‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Dean -Point of View-

As Chase and I were relaxing on the couch in the game room, he and I were watching Brokeback Mountain. We were so engrossed in the movie that we didn't even notice the newly-married couple walk in. The movie then paused and I looked up, as well did Chase. "Yes?" I asked, looking at Shaun and Geoff.

"I've got news. Shaun doesn't even know about this yet," Geoff said, his Irish accent filling the room. I motioned him to continue, and he nodded. "I'm planning a trip to Dublin. I'm leaving tonight," he said, looking at all three of us individually.

"What? And leave me here?!" Shaun exclaimed. "I see how it is."

"Isn't tomorrow the--" Chase started, but Geoff cut him off.

"Thing is, I was planning it before Shaun and I married. It's for our honeymoon," he said, looking at Shaun, who stared at Geoff in shock. "The reason I'm doing it now, is because tomorrow night is the solstice and it's a night I hold very close to my heart."

"Why?" Shaun and I asked at the same time. I then remembered why.

"It's the night when the dead walk among the living," Geoff replied, looking down.

"That's so awesome!" Shaun squealed. Geoff nodded and then looked at me.

"You think you can control yourself while Shaun and I are gone for a month?" Geoff asked, not taking his eyes off of me.

"Probably not, but I'll try my hardest. Plus, I got Will to help me out as well as Chase here. So don't worry about anything here. You two just enjoy your time together away from the gang, okay?" I said, smiling at the two of them. They both nodded and walked out of the room.

"Now back to the movie!" Chase said, grabbing the remote and pressing play.

Time Elapse

Everyone was at the airport, saying their good-byes to the couple. "Have fun!" Chase said, hugging both Geoff and Shaun. As everyone got their hugs or handshakes out of the way, we all watched as the couple walked to the door in which they would be exiting.

"It's going to be so weird not having them around for a month," Fred said, clinging himself to Jackson. Everyone mumbled their agreements and started heading for the exit to the parking lot. Only Will and I stood there, watching our best friend heading out.

Geoff turned towards us, smiled weakly, and raised his hand. We raised our hands in response. I glanced over at Will, who's face was pained. He hated being parted from us. Even though he still had me, it wasn't the same without Geoff. We were a tight-knit group.

I wrapped my arm around Will's shoulders and turned us around. As we headed for the group, and it was then I saw a person I really hoped I'd never see again. My last girlfriend, Ginger.