Entering The World Of Pokemon

Ari - Pewter City

I looked at the group expectantly as they thought about letting me join them. I didn't like to travel alone. I mean, sure I had Kimi, but sometimes I liked to have human friends as well. Plus, with my dad being the head of an evil corporation, it couldn't hurt to have friends who'd help me in a second.

"I vote yes," Said the girl named Star.

"Yes as well," said Koga's niece.

"I don't see why not," Said the Kris boy.

"Welcome to the team," Leo said, smiling as he held out his hand for me to shake. I took it with a grin. Kimi even greeted the four with a good attitude.

"I really appreciate you guys letting me join you."

"No problem," remarked Leo. I could tell I was either going to like this boy or get really annoyed with him. I hoped it was the first one. I turned back to Kari and nodded.

"I take it that you lead this little group." She glared, but nodded. "You may have some competition."

Leo, Star, Kris, and I laughed, but Kari didn't. I dropped the joke as Kimi tugged on my pant leg. "Cue," he whined. I nodded.

"You guys hungry? I'm buying." The four hungry faces and we grinned and headed toward a restaurant.

[Pokemon]

After we ate, we came outside and sat down on the benches. Kari was busy explaining something to Star- and when she failed, Kris joined in. I went over to the boy in the corner, trying to stay in the street lights.

"You know," I said as I approached Leo. "I was afraid of the dark when I was younger. Actually when I was twelve. You know how I got over it?"

"How?" He asked, slightly interested.

"Whenever I would go into the dark, I would think about my family and all the good things in my life?"

"Did it work?"

"Not right away, no. After time, I started to get used to trusting the dark and I got over it. That, and I'd focus on the stars and the moon. It helped a lot." The kid smiled up at me- the real kind of smile.

"Thanks, Ari."

"No problem."

"C'mon team," Kari said, calling us all to attention. "Let's head back to the Poke Center and we'll head out in the morning."

"Sounds like I plan." I smiled and finally realized how tired I was. Being a pokemon trainer was more exhausting than you think.