Entering The World Of Pokemon

Kari - Route 22

It was about time I started to venture into the world of Pokemon, after my Uncle Koga had trained me to be the best, and eventually become an Elite Four. I've been training for a few years and we've both decided that it was time I show Kanto my real abilities as a trainer.

I currently only have one Pokemon. My Growlithe, or as I called him, Hajime, or Haj for short. When I was only eight I got him in an egg from one of my uncles partners, before he was and Elite. Haj and I have grown together. Even though I had one Pokemon, my uncle taught me all the types, and weakness' and everything he knew about Pokemon. I was proud to say he was my uncle. And a few years from now, I'll be battling along side him as Elites.

Since I had to get my first badge at the first gym, I had to make my way all the way back to Pewter. It wasn't much of a journey, but with only one Pokemon...it was going to be tough. With out even realizing it my Uncle had registered me a starter Pokemon of his choice, him saying that, "Having a grass and fire type on one team will give you a strong advantage against other trainers." I really couldn't go wrong with what he was saying so I just went with it. And now, in the palm of my hands I have a Poke-Ball that contains a Bulbasour. I wasn't planning on being too creative with a nickname for him, so it's just Bulbie.

I grabbed my bag and put my journal inside, then checked it, making sure I had everything before I left. I tied up my black boots and smiled at my uncle. My parents used to live in the islands, but when I was born they had work to do and they left me with my Uncle. A few weeks after dropping me there was an earthquake at the islands and my parents died, ultimately leaving my Uncle responsible for me.

Uncle Koga smiled back, and reminded me of a few things about battles. I just laughed it off and gave him a hug. "I'll be sure to see you soon."

He patted my back and handed me a box. "When you reach Pewter give this to Nurse Joy. Just something I need to pass on."

I nodded, sliding the box into my backpack. I walked out of his small house behind the Indigo Plateau Elite Four building, waving goodbye to my Uncle, and starting my journey to victory.

[Pokemon]

I started my walk down Route 22, knowing it like the back of my hand. I've been all over Kanto about two hundred times. Uncle Koga has had to go to meetings with other Gym Leaders, and I'm positive he has a thing for Pewter Nurse Joy, making me deliver her packages often. At least I knew where I was going, without a map. I smiled to myself, knowing I had a sense of superiority to the other trainers. I was also glad I traveled alone. No one to bother me, and no one to see my weakness'.

I continued walking. In the shadows of the trees around me I saw something move. I stopped to see if anything was there. Nothing. I brushed it off and continued walking. I saw something move again, but this time it was closer. I grabbed a Poke-Ball out of my pack, hoping it was Bulbie, I could train him before I got into an actual battle. I released him. "You see anything?" I asked.

"Bulba..." He shook his head in reply.

"Stay out here with me..." Bulbie walked over to my side, and we started to walk again.

He stopped, probably hearing something I didn't. I hadn't properly figured out what he could do yet, so I was hoping it was something like a little Caterpie. I looked in the direction my Bulbasour was. I smiled, knowing this was something easy.

The Caterpie inched out getting ready to battle me, but before it could make a move I shouted at Bulbie, "tackle!" Bulbie hopped up into the air and pounced right onto the Caterpie, making it faint.

I sighed in relief and knelt onto the ground. "Good work Bulbie. This is going to work out just fine." I patted his head and retrieved him into his Poke-Ball. I smiled at myself and continued to Pewter.

[Pokemon]

I entered Viridian City and smiled. I loved visiting here. My first stop was the Pokemon Center, just to check and make sure that my Bulbasour was alright, even though I was extremely confident that he was. I walked the streets, making my way to the Center, smiling at all the familiar faces.

The doors of the Pokemon Center moved open and I walked in, smiling at Nurse Joy.

"Hey Kari. Welcome back! What can I do for you today?" Her red hair bounced as she talked.

"Hey! I just needed you to check my Bulbasour...I don't think anything major happened, just needs a rest, I suppose." I released him onto the counter.

"Bulba!" He jumped at the sight of Nurse Joy.

She pet him and smiled. "He seems just fine. Anything else?"

I took him back into my arms. "Oh...hmm, no I don't think so. Oh, is Viridian Gym open yet?"

"Oh no...they haven't been able to recover from the last trainer. Just about burnt the place down."

"Really? I guess I'll have to start at Pewter as planned." I was intrigued. "Who was it?"

"No idea...they won the badge though. I'm not sure if they made it to Koga yet..." She shrugged and looked past me, a few people walking in behind me. "Welcome to the Viridian City Pokemon Center!" She waved and smiled.

I returned my Bulbasour into his Poke-Ball and turned around to see a strange looking guy with ruffled hair and a girl, looking only a few years younger then me holding a Pokemon in tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay(:
Pokemon story!
You like?