‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Dean -Point of View-

Everyone was back at the house, dispersed everywhere. Some were in the game room, some by the pools, some in various rooms doing their thing. Right now, Chase and I were hanging out with Fred, Jackson, Will and Quintin in the entertainment room, taking turns with each other on DDR. "Fred and me next!" Chase said, jumping off the couch as Jackson and Will came to an end.

"NO! You always beat me!" Fred said, glaring at Chase who was just grinning broadly. Fred stood up and went to the mat, and Chase walked up to the other one. "No, Chase, not this time. I think I want to see how good Dean is," Fred said, looking at me. I have never played it, seeing how I was loosing foot speed, and knowing Freddy, he'd pick the fastest one on the game.

"I think I'll pass on this, Freddy," I said, a smile on my face as I waved off the offer. Fred got a determined look on his face and then stormed over to me. I looked up at him, raising an eyebrow.

"To the mat," Fred said, pointing to the mat Chase was standing by. "Now." He then grabbed my arm and pulled me off the couch, pulling me towards the game. I groaned as I took my place, waiting for Fred to set it up.

As I figured, he chose the fastest song. I glared at him and he just had a smirk on his face. I took a few deep breaths, watching the screen carefully. The music started and the arrows started to come up. So far, I was doing okay. It was when they started to pick up I started to have a small panic attack.

I let my mind wander, knowing if I concentrated too much, I'd mess up for sure. I didn't think about much, just how life has turned out in the last few years. I vaguely was aware of the others coming in, witnessing me playing a game that I always refused to play. After the music came to an end, my mind came back to the current time, and I looked at Fred. His face was one of utter disbelief, causing me to look at him in confusion.

"I can't believe it. You beat me," he said, his breathing coming in pants. "You actually beat me. How in the hell did you beat me?"

"I've learned from watching you guys play," I replied, shrugging. He threw his arms up, walking over and throwing himself on the couch. His head then flew up and his face became a smirk.

"Since Chase is the undefeated champion of the game, how about you go against him?" Fred asked, smiling evilly at me. I shook my head, knowing I would never be able to beat Chase.

"I already know the outcome, I'll pass," I said, looking down at Chase who wrapped his arms around my waist. He looked up at me, a smile playing at his lips.

"Come on, Dean. Just play to see if you're a suitable opponent for me," he said, kissing my lips tenderly. I gulped, letting him know I was giving in. No matter how many years we'll be together, he'll always have a power over me. Chase kissed me again, slowly -- tenderly. I groaned, causing people to cheer.

"Shut up," I said, glaring at everyone. I landed on Will who was moving his hand, making whipping noises. I laughed, shaking my hand. "You want to play, bring it on," I said, removing my shirt and throwing it to the ground. Chase also removed his shirt, looking over at me for a moment before setting up the game. He chose the same song Fred chose and smiled.

"It's been brought. Question is: Can you handle it when I hand your ass to you on a plate?" Chase said.

"Ask yourself the same question, boy. You're done for. You're winning streak ends now," I said as it started.