‹ Prequel: The Boy Named Fang
Status: Slowly getting back on track. :)

You're Leaving? Again?

"And We're Off!"

My eyes snapped open and I stared at my dark ceiling. It was a usual occurrence of mine to wake up multiple times in the night only to fall back asleep, but I had done it more than my typical number that night.

I sighed and turned on my side, my back to my bedroom door and my eyes gazing at my closed window.

I was anxious. I could tell by the way my stomach flipped every now and then. Not only that, my eyes consistently lingered over the dark mass under my window that was my backpack filled with some things I would need like an extra pair of clothes, shampoo and other small things. Even though the likelihood of finding a shower was slim, at least we would come across some sort of fresh water to clean ourselves up with.

My cheeks reddened thinking of how awkward that would be and then I wondered if I should bring my swimsuit just in case.

"Are you ready?" a voice whispered in my ear.

I jumped and quickly turned to see Fang with an amused smile on his face. "What time is it?!"

"Almost two."

I took a couple breaths to calm my heart rate down and I sat up, rubbing whatever sleep I had from my eyes. "Let me change and we can get out of here."

Fang stared at me emotionless and unmoving while I crawled out of bed and stretched out my tired muscles.

I grabbed a t-shirt and some jeans off my floor that I laid out the night before and then I turned to look at Fang.

"You should stand outside my door or something because I am not changing with you in here if that's why you haven't moved."

Fang smirked, but obeyed, shutting my door behind him and causing me to roll my eyes at his immaturity.

Quickly I changed into my clothes, throwing on some socks and shoes, and grabbing a jacket plus my backpack. I opened my bedroom door where Fang was waiting patiently against the opposite wall for me.

"I think I've got what I need. I've left them a note, too, so they won't be as panicked when they find us gone," I stated, looking down at the ground.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Fang asked, the hopefulness of me bailing evident in his voice.

"Of course I'm sure!" I scowled. "I'm just worried about how my parents are going to feel when they wake up. I wouldn't let you go alone no matter what."

Fang sighed in defeat, "Okay."

"Good. Now let's grab some snacks for now so we don't starve."

"First I think we need to figure out where my mom moved," Fang pointed out.

I smiled proudly, "Been there and done that. I've got what I could find in my backpack, so we don't have to worry about anything except getting there. So let's grab some food then."

The avian boy in front of me smiled, "I might start liking the idea of you coming with me."

"Good because I'm coming anyway," I affirmed, searching through my pantry for food.

I quickly poured a bunch of junk food into my backpack along with some canned foods and I grabbed several bottles of water for us to use.

"That should be it then," I said, looking around the dark house just in case I forgot anything.

"Then let's get out of here," Fang replied, tugging on my arm.

"Hold on," I paused, closing my eyes to help me think. "Okay, now let's go. I'm pretty sure we've got everything."

Fang almost laughed, but he only showed his amusement in his eyes that seemed even darker with no light reflecting off them.

Silently and carefully, we crept down the stairs and opened the front door. We paused to make sure no one heard anything and then made our way onto the front porch, closing the door quietly behind us.

"So where to?" Fang questioned as we walked to the street.

"From what I read, it looked like your mom moved into a completely different kind of location, obviously to forget what happened here, and the phone number I managed to get was a Kentucky number, so let's start heading that way first then," I explained.

Fang nodded and held out his hand to me.

I took it and almost screamed when he swooped me up into his arms and took to the sky.

"I have got to get used to you doing that," I breathed, gripping the collar of his shirt.

He lightly chuckled and secured his hold on me.

"Well, since it'll be a while, I'm going to try and sleep, but don't be afraid to wake me up if you need company okay?"

"Just sleep, Sora. I'll tell you when we stop."

I nodded, "Okay. Don't wear yourself out."

"Sora," he whined.

"Alright, sleeping now!" I said, closing my eyes and hiding my face from the wind.

It was going to be a long ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I feel that the chapters are only getting worse, but it's probably because I don't know what I'm writing between the beginning and the end of the actual story. I'm really just pulling all of this out of my butt. Lol. I want to apologize if Fang doesn't seem like Fang. I haven't read the books since Fang came out, so I'm really rusty on his personality for the most part. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed despite the terrible plot/story line. Comment and I'll post when I get the chance.

P.S. I'm kinda in the middle of a snowpocalypse so depending on if I have to call off work tomorrow, I might post again, but don't count on it. I still have V-Day cards to finish. Heh.