Entering The World Of Pokemon

Star- Virdian Forest

I glanced at the others, suddenly nervous. I didn't feel like the leader of this group or, that I had the right to make any decisions. Actually, I didn't even know if we were a group. Sora, my Pidgey, fluttered his wings, not looking very pleased.

"I'll don't really mind." I put in softly, I was starting to like these two. I shot a glance over at the boy Leo who shrugged.

"I don't care either, I'd like to try battling anywhere. Kari, what do you think?"

Kari seemed hesitant, "Like I told you, I'd rather travel alone but, I guess since we already have a group here, one more wouldn't hurt."
She was looking him up and down, as if studying him. Kris was smiling some.

"Great, should we move on then?"

We all were in a silent agreement as both Leo and Kari started walking on. I looked at Kris, giving him a small smile and a shrug before moving to follow. Sora took this time to stretch his wings and fly above us, gliding silently. I chuckled to myself. He didn't ever like crowds, not that I really was complaining. My best Contest pokemon was Flare. I had never entered one with Char yet, but I'd only been in two very simple ones. Maybe Pewter would have a contest to enter. I let my gaze wonder to our surroundings, absent-mindedly asking,

"So, what sort of trainers are you? Like, what type of pokemon do you prefer and stuff. I'm a Contest Trainer"

Kris was the first to answer, "Well, I train mainly Water and Ice types. My Pysduck has already been a bit of a problem though, and I haven't had her long." He rubbed the back of his head, looking down at the yellow duck-like pokemon that walked ahead of him.

"You don't really need to know what I train. It'll be more of a surprise then when we battle." Leo answered simply. I tried not to snicker at this, finding it funny that he'd think I'd want to battle him.

"I don't really battle" I told him.

"That sounds pretty boring to me. I enjoy battling." Kari commented. "I don't really have much of a preference on Pokemon types. I was thinking on specializing in Dark-types though."

And once the conversation got started, we continued our bit of small talk as we walked. I was more eager than ever for this journey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? On all the chapters? :)