Him & Her

Hunger

He came. He took the step.

He walked towards the window and looked outside. The moon was entrancing. He could feel the bites on his neck start to throb, but he was so enthralled that he discarded it. His eyes glazed over and all of a sudden he felt a pain deep in his stomach. It was a strong, powerful pain. Something was missing. He wanted something … no he NEEDED something. He let out a groan and clutched his stomach.

“Looks like it’s hunting time”, she said with a smirk on her face.

“What?” asked Tyler unable to say anything else, too occupied in trying to deal with the pain that was slowly gnawing away at his insides.

She just laughed and gestured for him to follow her. She exited the room, gliding more than walking, and although her movements were slow, she covered a large distance in a small period of time. And strangely, while doing so, she didn’t make a sound. Tyler realized this and thought that it was strange since when she had entered the room, her heels had made sound on the ground. He quickly forgot his suspicions as he was overwhelmed by a new wave of pain. He struggled to keep up with her pace as she seemed to distance him a little more each step. He was walking as fast as he could, almost running, with one hand
clutching his stomach and the other was swinging rapidly at his side, trying to maintain his balance.

“Can … we … stop … just … for … a … minute? Please!” he panted.

He felt like he was going to pass out. Whether from the pain, dehydration or heart attack he didn’t know though. “Whichever one gets me first” he thought. However, Tyler never found out which one would have gotten him first because his ‘guide’ had come to an abrupt stop in front of a door. Above it there was a sign that said; Creatures of the Night. Once again, she gesture to Tyler to follow her, which is what he did. She approached the door and it opened on its own. She stepped inside, with Tyler close behind. He looked around, it was a night club! She chuckled at his facial expression; a mixture of confusion and amazement.

In the club, there was a gloomy atmosphere. The lights were very dim, which added to the ambiance of it all. Placed against the walls were dining tables and almost every one of them was occupied. In the center of the room, there was a dance floor. Eerie music was playing and a few couples were swaying slowly in rhythm. Everyone’s skin was a pasty white and their eyes were rimmed with red, which contrasted with their skin color. Everyone looked miserable. Each person in this room looked lost in thought, as they stared off into space. Most of them had cuts on their arms or faces. These people seemed so alike to one another. Also, something else they had in common was their make-up. Everyone, without exception, had dark and heavy make-up on; thick lines of eyeliner under and above the eyes and the lipstick (for the women) was different shades of crimson or purple. It was depressing.

Tyler turned to look at the woman who had taken him here. Once again he was taken aback by her beauty but he managed to focus on the present rather than engage in her contemplation. Once was enough and he had paid the price for it.

“What are we doing here?” he asked trying to sound confident and miserably failing.

“Choosing your first meal”, she answered coyly.

He wasn’t able to ask anything more since she had disappeared. Vanished into thin air. He looked around the room nervously, wondering what he was to do now when he spotted her in one of the corners in the far-end of the room. She was talking to a young man, playing suggestively with one of the buttons on his shirt. Tyler felt overcome by a feeling of jealousy.

He stomped over to them, ignoring the pain that was still burning a hole inside him. When he reached the table, she had already placed her mouth on the man’s neck. Tyler blushed and hesitated about what to do next and when he had decided to leave, she lifted her head and looked up at him. To his horror her lips were smothered with blood. The same blood that was running down from a gaping hole in the young man’s neck. He was frozen in place, unable to move a muscle, his eyes wide open. He was looking at the blood-sucking thing in front of him but he couldn’t see her anymore. He was replaying over and over again what he had just seen; the beautiful woman’s face covered in blood, the man with his throat almost ripped in half …

Suddenly, all these visions stopped being visions of horror. They were awakening something inside of him. He looked down at the man again and felt a craving deep inside, as if it was calling to him. In his mind he was battling whether to run away from it all or to come forward and satisfy his hunger.

Seeing as he wasn’t moving, the lady … woman … thing … walked over to him and placed a blood-soaked finger on his lips. The smell of the crimson liquid seeped into his nose, overwhelming his senses. He couldn’t resist anymore. There was no point in fighting it, he knew he had lost since the beginning.

He engulfed her finger in his mouth and licked away all the blood. Still warm. It flowed down his throat and made him tingle all over. When the sensation came to an end, he came closer to the man, where blood was still flowing, but there was less now. He leaned in, getting closer to the bloody hole and placed his mouth on it. He started sucking on it, forcing the blood to evict it’s host’s body and enter his mouth. He swallowed many large gulps until he felt a hand pull him slowly, but surely, of the victim.

He turned around and he saw the woman who had been there all along, although he had forgotten her, too wrapped up in the wonderful feeling the liquid gave him.

“That’s enough now, darling”, she said in a motherly tone

Tyler ignored her and continued absorbing the warm, crimson fluid trying desperately to quench his thirst. That is, until he felt an invisible force pull him away from the corpse. He stumbled backwards and glared at her, knowing that it was her doing.

“I want more!” he declared in a low growl.

She only smirked and said, “Here endeth the lesson”.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to update but i was SURE that i had already posted this chapter

=D hehe im a scatter-brain

hope you enjoyed it!! comments please!! XD