Status: Completed

I'd Drop A Beat For You

I'd Drop A Beat For You 01

Quack Quack
“Hello?” Pauly says into the duck phone.
“Hey babe, it’s me,” Sophia says.
“I was hoping you’d call,” Pauly adjusts his baseball hat and sits on the bean bag chair. His roommates shuffle around the house getting to go to the Boardwalk.
“How are you?”
“I’m good, works stressful but, what else is new. How’s the Shore?”
“Crazy. Ron and Sammie are ridiculous, they’ve both been bringing different people home and Sammie is so fucking jealous,”
“Babe, I wish we could talk more but I’ve got to go,”
“Alright, I’ll call you later,”
“Okay, bye,” Sophia hangs up the phone. Pauly shakes his head before getting off the bean bag chair.
“Hey, Pauly, why you got a ring in our room?” Vinny asks. He walks into the living room carrying a velvet box. He tosses it to Pauly.
“yeah man, what’s in there?” Ronnie asks.
“Oo diamonds!” Snookie yells.
“It’s just a ring,” Pauly says. He sits down on the couch, holding the ring box.
“Is it an engagement ring?” Jenni asks.
“Yeah,”
“Shut the fuck up!”
“What?”
“Why the hell did you bring it with?” Vinny asks.
“If I left it at home she would find it,”
“When are you gonna ask her?” Snookie asks.
“I don’t know. She hates the predictable proposals so it’s gotta be really good,”
“I’m so excited!”
“First of us to get married!” Snookie yells.
“Hopefully,” Vinny says.
“Shut up,”

Three days Later
Quack Quack
“Hello?”
“Hey Vin is Pauly there?”
“Yeah hold on.... Pauly phone!” Vinny yells.
“Comin! Who is it?” Pauly says. .
“You’re girl,” Vinny hands the phone to Pauly.
“Hey babe,”
“Hey,” she says.
“What’s wrong?”
“I um, I just,-
“Soph, just say it,”
“I can’t be in this relationship anymore.”
“What?”
“You heard me Paul,”
“No, I don’t think I did,”
“Paul,” She sniffles, “I can’t be in this relationship anymore. It’s just, I can’t. Before you jump to conclusions, it isn’t because you’re in Jersey and I’m in Manhattan. That isn’t it at all. I just, Pauly I can’t.”
“Soph, no, no no no. You can’t just-
“Pauly it’s over,” she hangs up.
In Manhattan, she sits on her sofa. She lets the tears fall as she cradles a pillow. Pictures of her and Pauly are scattered around the apartment. Three years of happiness are all over; a mockery of what she just ended. She can feel her heart breaking as she stares out at the New York skyline. Hours away, the love of her life sits in a house feeling the same heartbreak.
“Pauly! We’re going out,” Mike says. He walks into the bedroom and sees Pauly sitting on his bed. Engagement ring in hand, tears in his eyes. “Yo, Pauly what’s wrong?”
“Nothing,”
“Yo Vinny! We’ve got a situation!” Mike yells. Soon all of the roommates are sitting around Pauly, waiting for him to speak. He wipes his averted eyes.
“She broke up with me,” He says. The girls suck in their breath and the boys exchange glances.
“Dude that’s messed up,” Mike says.
“What a bitch,” Snookie says.
“I’m sorry man,” Vinny says.
“Did she at least say why?” Jenni asks.
“No, she said she couldn’t ‘be in this relationship anymore’. What the fuck does that mean?”
“Maybe she’s unhappy,” Jenni questions.
“She isn’t unhappy,” Pauly says with hardened eyes.
“How do you know? You’ve been gone for weeks,” Jenni says.
“But there are times when I’m gone for weeks and it’s hard, but we get through it. This makes no fucking sense at all,” Pauly stands up and starts pacing. “I’ve got to go home. I’ve got to talk to her.”
“Pauly, maybe you should sleep on it then decide,” Jenni says.
“I’m not going to let her fucking slip out of my hands,”
“dog, maybe you should just leave in the morning,” Mike adds.
“No, I’ve gotta go now,” He says. He slips on a pair of shoes and walks out of the room. He grabs his iPod, a bottle of water and keys to one of the SUV’s.
“Jenni, you should go with him,” Vinny says.
“Yeah, make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid,” Snookie adds.
“Okay, hey Pauly. I’m gonna ride with you,” She says.
“Suit yourself. It’s a long trip,” he walks out of the house, engagement ring in his pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are always appreciated