‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Dean -Point of View-

I walked over to Geoff and leaned down next to his ear. "Hey, look over there. Think we might have yet another couple?" I whispered, pointing out Quintin and Will. Geoff looked over at the two, watching them as they chatted it up. Geoff smiled, getting my drift. Since Will was one the wittiest people we knew, we decided to fuck with him.

"I'll be back, Shaun. Dean and I have something to take care of right quick," Geoff said, standing up. We walked casually around, acting like we were talking to the people who came before running over to Will.

Once we were close enough to him, we screamed, "GET IT!" and slapped the back of his head before running out the from doors of the reception hall. A moment later, Will screamed back.

"At least I can get it!" he yelled, causing us to run back in and charge on him. He stood his ground and seconds later, we were all on the floor, laughing. I looked up and saw Quintin laughing to himself. "Get off me, guys!" Will said, trying to break free from the weight of Geoff and I. We stood up and helped Will up, helping him dust off any dirt.

Chase soon came over, looking at me as if I just did the worst thing ever. "What?" I asked, looking at him and tilting my head.

"You three are fucking children sometimes," he said, crossing his arms and putting all his weight on his right foot. "I never expected something like this -- especially from you Geoff. Seeing how this is your wedding day."

Shaun walked up behind Geoff and wrapped his arms around his waist. "Don't be hard on them, Chase. You take care of Dean, I've got my own plans for Geoff," Shaun said, winking at Chase.

"What are we going to do about Will, though?" Chase asked, raising an eyebrow at Shaun.

"Since when did I, like, vanish? I thought was still here," Will said, touching random spots on his body. "Wait. Am I still here?"

"We'll deal with Will later," I replied to Chase, causing his attention to land on me. "Right now, let's just enjoy the reception."

"Hello? Can any of you hear me?" Will said, still not getting any attention. "I'm still here!" Everyone dispersed and went to do their own thing while Chase and I walked over to a private corner.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and smiled down at him. "Why are you acting so childish on Geoff and Shaun's biggest day?" he asked, looking up at me.

"Because he wants to be super memorable. And stuff like this isn't easily forgotten," I replied, causing Chase to smile. "Plus, we haven't seen Will in ten years and we absolutely had to do something about him hitting it off rather well with Quintin." Chase nodded, looking over at Quintin and Will, who were still talking ... still laughing. "Ease up a bit, Chase. The hardest part is over, now it's time to just kick back and have fun."

Chase looked back at me and smiled, pressing his lips tenderly to mine. We pulled apart and joined the rest of the crowd.

Time Elapse

I walked up to the front of the crowd, everyone's gaze landing on me. When everything went quiet, I cleared my throat. "I want to sing this song for the new married couple. Chase, care to help me out?" Chase nodded and walked up to stand beside me. Once the song started, the crowd started swaying a bit -- even though it was song with a beat.

"Looking back on a photo album of my life
It's the little things that make us smile
(That, that, that, that make us smile)

Like the very first time that you discovered true love
It's a feeling you can't describe
But it always stays on your mind

Or the first time you hear a song on the radio
that gives you goose bumps all over from head to toe
Or the time you stayed up all night talking on the phone and you looked up
And realize he's staring
At the same star as you

'Cause that's what gets me sentimental (Sentimental)
That's what life is all about (Yeah, Yeah)
That's what gets me all emotional
More than all the things I can do without
'Cause I figured out, these are the moments that matter, matter

And I figured out, that these are the moments that mean the most to me
'Cause I know I got friends, trust, family, and love
All around me that should be enough
And I figured out these are the moments that matter to me.
"

As we continued to sing, the crowd started clapping along with the beat. I smiled as Chase got off stage and pulled me down with him. We sang and started dancing, causing everyone else to dance.

The song came to an end, and everyone started cheering -- including Chase and I. As I bent down to to give Chase a quick peck on the lips, I looked past him and saw Will and Quintin kissing as if they've been together for years. I smiled again, my lips finally pressing down against my lover's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Moments That Matter
Credit goes to: Corbin Bleu