‹ Prequel: The Boy Named Fang
Status: Slowly getting back on track. :)

You're Leaving? Again?

"I'm Coming With You"

"Hey, Mom!" I called, trudging into the kitchen. "Have you seen Fang today?"

"I saw him this morning. He might have gone out," she answered me.

"Okay."

Rushing, I got myself dressed and brushed my teeth and hair while contemplating where Fang might have gone.

"It's so weird for him to leave without telling me," I frowned, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

I walked back into the kitchen, letting my mom know I was going to look for Fang, and then I marched out of the house. I didn't know exactly where I was going first, but I decided to try for the nearby park first.

Fang wasn't there unfortunately and I sighed in frustration.

"Where the heck would you go?"

I silently stood on the sidewalk, my eyes to the sky, as I pondered Fang's whereabouts.

"Ah ha!" I exclaimed, instantly jogging in the direction of the beach where we encountered the Eraser before. "He has to be there. He wouldn't go to the school and we haven't been anywhere else aside from the beach."

When the beach came into view, I picked up my pace and sprinted onto the sandy bank, but I hit a hole dug up by some kids and face-planted the sand.

"Ow..." I groaned, spitting out sand and wiping my face.

Looking around to see if anyone saw me, I stood up and casually ran my fingers through my hair where I found more sand clinging to my scalp.

"Nasty..." I frowned, shaking my head a bit.

I stopped once I started getting dizzy and my eyes zeroed in on a familiar silhouette in the distance, sitting on the boulder the Eraser had appeared on.

Forgetting the sand still in my hair, I jogged over to the boulder and looked up at the distracted Fang.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I smiled.

Fang tensed, but relaxed once he realized it was me speaking to him. "Hey," he said.

Awkwardly, I began to climb the boulder, but Fang quickly jumped down, picked me up, and then flew back up on top of the giant rock.

"Thanks," I blushed, crawling out of his arms to sit next to him. "So what are you doing here?"

"Thinking," he replied.

"You had me worried when I couldn't find you."

"Sorry."

There was silence and I tilted my head to look at him. "Are you okay, Fang?"

He sighed and looked down.

"What is it? You know you can tell me."

His dark eyes met mine and I noticed the sadness in them.

"I want to look for my mom. It's why I came here in the first place, right?"

I nodded, "Then let's look her up and call her."

Fang shook his head, "I don't want to just call her. I want to see her. I want to know what kind of mom she is. I want to know if she's happy."

I shifted my gaze at the ocean in front of us and remained silent. I knew that he wanted me to give him the okay, but I wasn't sure how I felt about him leaving again.

"Sora," he said softly.

I turned to him and smiled a little. "I know what you're asking, Fang, but I honestly want to be selfish in answering... But I can't just do that because it's selfish."

His eyes never left mine and I started to redden in embarrassment.

"I want you to be able to find her, but I don't want you to leave again," I continued.

"It wouldn't take me long to find her," he pointed out.

"Yes, but what if she wants you to stay with her... or you want to stay with her? If that happens, then you wouldn't be back for a really long time."

Fang didn't deny my worries and I pulled my knees to my chest.

It remained silent for several minutes until I suddenly turned my body so I was facing Fang completely.

"If you go, I'm going with you."

"I can't do that to you."

"Don't. This isn't your decision. I want to come with you if you're going to find her."

"What about your parents? And school?"

"I can just make up what I miss in another year of school. I only have another year anyway. And my parents will understand."

"They won't let you go."

"Then I'll sneak out when they're sleeping! I'm not going to let you go without me!" I exclaimed.

Fang looked at the sky, clearly frustrated with me and torn between his choices. He eventually looked back at me, his face void of emotion, but his eyes shimmered with everything he was hiding.

"If I tell you to hide, will you?"

I nodded.

"If I tell you to stay in my sight at all times, will you do that?

"Yes."

"If I decide to stay, will you go back home for your last year of school and wait for me to come get you?"

I hesitated, "I... I don't know."

"Sora, you have to promise me you'll go back if I choose to stay with my mom. I can't let you come with me unless you promise me."

Looking down, I fidgeted my fingers and didn't answer.

Fang lifted my chin up with one finger and stared at me. "I promise I'll come back to get you when you graduate. Do you believe that?"

Slowly I nodded.

"Then promise me."

"But..."

"Sora, please."

"I-I... promise."

Fang smiled warmly at me and pulled my head to his chest to hug me.

I blushed at the sudden affection, but zoned out thinking about if he really did stay with his mom.

"I will come back for you no matter what, okay?"

"I know..."

I looked up at Fang who was actually blushing and I raised and eyebrow, "You don't blush."

He looked away and let go of me. That's when I understood why he was blushing.

"Being all affectionate isn't a bad thing you know... even if it is a little awkward at first."

Fang still didn't say anything and I started to laugh.

"Aw... Poor Mr. Fang is all embarrassed by a simple hug."

"I've hugged you before."

"But this hug was different which is why you're all red-faced."

"You turn red all the time," he retaliated.

"That's normal for me," I pointed out. "You, Mr. I-don't-share-my-deepest-emotions, don't usually blush."

Fang glared at me before smirking, "You've got sand in your hair from that tumble you took a while ago."

My face turned red in anger and embarrassment, "Don't change the subject!"

He started to laugh at me while I tried to look angry, but my failed attempt just caused me to start laughing.

Gosh I didn't want him to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while I guess... Two days is a while for me. Lol. Anyway, nothing too exciting, but at least now it's going somewhere. I don't know when I'll next post, but anyway, I hope you enjoyed. :D Comment! :D