‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Quintin -Point of View-

I was leaning against the wall -- one that was actually clean -- watching everyone talk. I sighed, smiling at Will when he looked at me. His smile quickly faded and was replaced by worry. I quickly learned why; I felt something warm drip down my lip, causing me to gasp and run for the bathroom. When I reached the bathroom, my shirt was already soaked with blood. "Bloody hell!" I cursed as I tore my shirt off and grabbed paper towels to hold to my nose, leaning my head back.

I heard the door open behind me, causing me to turn around and face the newcomer who turned out to be Will and Chase. Will walked over to me quickly. "Are you alright?" he asked worriedly. I shot Chase a glare who only shook his head. I looked at will and gave a nod.

"I'll be fine. Just a nose bleed," I smiled. Once the bleeding had stopped, I cleaned my face and took a breath. I was starting to hate these nose bleeds -- they came out of nowhere.

"Quin, are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Chase asked me, walking up to me, worry written all over his face. I knew what he was thinking. I smiled at my friend and nodded my head.

"I'll be fine. Come on, let's join the family." I smiled and walked out with them before going over to the wall and standing. Will kept gazing over at me -- as though waiting for something to happen. It shocked me how caring this man was -- having known me less than twenty-four hours. It was new to me -- I was used to abuse and denigration that Anthony set on me daily, the love we had became lost in the booze and vodka that man drank. -- blaming it on me. I let my thoughts wander to that horrible day.

Eight Months Before

Anthony had left the house for some reason -- what that reason was I really didn't care. While I waited, I had gotten on the computer to talk with some of my friends. I heard the door open to the bedroom and that was what I last remembered until I had awoken in the hospital.

My back still carried the scars of what he did to me. I later found out that he had knocked me out before stabbing me and burning me with hot oil..if it hadn't been for my neighbor finding me..I knew I'd be dead.

Current Time


I shook my head, bringing myself back. I removed myself from the wall and walked to Will, wrapping my arms around him. I rested my head on his chest. When his arms wrapped around me, I knew I was safe. That this man wouldn't hurt me like Anthony did.

I was scared...even though Will and I had a little--make out session-- I was still frightened of what could happen..I know how easily a man can change from one personality to another..I was starting to really care for Will and that---that alone was scaring me more then anything...my only thought was..what will he think of me if he finds out? If he sees these horrible scars that lay upon me?