Take Back My Life

Wake Up

"Lola. Lola, wake up!"

I feel my carer shake me and I wake with a gasp.

"What? What's happening?"

I'm surprised! I never get woken up. I'm slightly worried now!

"Haven't you remembered? It's you're adoption day."

Oh God I hadn't remembered. Finally a nice home and I FORGOT about it!

"When are they coming?"

"In about twenty minutes. Hurry up and get ready."

As I get up I grab my hair brush and get the clothes I had laid out on the bottom of my bed last night. I run into the bathroom and get ready. I get my underwear on and then my skinny jeans and my new top. I had gone shopping with Ami, my carer, to get new clothes last weekend. I comb my hair back and parted it. I was told when I was younger that I would be lucky to get adopted. I have always been into 'heavy' music and black things. I guess I'm lucky then. My old carer has been proved wrong.

"They're here," says my carer as she knocks on the door. She has been great and always there for me. We have said that we are going to keep in contact so I should be fine.

I walk out and see a tall woman in a suit standing next to an even taller man carrying a briefcase. As I stand there, gob-smacked at their height, Ami walks over to me and shows me the other lady standing around the corner from me.

"HI. I'm Kay"

She looks me up and down and I do the same to her.

"Yeah. I should know. I am the one adopting you."

This must be the first ever time that anyone has been adopted without actually meeting the person first. Oh, how I wish that I could have met up with her before. She is standing in a strangers front room dressed as a bin bag verses army cadet battle field.

I don't like her. The first thing she said to me was rude and she had no dress sense at all.

"We need to go shopping. I can't have you looking like a widow."

You are joking? The cheek of it. What a cow. Now i no not only don't like her, I hate her. Just wait until she's signed the paper, then she'll know what she got herself into...
♠ ♠ ♠
he he i like Cliff hanger type things!!

Yay me!!xx