Status: Active

Hold Me in Your Memory... Remember Me

A Visit

Flashback

"James, I need to tell you something, I love you." She whispered to her mirror. She wasn't sure. She wanted to tell him. She needed to. She was leaving for basic training in a week. James needed to know the truth even if it was going to hurt her. She took a deep breath.
She could do this.

*****************************************
"James?" She asked quietly.
"Yeah?" He asked, turning towards her.
"I need to tell you something, something, I've always wanted to..."
"I love you."


Present Day

"Corporal Joan."
"Yo." I said turning towards my friend, Private First Class Maria.
"You have a visitor. He's high ranked." She said looking nervous for me. I nodded my head, worried. I tossed my cards onto the table.
"Wish me luck ladies." I said to my friends. They nodded their heads and went back to their game. I wished I was dressed nicer. I was in an old pair of camo pants and a USMC sweatshirt that hung loosely around my frame. There was no telling who this was or what he or she wanted. I followed PFC Maria towards our main office. She opened the door and saluted.
"Corporal Joan is here."
"Send her in."
I knew that voice.

****************************************

"AIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" I saw a figure barreling towards me, nearly knocking the PFC over. I could hear everyone in the room suck in their breaths, shocked that a lower rank would come in without saluting. I didn't care, I was just glad to see her. She jumped on me, nearly knocking me over.
"AXEL!!!!" She screeched in my ear.
"Jesus Joan, I'm gonna go deaf because of you!!" I laughed, hugging her tightly. She let go to look at me, tears in her eyes. Suddenly, she remembered herself and snapped into a salute.
"Master Sergeant Axel Gates I ask you to pardon my incompetence in the fact that I was excited to see you!"
"At ease loser." I laughed.
"How's Karissa?" She asked. I grinned widely.
"Pregnant."
"NO EFFING WAYYY!!!!" She screamed, hugging me again. I laughed at her excitement.
"Karissa is insisting you be the godmother." I said, eyes sparkling.
"Uh YEAH I'll be it's godmother! I'll be the best damn godmother ever!"
"Great! I'll tell Karissa soon as I get home."
"Is that why you wanted to see me?" She asked.
"Partially, but we'll worry about that later." I answered carefully. Her eyes searched mine for answers. I sighed.
"Ok, now that we've had a nice little cozy get together, let's move on to IMPORTANT business." Colonel Garfield said loudly. We both turned towards him and gave him our full attention.
"Corporal Joan, the main reason that Master Sergeant Gates is here is because, he asked for you to be in his platoon."
"Pardon me sir?" Joan asked quietly. Master Sergeant Gates sighed.
"Joan, you're being deployed. In 6 months."
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo! It's short and a little stupid sounding but I hope you like it anyways!
Comment and send me love!!!