‹ Prequel: Remenissions
Status: i'm back! (:

My Life For Hire

"Who the *** did you bring home?"

"Uhm, Daddy, I need to go back home."
"Why?" That seemed to be his question of the day.
I licked over my lips - another habit I'd inherited from him. "Uh, well, you know when you and Kari got in that fight when I was eight?" He nodded. "And you guys made sweet love all night?" He blushed, but nodded anyway. "You, uh, yeah, I don't know how to tell you this."
"I have another kid?" he asked bluntly. I simply nodded in reply. "Damnit," he mumbled.
"Can we go get him now?"
"Him? I have a boy?"
I smiled. "Yeah. Aiden Zachary Baker. She kept your last name."
He beamed. "I like that name. So, he's around seven, right?"
"Yup," I said, popping the 'p'. "Turns eight on December 11."
"And he even has my birthday. Let's go, I want to meet him."
Daddy found somebody outside and told him we needed a car. He gave Daddy keys and led us to a small silver Honda Accord.
"Alright, so where are we going?" Daddy asked once we were sitting in the car.
"I'm not good with street names, but get onto Hersheypark Drive." He did as I said, stopping at a red light. "Alright, turn left up here past the Giant Center." I continued giving him directions until we were parked outside the small two story home I'd grown to hate. I got out and he followed me to the front door, which I threw open to reveal Kari and Ross making out on the couch. Upon my entrance, Kari instantly shot up and ran to me, throwing her arms around me.
"Get off me, you whore. Go back to sucking face with your leech over there," I spat. My mouth was definitely going to get me in trouble one day.
"What the hell, Adele? Who the fuck did you bring home?" she asked, squinting at the figure behind me. The realization of who it was hit her like a train. She stumbled back a bit. "Z-zack? What are you doing here?"
I looked back at my father. His eyes held the same expression as mine - anger. "Addie here came to see me. She was oh-so-kind as to tell me that I happen to have a son. I'm here to see him. Maybe take him with me."
"You can't do that! He's mine!"
"We'll see about that," he retorted. I smirked, grabbing his arm and pulling him up the steps and to the door opposite my bedroom, where I knew Aiden would be. He was on his bed, listening to some Disturbed on my old MP3 player. I assumed that him and Kari had just gotten into a fight, because the music was turned up loud enough that I could clearly make out the words David was singing.
"Aiden?" I called gently. He looked at me, then at Daddy. His eyes widened and he instantly threw the headphones on the ground.
"Addie! You came back! And you brought Daddy!"
Daddy laughed and ruffled his hair. "Hi there, buddy."
Aiden shot up and wrapped his little arms around Daddy. "Daddy," he mumbled into his shirt. Daddy leaned down to hug him.
"So, uh, now what?" Aiden asked as he pulled away.
"You're coming with us," Daddy replied.
I smiled. This was the right kind of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit guys, four stars already? I love you. <3<3
I'd love a comment, just one, it's all I'm asking for. Please?