Status: Random Crap Goes Here

Inside Bruins Hockey With Micky And Marchy

Episode One: The Idea Starts Rolling

WASHINGTON DC
JANUARY 7TH, 2011
IN THE HOTEL THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOWDOWN


“Hey Roxanne, whatcha doing?” I looked up to see Marchand shoving the video camera in my face.
“Oh great, are you filming me for your stupid Inside Bruins Hockey?” I asked. Marchand got defensive.
“Hey this is not stupid. I’ve seen teams do stuff like this for their fans and the fans gobble it up.”
“You just sounded retarded right there.”
“You know what? I might start having the entire TD Garden sing Roxanne now for that comment!” THAT got me to shut up. I jumped up and pointed a finger at the camera.
“You better not! Fan base of Boston, please don’t do that…I get enough of it already from Team Canada. Team Canada being Brad Marchand, Johnny Boychuk, and Patrice Bergeron. Those three are connected at the hip. It’s rare to see one stray from the other. Seriously.” Marchand turned the camera on himself.
“She speaks the truth. We’re the best hockey bromance out there. No questions asked.”
“Actually, you might have a competition when it comes to Team Sasha of the Washington Capitals.” Marchand put the camera back on me.
“A bromance more bromancy than ours?”
“Yeah, have you not seen the love between Ovechkin, Semin, Varly, and Backstrom? You need to step up.”
“When I see them, I’ll check them.” Marchand said.
“Haha, right.” I commented. “By the way…is this your first episode?” I asked, pointing to the camera.
“Yup, first attempt. You want to follow me around and you can give our future viewers a tour of our hotel room and our rituals before we retire?” I shrugged.
“Why not, I was only looking at what new pictures were taken today on the Bruins website plus debating whether or not to make a Facebook page. Hey fans, you think I should?”
“Are you actually getting into this?” Marchand asked.
“You know, I kind of am.” I said. “If I was still a fan, I would be digging this. So why not show our fans a different side of us shall we?”
“That was my plan! Now that I’m adding you, I think I can call it Inside Bruins Hockey With Micky and Marchy, Little Seguin being the cameraman! Speaking of which, where is that kid?”
“I don’t know, I think in his room?”
“Probably. Let’s go Micky!” Together, me and Marchand went to find Seguin who was exactly where I thought he would be, in his room but with Bergeron, Boychuk, Lucic, and Krejci.
“HEY GUYS!” I cried. “What’s up?”
“ROXY!” Boychuk called out. “Oh crap, Marchand has that damn camera!”
“Are you filming the first little video?” Seguin asked.
“Hell yeah I am, but Roxy is going to be my partner in crime in this, we need you to be cameraman.”
“Alright, I can do that! What’s going on the first episode?” Tyler asked, taking the camera and now aiming at both me and Marchand. We both looked at each other and shrugged.
“That’s a good question. You four, do something.” I commanded at the rest of the room. The four guys looked at each other and Boychuk looked at the array of items in the room.
“Well, we have a vast selection of fancy wine glasses…drinks…bathrobes…sunglasses…OK guys, come with me, I know we can do something here!” The four quickly left the room, leaving me, Marchand and Seguin looking at each other.
“I’m scared.” I finally said.
“I’m actually curious…actually, I want to join this fun! WAIT FOR ME GUYS!” With that I lost my partner in crime, Brad Marchand. I looked at Tyler.
“Keep the camera rolling…this is going to get interesting.”

*****

“It was a good day at the golf course today, ey fellas?” I slapped my face when I saw the guys walking down the hallway. No, the posh accents wasn’t what was getting me.
It was the fact that all five of them has huge dark shades on.
With white, classy bathrobes.
With wine glasses.
Filled with something drinkable.
“It was! The breeze was just right, the sun up high, my Ralph Lauren scarf fluttering just right. Picturesque.” Bergeron answered Boychuk’s question in the same fashion, his hand holding the wine glass fashionably. “What about that you, dear Milan?” Lucic checked his glass as if debating if his wine was the right vintage for his high tastes.
“I don’t know, there was a cloud today in the sky. Messed up my perfect absorption of vitamin D. Weather was way better yesterday. Look, I don’t even have a tan line.”
“Tragic.” Bergeron said, all the other guys shaking his heads.
“Well lads! Good news! Yacht party tomorrow! I say we rest up for that!” Krejci said, all the other guys cheering.
“That sounds excellent my dear Dave!” Marchand said. “So glad to have such a classy friend like you! I say we rest up for a day of deep sea fishing while munching on crackers and caviar. Oh look! There is Claude!” Lo and Behold, Coach Julien came around the corner with Houda and Ward, chatting about what must be the game tomorrow. He instantly stopped when he say Marchand, Boychuk, Bergeron, Lucic, and Krejci.
“Oh for the love of god…” He muttered.
“Claude!” The guys all called.
“It’s great to see you! Come deep sea fishing tomorrow with us at nine in Krejci yacht! The Queen Prague! You have to Czech her out.” Lucic said. “Pun intended, by the way.” Laughing my ass off on the sidelines with Seguin, he pointed the camera at me.
“You think we got enough for episode uno?” I nodded.
“Yeah, we’ve got a wicked good amount. I don’t even know if we’re going to be able to top this! Well fans, what do you think? This is only a taste of what happens behind the ice, stay tune for more. I’ll be sure to see you guys again for another Inside Bruins Hockey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy Marchand's filming idea come to live!