‹ Prequel: The Ties That Bind

Problems Are Better Left Unsaid

Chapter 8

Gabby looked at me and a slight tinge of pain seemed to flicker in her eyes. She looked down for a second, picked her head back up, and looked back at me trying her best to put a smile on her face.

"Aislinn?"

I nod my head and stir a bit in my seat.

"Wow you've grown up so fast. The last time I saw you was your baptism."

"Gabby Ortega?"

She nodded.

"Your Godmother."

Paul was tapping his leg furiously while biting down on his lip.

I nodded my head.

"I'm not hungry. I'm going to go back to the bus." I murmured.

"Um.. neither am I. I'll go with her. I think you guys all need to talk everything out."

I shrugged my shoulders and walked out of the restaurant with Gabby behind me and Paul's eyes following me as I eventually drifted out of sight.

I opened up the bus doors, letting Gabby get in first, and closing them behind me.

"Just like I remembered it." She brushes her hand on the couch and plops down.

I lean against the wall on the opposite side of the bus.

"You were on tour with them?"

She laughed.

"I first met them when we were on Warped Tour in 2007."

"We?"

"I was in a band way back when. Back when I had everything figured out....At least at that time. When you're 17 you think you have everything figured out."

"My Mom hasn't really mentioned much about you."

"Mainly because we didn't really meet until almost 4 months into her pregnancy. Martin and I were mainly long distance through out most of our relationship."

"If she barely knew you why did she choose you to be my Godmother?"

"That was your Father's choice actually. We were actually once really good friends and well I ruined it when I left."

"I have no Father."

"Excuse me?"

"He isn't my Dad." I stated flatly.

"You found out." She shook her head "I thought they swore they were never going to tell you."

"You were really close to my Mother during her pregnancy?"

"Yes I was."

"Then you have to know who my Dad is.... you have to tell me."

"Aislinn it isn't my place."

"I need to know Gabby. I've been lied to my whole life. I deserve to know the truth."

"I've seen pictures of you and videos of you. When you were really little. I think you need to take a look at it."

She reaches into her bag and pulls out her laptop and starts slowly flipping through different websites. When she finds what she was looking for she hands it to me and clicks play.

"Well hey there everyone" John's face was plastered on the screen. He showed off a cheeky grin and then flipped the camera to show more people in what looked like a waiting room.

"John seriously?" Uncle Bryan seemed nervous and exhausted from the looks of everything.

"Oh come on BryBry it's an exciting night!"

The camera turns over to Martin.

"Sooooooo party Marty what was your bet? Boy or Girl?"

He clears his throat "Hmmm well Paul and Les have been saying and referring to the baby as her or she so I'll go with their guess and say girl."

"With today's technology these people don't want to find out what they're having it really amazes me...but anyway it has to be a boy! I need someone to corrupt!"

"John you'll do that either way!"

The next thing I saw was the camera positioned towards the doors as Paul barged out.
He had the biggest smile on his face as he pulled off the gloves.

"We have a little girl."

"Congrats man."
Martin pulled him in for a hug

The video ended and I sat up straight in my seat.

"Why did you show me this?" Gabby took the computer off my lap and started browsing through some files on her computer pulling out some pictures from the day I was born. One of them with Paul holding me close to him.

"He was so incredibly happy the day you were born."

The doors of the bus opened with Paul, Bryan, and Martin entering.

I looked at her and got up.

"Well things change I guess."

Paul looked over my shoulder and saw the picture on the screen.

"I'm going to bed." He mumbled and brushed past my Uncle.

Gabby took a deep breath and had me face her.

"Just realize something blood isn't always everything."

"It does to me." I got up and climbed into my bunk plugging my head phones into my ears, letting the music carry me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a while :/ My internet has been going nuts and now has finally gone back to normal. I'm working on a new chapter right now and it should be up very soon. I would like to say tomorrow but it all depends on how late I'm up until. Comments are great by the way! Thanks for reading.

P.S. I'm also looking to make this story longer than what I originally wanted because I have a lot of good ideas for it.