‹ Prequel: The Boy Named Fang
Status: Slowly getting back on track. :)

You're Leaving? Again?

"Here we go again!"

A shiver coursed through my body and I jerked awake.

"You okay?" Fang asked me, looking down at me as he still flew over America.

I nodded and pulled my jacket tighter around me, "Just cold."

"I can think of a few ways to warm you up," Fang smirked.

My brow furrowed, "Don't be inappropriate."

He looked at me innocently, "I was suggesting we land for a little while and get you warmed up. You decided to take what I said the wrong way."

"Yeah right, but landing sounds like a plan. I need to stretch."

Fang immediately complied and soon we were back on the ground behind a tiny gas station.

"Wow, I didn't know gas stations like these still exist," I commented. "Where are we?"

"I would say at least 3 hours away from your house."

"Really? I only slept that long? Ugh!"

Fang watched me stretch out my muscles, "We're not that far from Kentucky though. I was taking my time so you could sleep."

"Oh... Thanks, I guess, but you don't have to slow down for me. I can handle it."

Fang smiled at me before taking off his jacket and putting it on my shoulders, "That should keep you warmer while we stop. I don't really need it right now anyway."

I blushed, "Thanks, Fang."

His lips pressed against my frozen ones for a second before he put one arm around my shoulder and led me inside the gas station.

"Ooh! I'm gonna go take a potty break. I'll be right back," I announced, patting Fang's side before running off to the bathroom.

I didn't like gas station bathrooms and the one I walked into proved my dislike for them. The floor was covered in some dark substance that I thought was dirt, but wasn't sure and the toilet seat was pealing terribly.

"Oh this is disgusting..." I grumbled, taking toilet paper that was thinner than tissue paper and placing long sheets around the toilet seat. Once that was taken care of, I did my business, washed my hands and got myself out of there.

"Took you long enough," Fang teased when I latched onto his arm once I found him.

"The bathroom was nasty."

He chuckled softly and then led me back outside.

"We're not getting anything?"

"Not unless you want to get something."

"No, I just thought you'd want something," I replied, shivering slightly when the cool air hit my face.

"Still cold?"

"The wind was just chilly on my face. No worries."

Fang rolled his eyes and pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms around my torso underneath his jacket that sat on my shoulders. I instantly snuggled closer to him, gripping a bit of his shirt in my hands and resting my head on his chest.

"I wonder if my dad is up yet and has noticed I'm gone," I whispered sadly.

"I can always take you back."

I shook my head, "No way. I want to go with you, I just worry about how they'll feel when they see me gone. They'll understand, but they won't be happy about it."

"You could always call them to let them know you're okay," Fang suggested.

"I want to, but I don't want them to come after me or something... I think they wouldn't if I actually explained everything to them, but I don't want to take the chance."

"Then don't worry about it. Just call them when we get to my mother's house," he replied simply.

"I guess I can do that..."

I felt the rumble of his chest as he chuckled almost silently and I pouted when his warm arms left my body.

"Come on, let's get out of here before the sun gets too high in the sky," Fang said, buttoning up his jacket that was still on my shoulders. "I'll be fine without my jacket. You can wear it until we get to Kentucky, so you won't get cold again."

"Thank you," I smiled, watching his face as he concentrated on his task.

When he was done, he looked at me with his dark eyes and kissed my cheek quickly before taking me back into his arms, shooting into the lightened sky.

We were on our way once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been FOREVER, but I didn't know where to go, so here's a filler and hopefully I'll think of something else soon. :) We'll see where it goes. :) Thanks for reading! Please comment!