Take Back My Life

OH My God... You Call This Home?

"Greg? Greg? This isn't funny! Please Greg... Where are you? What are you doing? Greg, is that you?"

Alice cries.

"Alice? What do you think could have happened?"

I ask her. She points to the room that we can still hear movement from and starts to walk in.

"Call the police or something... It could be dangerous."

She stops and thinks for a moment.

"What good are they going to do? By the time they get here he could be dead and beyond. Anything could have happened!"

Alice goes to walk in to the room when i call out for her.

"WAIT! At least let me go first."

I put the bags down and step past her. She lightly touches my hand and whispers.

"Be careful."

I walk into the room and all I can see is cans upon cans of beer. A couple of magazines thrown around and a big pile of Cd's on the floor in a corner. As I look round i notice a door slightly open with stairs going down. The light is on but as I get nearer the light turns off and some banging and quiet 'ouch-es' come from below. Alice steps beside me.

"It's our basement. We used to keep old bits and bobs down there that we didn't want to throw away but now it is like a gym. If your going to go down there take this."

She passes me a baseball bat and turns the light on.

"Now you have to be really, really careful. I'm going to call the police now so don't worry. The main station is near enough if you want to wait..."

I shake my head and start to walk down the narrow winding staircase. Even though the light is on it is still dark and sort of creepy.

"Ah. Crap."

I hear from behind a bench-press.

"Who is that? Is that Greg?"

"I'm who ever you want me to be. Tell me... Who SHOULD I be?"

The person is defiantly a man. Looks like a big build by the fact that even the bench-press isn't completely covering his body.

"I don't think I should be telling you anything. All that I will tell you is the police are on there way."

"Alice wouldn't call the police... Don't be stupid."

I hear a knock on the door and then it opens strait away. Some whispering goes on and the is the sound of tiptoeing down the stairs.

"Lola. Quick just come with me now and it will all be OK!"

His voice sounds panicked but I can't help but wonder how he knows my name and why he wants me to go with him or thinks he can get me to.

"What would I do that for?"

I whisper but I can tell just by my own voice that this isn't what is supposed to happen. I walk over to him and he grips my hand and pulls me to the side...

*everything goes blank*