Status: Active...

Lies, Lies and Some More Lies

Do You Believe in Vampires?

My mom died May 26, 2009... ten years to the day of my fathers death. My younger sister and I managed to hide out for 4 months before the cops finally caught us. And now we've been shipped to Scotland to live with Aunt Dottie, Uncle Bob and our younger cousin Tony. I miss the boys...I miss Max...I miss Santa Carla. I hope I run into the Frogs or the Emerson boys sometime soon I got plenty of pent up rage to let out...and I wouldn't want to misplace my rage on someone fairly innocent.

"Ava, Cammie, Tony time to get up!" Aunt Dottie yelled up the stairs overly cheerful how could she possibly be this cheerful in the morning there was something wrong with it! A girl pulled her covers up over her head with a groan. Forget school sleep was way better than school. This is what happened when the last four months had been devoted to sleep all day party all night.

"Come on Ave get up up up!" A short girl exclaimed blond hair bouncing in her pigtails the door that connected the two rooms slammed against the wall.

"How did I get a sister who's a morning person?" Ava retorted as Cammie pulled at the blankets managing to dislodge them from Ava's head.

"Just that darn lucky come on!" Cammie replied with a grin Ava couldn't see but could damn well hear, little brat was enjoying this.

"You suck and I hate you." Ava snapped she shoved the blankets off and sat up.

"I know." Cammie said miserably turning to go back to her room. Ava grabbed Cammie wrapping her sister in a tight hug.

"I don't hate you kiddo I'm just cranky in the morning you know that." Ava whispered Cammie turned in the hug wrapping her arms around Ava as well.

"But the boys are dead-"

"That's not your fault don't you dare think it is." Cammie nodded Ava released her. "Now get out of here so I can get dressed." Cammie nodded going back into her room, Ava bit her lip guiltily. Here she was telling Cammie that it wasn't her fault and all the while she was blaming herself. Shaking her head she walked into her closet. Really the closet was the best part of her room as far as Ava was concerned a huge walk in with built in shelves and drawers for everything that didn't hang. And shoe racks...lots of shoe racks, all of which she and Aunt Dottie had filled thanks to a shopping spree. Picking out a pair of skinny jeans and a graphic tee with the 3OH!3 symbol she dressed quickly and turned to the shoe racks. Finally she decided on a black pair of converse boots.

"Ave?" Opening the closet door she looked at Tony zipping her boots up.

"What up Tony?" Ava asked walking out of her closet, Tony bit his lip looking a little nervous, poor kid had been having nightmares since they moved there.

"Do you believe in vampires?" Tony asked innocently enough Ava bit her cheek breath catching in her throat.

"No Tony vampires aren't real." She thought she would be physically ill as she spoke the words, she was a god damned liar. Ava decided, lying to Cammie never letting her know the Lost Boys secret, telling Tony vampires didn't exist, telling Aunt Dottie and Uncle Bob that she was fine. Tony looked absolutely dejected Ava sighed crouching to Tony's level. "But you know what I do believe in?"

"No what?" Tony asked hopefully Ava smirked at him.

"Fairies." Ava whispered Tony's eyes widened.

"Really?"

"Yep let's go get some breakfast." Ava said standing up, Tony nodded running ahead of her down the stairs to the kitchen, Cammie and Uncle Bob were already sitting at the table Aunt Dottie was cooking at the stove top.

"Morning Tony Ava I hope you guys are hungry." Aunt Dottie greeted, Ava nodded replying.

"Starving." She replied sitting next to Cammie Tony taking the chair next to her.

"Ava, Lord McAshton invited Bob and I to a party and I thought you might be interested in going as well he has a son you're age." Ava paused glass of apple juice halfway to her mouth.

"What about Cammie and Tony?" Ava asked she wasn't a big fan of parities...well hoitiy toity parties...or her Aunt and Uncle trying to set her up with her Uncle's bosses son.

"We're going to get a baby sitter." Ava bit her cheek again Dottie and Bob were both looking at her so expectantly.

"Uh yah I'll go." Ava finally agreed Dottie smiled at her, Cammie sent Ava a surprised look. Ava sent her a look back shaking her head just slightly.

"Good do you have a dress, it's formal attire?" Dottie asked Ava shook her head she did not have a formal dress never had a need to. "Oh I'll get you out of school a little early so we can go shopping." Ava nodded finally taking a drink of apple juice. Breakfast proceeded normally after that Dottie chattering about what a good time they were going to have a school Ava denying it halfheartedly. Ava lead the way back upstairs to grab her school bag Cammie trailing after her.

"Why did you agree to it?" Cammie whispered Ava slowed allowing Cammie to match her steps on the stairs.

"I don't know they were looking at me so expectantly." Ava replied with a careless shrug.

"But Paul-"

"Shut up he's dead it doesn't matter." Ava snapped storming up the rest of her stairs to her room slamming the door shut. She instantly regretted snapping at her sister like that but Paul was a touchy subject for Ava. He'd been her best friend which may have seemed odd him being a vampire her a human but he really was and the way he'd died. Ava still had nightmares about that night at the Emerson's though she had learned to not scream. God she wished she could go back to before that night and tell them what she knew now...maybe they would have been able to save her mother or at least made her a vampire so she didn't die. Then they'd still be in Santa Carla the boys would still be alive and life would be as it should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo...I babysay and the kiddo I was babysitting LOVES the Little Vampire so naturally he watched it 30 bazillion times and so did I. So I decided to check out fanfiction about it on www.fanfiction.net and found some similarities and decided to do a fanfic with my own little twist hence the Lost Boys.