Status: Active...

Lies, Lies and Some More Lies

Vampy the Porcupine!

Ava twisted in the mirror one way then the other trying to see herself from every angle. The dress wasn't completely horrible, strapless white with black polka dots a red ribbon tied just under her bust the remainder of the skirt was black sent out because of the tulle underneath.

"You look pretty." Ava turned to Cammie and Tony Cammie was eyeing the dress with envy in her eyes. Ava would gladly trade places with her sister she did not want to be walking around for hours in peep toe sling backs.

"Meh out unless you wanna be breathing hairspray for the next month." Cammie grabbed Tony dragging him out as Ava picked up the hairspray can. After spending three hours washing, drying, and curling her hair she was determined that not even gale force winds would distube the curls. Pulling the lid of she sprayed and sprayed and sprayed some more flipping her head down to get the bottom.

"Ah almost ready?" Aunt Dottie asked, Ava nodded capping the can. "You're parents would be so proud."

"Thanks." Ava mumbled uncomfortably as she walked towards Aunt Dottie heels clicking a pattern on the wood floor.

"Come on lets go say good night to Cammie and Tony." Dottie said wrapping an arm aruond Ava's shoulders leading the way to Tony's room where both Cammie and Tony were there. Tony was drawing some kind of pendant from what Ava could see and Cammie was flipping through a book never actually stopping long enough to read the words on the page.

"How's about you actually try reading a page now and then?" Ava taunted playfully Cammie stuck her tongue out with a grin.

"How's about you try not killing the ozone and half a can of hairspray once in a while?" Cammie responded Ava frowned folding her arms over her chest.

"Yah well I guarantee my hair ain't goin' anywhere." Ava retorted lifting her right hand to point at her hair, Cammie rolled her eyes and pouted.

"Aunt Dottie how come I can't come?" Cammie asked Dottie looked at her niece and then at Ava as if she expected Ava to have some response to it. Ava shrugged her shoulders and walked over to Tony looking over his shoulder.

"That's awesome Tony what is it?" Ava asked Tony looked up at her uncertain.

"It's an amulet I saw it in my dreams." Ava bit her lip eyes darting to Aunt Dottie who was distracted by Cammie whining about never getting to do anything.

"Well keep that little bit to yourself huh kiddo?" Tony nodded looking at his mom himself, Ava crouched down and wrapped her arms around his shoulder."I'm gonna tell you something the fairies told me once. In your dreams nothing can hurt you, so thats when you need to dream the biggest. Do you get what I'm saying kiddo?" Tony looked thoughtful before shaking his head. Ava sighed that was confusing to her and she was the one expecting him to get it. "Alright take two...When you're dreaming no matter how scary or horrible it seems that's it is a dream and you wanna know how you can tell it's a dream?" Tony nodded eagerly, Ava smiled holding her arm up for him to see before pinching her forearm. "All you gotta do is pinch yourself and that'll be proof enought you're dreaming."

"Alright g'night Tony." Aunt Dottie kissed Tony's forehead before standing and looking at both Cammie and Tony. "Behave for the sitter and I want you both in bed by 9 we'll be back around 11 or so and we'll know if you two didn't go to bed on time." Ava bit back a grin there was no way in hell for them to possibly know if they weren't in bed but it was enough to scare Tony into nodding quickly. Cammie on the other hand rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Night Cam, Tony." Ava and Aunt Dottie left walking down the stairs Bob was greeting the babysitter she was babbling so fast she was making Ava's head hurt and she had been around her two minutes. They left quickly after Dottie's final instruction to the babysitter.

_______________________________________________________________________

Ava resisted the urge to start tapping her foot against the floor. A boy her age or so walked towards her. Looking at him she rolled her eyes, hadn't even talked to the kid and she could already tell just by the way he walked. He thought he was god's gift to all women and no one had told him differently.

"Hello I'm Kevin McAshton." Kevin introduced himself Ava blinked at him not responding before he could open his mouth however she responded.

"Ava Thompson." Kevin looked her up and down appreciatively, Ava tense uncomfortable.

"-VAMPIRES!" All eyes turned to Dotie and Tony's teacher Ava slaped her forehead with her hand. She hurried away from Kevin to Aunt Dottie, Aunt Dottie grabbed her arm pulling her towards Uncle bob. The three of them left quickly Ava wincing as Uncle Bob and Aunt Dottie started yelling. She needed to talk to Tony get him to tone down the vampire bit. If for no other reason than avoiding Dottie and Bob's nuclear meltdown. Uncle Bob slammed his door shut storming towards the house Ava sighed watching her Aunt and Uncle go into the house. Deciding they wouldn't miss her for a while and that she really didn't want to be inside this wired she decided to take a walk. Picking a random direction she began walking that way.

"Oooh Creepy." She giggled to herself the cemetary she found herself in probably would have been creepy had she not been around vampires for the past 2 and a half years. She entered the grave yard stepping carefully around the bodies...or where they should have been logically in front of the tomb stones. If vampires were real personally she didn't want to risk pissing off a ghost.

"Human." Someone snarled behind her Ava grit her teeth as she was slammed against a masoleum wall arms pinned as well as the rest of her body. The...holy hell it was a boy no older than her if he would have been human, but he wasn't the pale skin, hollow haggard eyes, and white fangs all attested that much.

"Fuck you Vampy the Porcupine." Ava snapped her mind caught up to what her mouth had said she was suicidal that had to be why she insulted him. Or she was too damn used to being protected by a pack of vampires insulting others...humans, surf nazi's mostly was second nature. The boy sneered at her Ava closed her eyes and he leaned towards her neck squeezing them shut, she gasped wincing as his fangs slid into her neck. He pulled away a few moments later Ava's world went dark when she made eye contact.
♠ ♠ ♠
leave a comment!!!