Status: Random Crap Goes Here

Inside Bruins Hockey With Micky And Marchy

Episode Five: Musical Inspiration

“Hey everyone! It’s Micky here to answer the frequently asked question of what the hell I listen to-”
“She listens to weird crap.” Marchand butted it and I smacked him.
“No one asked you!” The new video I was making was on my laptop’s webcam for my Facebook since everyone on my Facebook seemed to be DYING to know what is featured on my iPod; I never can figure out why is that such a frequently asked question. Marchand thought it best to joined in at that one moment but I batted him out of the screen but he continued to be an idiot behind my head. “Ok, as the Canadian continues to make a fool of himself, how about I get right to the point?”

Time To Go by Dropkick Murpheys

What isn’t better to have for an inspirational song then the Dropkick Murphey’s song written about the Boston Bruins themselves? One of it’s lyrics is what the story’s title is! It also really cements the chaotic, exciting feel that surrounds hockey and the world of Roxanne McGregor!

The State of Massachusetts by Dropkick Murpheys

The Dropkick Murpheys pretty much ooze Massachusetts and Boston, so just listening to nearly all their songs gets me in the mood to write Drop The Puck, but this song in particular sort of speaks about the story of the story of Roxanne’s mother running away a bit, it’s not completely telling the story but some of the lyrics remind me of it.

Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murpheys

Doesn’t matter what sport it is, if it’s from Boston, they play this song! So it’s only appropriate that it gives the will to write game scenes and make them as chaotic and epic filled as this song is

Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin

The song that created the oneshot that lead to the story of Drop The Puck and also the song that is pretty much the Boston Bruins theme song, I think I’ve heard it about four times at one game. I love it to death! And it also really fits the story extremely well.

Now Let Them Tremble and For We Are Many by All That Remains

These two songs really fit a game well if you read the lyrics. Now Let Them Tremble helps me really write the intense scenes of the players to skate out to and FOR THEY ARE MANY rising to crush to the opponent. It was featured in Chapter 11: Wheel of Misfortune, played during the Flyers game for they were the “tyrants” at the top of the conference and “they had to fall”

The Last Time by All That Remains

The Last Time…just recently I discovered this song while writing a scene and reading the lyrics it was like an epiphany! The song seems to sing the story of Roxy trying to deny that Jake is back and that she doesn’t have depression and denying that all the negativity thrown at her is getting to her and at the same time its also Rask feeling upset about it all and wanting to help.

Hold On by All That Remains

Ok, I’m going to say this first: IF NOTHING ELSE, PLEASE WATCH THAT MUSIC VIDEO!! I seriously had a spasm when I saw it cause it nailed down what Roxy’s feeling to a tee! And not only that, the girl staring into the mirror looks EXACTLY like her its scary! Pretty much, watch the music video with the idea of: no matter what a person seems on the outside its chaotic on the inside that no one else can see. The song also fits into Roxy’s hatred for Jake, her feeling of abandonment and how she feels like “she can’t hold on.”

SOS (Anything But Love) by Apocalyptica feat. Cristina Scabbia

This is the song that created the story of Roxy and Jake and probably one of my favorite despressing songs I’ve listened to cause it’s absolutely beautifully tragic.

Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Nothing much has been said about Steve but he has been mentioned and you kind of have a small idea of what part he filled in and this is his song, sung in his perspective towards Jake.

Boston by Augustana

This song is pretty much about Roxy’s decision to run off to Boston and leave Virginia Tech and the past behind her. Still remember hearing this song for the first time on the radio, I fell in love with it!

No Compliance by Delain feat. Sharon Den Adel

Another song about Roxy’s fear about Jake now that he knows where she is and also her will to try and not let him control her anymore.

The Game by Disturbed

I thank MillerxKane88 for finding this song because it’s absolutely brilliant. Pretty much it’s Roxy and Erika’s song about their rivalry and their hatred for each other and David Draiman’s powerful voice really helps give the sense of power and intensity that comes from these two.

Stars by Lacuna Coil

This song almost brings tears to my eyes cause I find it so god damn beautiful! I feel like Lacuna Coil really did a good job covering this song. This song really fits the melancholy and empty feeling Roxy has begun to feel and how the “stars” of her life seem to go out one by one but she knows she needs to leave the past behind.

When They Come For Me by Linkin Park

It was so happy when I discovered this song. I instantly fell in love with the extremely catchy, awesome beat but also the lyrics too because I felt like it was about Roxy’s abrupt entrance into the NHL and her frustration at everything and her will to try and not let it get to her and play the sport that she was born for.

Iridescent by Linkin Park

I had stumbled on this song today while writing this actually! Love when that happens, but I was listening to the words and it definitely is Rask’s song to Roxy about how he wants her to let everything go and how he wants her to be healed and it makes me feel so like fuzzy inside haha.

All Good Things (Come To An End) by Nelly Furtado

The song title really explains the meaning it, it’s Roxy’s song after the death of her father and her happy childhood really ended and everything really changed for her; her brother going to college and her mom becoming someone she can’t respect and her father now gone. I love this song so much, I think its so beautiful, remember when I first heard it when I was in Italy on my last night out on the porch of the place I was staying, really has a special meaning in me cause of that.

Hero by Skillet

Next to Time To Go, this song is really the main theme song of the entire story, it covers every aspect of the story I’m writing, about Roxy’s troubles and how she needs a hero to help her (Rask) through everything and how she’s going to rise up and prove everyone wrong and make something of herself.

Face The Truth by UnSun

This song really expressed Roxy’s collapse back into depression and not knowing what to do and really not wanting to live anymore and her frustration at Erika Harper: “face the truth, you and I we are the same.” And it also talks of her love for Rask: “every man is special, every man.”

Lost Innocence by UnSun

This song is about everyone around Roxy watching her fall apart and confused of what is going on and wondering what “that something is in her eyes, she was crying every night.” It also talks about her friends telling her to leave the past behind, Jake will burn in hell.

Memories by Within Temptation

I love this song so freaking much, its sooooo beautiful. But when I listened to it again after starting to write this story, I realized that it’s definitely about Roxy and her father and how she’s found peace knowing he’s in heaven looking down on her and watching her succeed.

Faster by Within Temptation

This song is the brand new release from Within Temptation's newest CD coming out in March SO FLIPPING EXCITED but when I heard it I died cause its definitely the song about Roxy and Rask's relationship, how they couldn't hide from the feeling burning deep inside.

“Well…there you have it! All the music I love and listen to inspire myself! Especially when I practice-”
“Can we do mine neeeext?” Marchand asked and I looked at him.
“Why? I don’t think people want to see Ke$ha songs!”
“I DON’T LISTEN TO KE$HA MICKY! Do I have to sing Roxanne or Micky!?”
“NO YOU DON’T!”
“TOO LATE! ROOOOOXANNEEEE YOU DON’T HAVE TO PUT ON THE RED LIIIIGHT!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought this was a clever/cute way to share the playlist of Roxanne McGregor :D hoped you enjoy and like the songs!