‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Will

As I was doing my lap, I heard a muffled knocking, and supposed Quintin had gotten it, so I didn't worry. Yet, at the moment, something seemed to be tearing at me in my heart, as if something were wrong. I swam to the other side of the pool, grabbed my towel, and picked up my phone.

I found Dean's number, and pressed dial. He answered on the third ring. "Hey, man."

"Hey, Dean. I'm feeling as if something may be wrong. Like something is putting fear into my heart and I'm freaking out," I said, staring at the pool. I heard Dean curse under his breath.

"Where's Quintin?" he asked, a little alarmed.

"Inside. I am assuming watching tv," I said, running the towel over my head.

"Get inside! Now! I know that feeling. Chase was in trouble when I got it. Quintin may be in trouble. Chase, I and the kids will be home in about five," Dean replied, and I heard the car tires squeal from his end.

I hung up the phone, jumped up from where I was sitting and headed in. I hear a muffle cry and then a deeper voice cursing. I grabbed the nearest thing, which just happened to be the guitar, and headed for the lounge. Dean was going to kill me for the guitar, and Chase will be on a damn rampage, doing everything in his ability to kill me if anything happens to Quintin.

Throwing my towel and phone aside, I saw a man at least a foot taller than me stalking over to a very bloodied Quintin. I am so dead when Chase gets home, I thought, but at the moment, I didn't care. I grabbed the neck of the guitar with both hands and swung, the guitar busting into pieces when it met with the guys head.

He turned around, and the anger flooding through me only intensifying. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" the guy said, a smile crossing his face. He started towards me, but I stood my ground.

"Will, please. Don't. He's too strong," I heard Quintin cry out, but I paid no heed to the warning.

"What gives you the right to come into my home and lay a hand on my boyfriend?" I spat, the anger never ceasing. The guy raised an eyebrow before lifting his arm up and throwing a fist towards my face.

Before I could react, I saw a hand come between his fist and my face, stopping the progress. It was Chase; his eyes were burning with such anger, it was causing the guy to falter a bit. "What. Have. You. Done?" he whispered, acid dripping from every word.

"Chase! I got it from here," Dean called out, coming in the room. I shook my head and stopped him. He looked at me as if I were crazy before looking at Chase who had just punched the guy so hard he fell to the floor like a a lightning-struck tree in the forest.

"I think Chase is angry enough to take care of him. Come on, let's get Quintin to the hospital fast," I said, walking around the fight and jogging for Quin.

"Help me," he whispered, blood pooling around him like water coming out of a faucet. "Please.."

"Shh. Don't talk, we're going to get you to the hospital. Just stay calm," I said, picking him up gingerly and carefully, yet quickly, walking out of the house. Getting in the car as easily as possible, I held Quintin in my arms. "Everything will be okay, love. Everything will be fine."

Dean gave the twins to Hunter, who had just pulled up and told him what was going on. Hunter nodded and the girls clung to him like he was a magnet. Getting in the car, Dean turned it on and sped out of the drive way faster than the speed of light, never stopping until we reached our destination.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been FOREVER! But I decided I really need to get back on this story. I think it is about time we got this storyline done with. xD