‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Dean -Point of View-

I was helping out Chase and Fred decorate the hall we rented out for the reception. It was four AM and the wedding was in eight hours. I was really happy for Geoff and Shaun; they were finally getting married. As we put the finishing touches, I looked around. The place was coming along great.

Once everything was in place, the doors to the hall opened and in walked in the soon-to-be-married couple. I smiled at them as they came toward us. "You guys did an excellent job on this," Geoff said, looking around at everything.

"Thanks!" Fred and Chase said in unison. I nodded and walked over to them. I hugged them both.

"I'm happy for you guys," I said, my smile never faltering. Shaun looked like he was about to cry.

"I can't believe this is actually happening," he whispered, looking at each of us, landing lastly on his partner. Shaun wrapped his arms around Geoff's neck, causing Geoff to wrap his arms around Shaun's waist.

As I watched them, I remembered when that was Chase and I. It was the greatest day of our life, knowing that we'd soon be married to one another. I walked outside, giving time to the two lovebirds. Chase and Fred soon followed. "Thanks for helping us out with this, Dean," Chase said, grabbing my hands and smiling at me.

"You're welcome, love," I said, smiling down at him. "I'd do anything to help you out -- and make sure that Geoff and Shaun have a good day." Chase nodded and stood up on his tip-toes and kissed me. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his waist. This is what I loved most -- holding the love of my life in my arms. No matter what shit happens between us, we always make it through, knowing that every day is another step towards a happy life.

Time Elapse

The wedding was going to be taking place in just a matter of minutes, and everyone was hustling around to get ready and in place. As couples -- aside from Geoff and Shaun, of course -- made sure one another was perfect, we all headed into the chapel and took our places. Geoff asked Chase and I to be his best men, and we gladly accepted.

When everyone was in their places, I caught Geoff's eye and winked at him. Close friends of everyone came in, and I gasped when I saw the one man who was as close to me as Geoff. Will hasn't been to the States in ten years, and seeing him now was shocking. Geoff looked at him and smiled, having known Will just as long as myself.

"He actually came," Geoff whispered, looking at me. "I invited and he said there was a high chance of him not being able to make it."

"Good things happen all the time," I whispered back. "You just got to wait for them." When I said that, I looked over at Chase who was smiling warmly at me.

The preacher came in, and soon after that, Shaun made his appearance. Boy, he could clean up good when he had to.

Once Shaun was in his place next to his partner, the ceremony started. The preacher did his thing and when it came to the exchanging of vows, I smiled. I watched the couple before me face each other, taking their hands in one another's.

"Shaun, before I met you, I was alone; Going day by day in a daze. I was hooked up once before and the whole thing exploded before my eyes. When Dean called me up that day and told me he had someone for me, I was scared shitless, but because I knew I could trust Dean with whatever he had planned, I decided to take the chance." Geoff paused and took a breath, closing his eyes for a brief moment. When he opened his eyes, he continued. "Shaun, never in my life have I ever been this happy. You are my world --the sun, the air, the very earth I walk upon. I love you with every beat of my heart and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you as my partner ... my friend ... and my husband."

I saw the tears well up in Geoff's eyes towards the end, knowing that he meant every word that came from his mouth. If Geoff was anything, he was an honest man with a heart of gold, never hurting anyone unless he had a legitimate reason to -- like when I hit Chase. I saw Shaun take a deep breath before he spoke, knowing that he was nervous. I grabbed his shoulder for a moment, giving him a reassuring squeeze, knowing that he wasn't the only one who felt this way. I, too, was nervous on my big day.

"Geoff, when I met you, I thought this would be nothing but a one night stand. I soon realized that I was wrong. You've taken my heart and made it your own. When we sleep at night, I can hear our hearts beating as one -- our breathing in perfect sync." Though I couldn't see it, I knew Shaun had a loving smile on his face. I knew this because Geoff was mirroring it. " I love you with all my heart, Geoff -- every last beat. I grow more and more in love with you as every day passes. I want a family with you ... a house ... a life. I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side because with you, I know anything is possible."

Once everything was done, they kissed, causing everyone in the room to stand and cheer. Chase was the first to wrap his arms around both of them, planting a kiss on both their cheeks.