‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Quintin -Point of View-

Everyone had left the house early that afternoon,leaving William and I alone to do whatever we pleased. About two hours after everyone had left,William was out back swimming in the pool as I sat in the living room. I had become addicted to a T.V show called Glee which Dean had so kindly recorded for me the night before so I was absorbed into it at that moment,curled up with my blanket on my favorite spot in the couch.

I was in the middle of fast forwarding through a commercial when I heard someone bang on the front door,grumbling,I paused where I was and wrapped the blanket around me tighter and made my way to the door,walking much like a penguin would. Since I couldn't see who was at the door,I unlocked it and opened it only to be shoved back and the door pushed open the rest of the way. I looked up from the floor and found myself staring at my worst nightmare --Anthony.

"Wh-What are you doing here?!" I squeaked,unable to find my voice as I tried to unwrap myself from the blanket and run towards the back where William was. I watched a smirk cross Anthony's face as he closed the door behind him and started towards me.

"Why do you think I'm here Quintin?" He asked,reaching down and grabbing me by the collar of my shirt,lifting me up and slamming me into a wall,causing me to cry out in pain. "You've caused me a lot of problems Quintin..You know I hate problems" he said,lifting me up higher.

"Anthony please..please let me go" I cried,trying to pull his hands away from me "I left the country so this wouldn't happen..please Anthony just let me go" I begged,tears streaming down my face.

I watched a look of pure anger spread across his face and it was then that I knew--I just might not live this time--I was about to scream for William when Anthony grabbed me with both hands and threw over the couch,causing me to smash into the flat screen TV and then the glass coffee table.

I heard Anthony's feet crunching the glass as he walked over to me "Such a shame Quintin..I actually liked you ya know" he said as he picked me up again,staring me in the eyes "But you had to go and cause problems instead of just keeping your mouth shut like I told you" he tsked before throwing me towards the kitchen.

I screamed as the shards of glass that were already in my body got pushed even deeper into my skin as I slid across the tile floor,streaks of blood marking when I slid,I held back a cry of pain when I slammed into the counter. My only thoughts at that point--as Anthony came towards me again--were please..Don't let William come in