned to him.

“Ok, hold still, lets fix this lip of yours.”

“Paty, I’m fine.” I just continued what I was doing.

“Paty.”

“Stop talking, it will only take a second.”

“Paty…”

My hand went to his face. “Just be quite, I’m-”

“Patrícia…” he grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers together.

“Jared…” I breathed and looked into those beautiful eyes of his.

Then I felt his lips on mine. Our lips mingled together. He pushed me up against the bathroom counter. My hand slid up his chest as his lip traced my bottom lip. I parted mine. Our kissing became more and more intense. We somehow made it to the bedroom. He pushed me back on my bed. One of his hand caressed my side lightly. Jared crawled on top of me and began kissing me again. He suddenly stopped, grabbed his shirt and left mumbling something I couldn’t hear. I just sat there in the middle of my bed.

“Screw you Cupid.” I whispered.

*************A Few Weeks Latter*************

So Jared and I haven’t spoken to each other, and that really sucks because of the movie. Things are awkward between us. I try talking to him but he is ALWAYS busy.

“Pattttyyy,” Shannon said in a sing song voice.

“Shannon you really need to stop going to the dessert table.”

“Yeahhh right. Soo what’s going on between you and my bro.” he asked nodding towards his ‘bro’.

“ I don’t know, why don’t you ask him.” I said. “bye Shannon I’ve got errands to run.” I waved and left. Really the only errand I have is to see if my bed was still as fluffy as I remember it to be.

--------------Late that Night----------------

I woke up by loud knocking at my door. Ugh. I glanced at the clock 4:03 a.m.

“What the Hell! This better be good!” I yelled. I walked to the door, still half asleep. I didn’t bother to grab my robe. I was in an oversized black shirt and panties. I thrusted open the door and froze.

“Jar…Jared…” I whispered. He grabbed me and pulled me into a kiss.
I wanted nothing more than to stay like that but why now? Was he drunk and looking to score? I pulled away form him.

“What…” nope know alcohol. High?

“Patrícia Hale. I love you. I was just to stupid to realize it.”

“You expect me to just say ‘I forgive you’? You just left here without a word. You’re the first man I’ve ever cried over.”

“Paty, I know it will take time for you to trust me again, just please…”

Truth is, I really do love him. I Pulled him into a hug and kissed him. I Pulled way and whispered in his ear.

“I’m trusting you with my heart.”

Then my phone went off. A text that I later read.

“Your welcome. :)
-Shannon”
♠ ♠ ♠
XD AND CUT!!!! Hahahaha hoped you guys liked it! Comment? :)

X> much Lurv!!!!!