Him & Her

Death

“I’ve been waiting for this moment all my life!” she whispered.

It was almost the end of summer, therefore, there was a cool breeze which accompanied the usual heat of this season. The branches of the trees rustled quietly, accompanying the soft murmur of the lake in which was reflected the full moon that was present that night. Although, what Tyler preferred most in this scenery was the beautiful lady standing under an oak tree.

Tyler was in awe in the face of her beauty; her magnificent black hair which emphasized the paleness and purity of her face; her blood-red lips which drew him closer each time he laid eyes on them; and her sublime almond-shaped eyes, which were gazing deeply into his, made him lose control of all of his senses. Everything around him ceased to exist as he got
lost in the contemplation of this entrancing splendor facing him.

Slowly she came forward, still retaining his gaze. Tyler could feel an exciting warmth run up his arms and seek refuge into his cheeks. They were standing so close to one another now that Tyler had trouble breathing. This girl fascinated him but, at the same time, she intimidated him.

He finally found the courage to take her hand and hold it in his when he felt the coldness radiating from her. Her hands in his felt like ice. However, Tyler didn’t question her about it, too afraid to sever the connection that was growing between them.

She removed her hand from his and placed it on his neck as she ran her other hand gently in his smoothly curled hair. She brought her face even closer to his. Her eyes burned into his so that he couldn’t look away. While holding her against him, his hands placed delicately on her subtly curved hips, he realized he wasn’t breathing. He tried to calm down and regain control of himself. Slowly, he inhaled and the burning sensation in his chest departed.

Gently, she tilted her head to one side and came even closer. Tyler closed his eyes. He never wanted this moment to end. However, instead of feeling her gracious lips on his as he had expected, he felt them on his neck. Almost immediately he detected two extremely sharp extremities entering painfully the side of his throat. He cried out in pain. He had never felt such an intense pain before in his life, however he knew exactly what it meant.

He was dying ...