Entering The World Of Pokemon

Kris- Pewter City Gym

“Impressive.” I murmured as Kari won. If she could beat Brock with her Growlithe and Bulbasaur, then I was pretty confident in my own abilities. I waited until Brock had healed his own Pokemon.

“Another challenger already?” He questioned and I nodded. “Well, it sure looks like you know what you’re doing. Now, prove it, two Pokemon each ” Again, he pulled out his Geodude. But I was ready.

“Let’s go Hoshi ” My Staryu came out of its pokeball, utter it’s “hy-ah” cry.

“Geodude, use rock throw!”

“Hoshi, dodge with tackle and use water gun!” I said, and Hoshi did. The Geodude was shaken, so I took my chance. As it prepared another rock throw Hoshi shot another spout of water. This time the Geodude fell to the ground, unconscious. “Wooh!” I let out, smiling. All of that training really paid off.

“Geodude is unable to battle, Staryu wins!” The referee announced.

“Very nice. But, do you think you can handle my Onix?” He asked as he threw the pokeball.

“Let’s go Torrent!” My Squirtle came out of its ball, ready for a fight.

“Onix, use tackle!”

“Torrent, dodge!” Torrent jumped out of the way just in the nick of time, only being brushed by the Onix’s tackle. Torrent fell, but jumped as soon as he could.

“Squirtle.” It cried, looking kind of frustrated.

“Hey, don’t worry about it.” I told him. “Now, use water gun!” Torrent was about to use it when the Onyx popped out from under him. “Use the air to your advantage!”

Torrent did half a flip, pointing his head towards the Onix and using water gun. It wasn’t nearly as powerful as Hoshi’s, but it did the trick. The Onix backed off a bit, and I had Torrent use water gun two more times, causing the Onix to faint.

“Onix is unable to battle. Squirtle wins!”

“Go Torrent!” I said, giving my Pokemon a hug. Brock walked to me, smiling. “You did well kid. I am here to award you the Boulder Badge.”

“Thanks.” I nodded, before leaving to heal my Pokemon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, love, subscribe. My mantra. :D