‹ Prequel: The Ties That Bind

Problems Are Better Left Unsaid

Chapter 6

Today was dooms day. My stomach turned into knots and felt as if I was going to puke. I hate the fact that I'm being forced into this but the last thing I want to do is fight it. If I'm emotionless the entire time the better it will be. I could just catch up on my sleep.

"Your stuff is in the bus." Martin grunted "We are only leaving for two months and you packed your whole closet."

I walked past him without saying anything.

"Come on Lin this silent treatment has to end now."

I just looked out into the driveway seeing the big bus in our driveway.

"Everything is set." Uncle Bryan came out and let out a sigh of relief. "Get on the bus."

"I love you Lin. I'll see you when you get back." My Mother hugged me as I stood there not even bothering to wrap my arms around her. She let go and had a hurt look on her face.

Paul walked into the room his bag strapped around his shoulder.

He gave her a kiss and placed a hand on her stomach. I could hear him say "I'm going to miss you two." as I turned away.

Those words had me blinking back tears. Did he ever feel that way when I was in there?

I stuck my headphones in and let the music blast into my ears.

I got onto the bus and jumped into one of the top bunks and curled up in the sheets. I heard the bus doors shut and felt it slowly turning out of my driveway and down the street.

"Aislinn?" Martin called out and I just stayed silent.

He pulled back the curtain.

"Our first stop is Florida. We make a pit stop every hour and a half. So if you need....I don't know any 'womanly' products you have to get them while you can."

I phased him out only looking directly up at the ceiling.

"Okay then." He shut the curtain.

Paul's POV

I stayed planted in the couch as everyone else made themselves at home. Bryan and John had just finished setting up their bunks and Martin was in the process of finishing.

"I swear to god everything she does just screams Les." John sighed taking a seat next to me.

"What do you mean?"

"Her over all attitude. The way she is isolating herself in her bunk like that? That was 100% Les when we had to lug her around on tour with us seventeen years ago. Man... it doesn't seem that long ago. I remember you two sneaking around with each other."

I smiled.

"Yeah. We were really just scared of what Bryan would do once he found out."

"Well you had every reason to be scared. Les had nearly died the day before you two got together. It was all so spontaneous and well at the time I didn't think she was ready for it."

"I have always and will always love Les. I mean when I met her she was what? 14? I was 17. I mean I didn't think much of anything then because she was so young but as the years passed it just grew into something much more. She trusted me with a lot of things."

"Oh really now?" Bryan snorted.

"Well lets just say when her brother went through that really dark time in his life I was the one who helped her out."

"She went to you?"

"Yeah for a lot of things. She told me everything. Which was why I was so taken back when she didn't tell me what happened."

"She didn't tell any of us."

"If she would have we could have prevented it from happening the second time." Bryan combed his fingers through his hair.

"Yes. I mean I don't know... maybe if it was prevented she'd be mine."

"Paul" Martin started as he came out of the back "if you keep on going back to that it's going to keep on bugging you.

I let a few stray tears roll down and quickly wiped them away.

Lin's POV

I listened to a bit of their conversation.

She's so much like Les...Seventeen years...Doesn't seem too long ago...I didn't think she was ready.

and then

"I have always and will always love Les. I mean when I met her she was what? 14? I was 17. I mean I didn't think much of anything then because she was so young but as the years passed it just grew into something much more. She trusted me with a lot of things."

"Oh really now?"

"Yeah for a lot of things. She told me everything. Which was why I was so taken back when she didn't tell me what happened."

"...Could have been prevented."

"Yes"


He said yes.

I could have been prevented.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a filler.