‹ Prequel: The Boy Named Fang
Status: Slowly getting back on track. :)

You're Leaving? Again?

"Three and a Half Hours."

"Flight 221 to Hawaii is now boarding," a bored voice echoed through the airport.

Fang and I had awoken bright and early to get to an airport near where we were camped out and thankfully found a small, but decent airport a half hour away. We immediately got our tickets and I think we waited at least an hour or so until we heard our flight being announced.

"Finally," Fang grumbled, still a little upset about being in a plane.

I sighed and followed behind Fang as he rushed to our correct terminal. The red haired woman that waited at the entrance of the plane actually looked frightened at how quickly Fang approached her.

"T-Tickets, please," she asked, stumbling over her words.

We handed her our tickets, she checked their validation, and let us on the plane. We walked in silence as we boarded our plane and took our seats next to a man who was speaking on his phone and typing on his laptop.

"Great..." Fang frowned, taking a seat next to the man, letting me have the outside seat.

"I'll sit there if you want."

"Don't worry about it."

I sat down after putting my bag in the carrier above our seat and I grabbed Fang's hand reassuringly.

"I'm sorry that we have to take a plane and be stuck next to someone like him, but I wouldn't be able to go across the ocean without panicking," I apologized.

"It's fine," he sighed. "I just don't like being in this place when I can easily fly myself..."

"I know, but we'll get there soon. I promise."

A tiny half smile graced Fang's face, "We've had talks like this since we left."

I blushed, "Sorry. I'm just trying to help and I assume you try to help me, too."

"Yeah."

I shyly smiled, but the pilot's announcement to buckle up and turn all devices off grabbed my attention.

Not five minutes passed and I felt the plane begin to move. I tensed and tightened my hold on Fang's hand. He looked at me curious until he realized I wasn't comfortable on the plane.

"We'll be fine. You can sleep if you want when we get in the air."

The plane started to shake a little as it sped up.

"I don't know if I can sleep here..."

"It stops when we get higher."

The shaking increased and I felt my stomach drop slowly as the plane carefully left the ground.

"Maybe flying in this was a bad idea..." I squeaked.

Fang forced my head onto his shoulder and he put his head on top of mine, his arm around my shoulder to comfort me. He hand slowly started to rub my upper arm as I tensed up when the plane shook some more and then suddenly stopped.

"See? You'll be okay now."

I remained silent, but continued to inwardly panic.

"Only three and a half hours to go..." Fang muttered to me, not letting me go.

I nodded and closed my eyes, concentrating on anything but the idea of flying over the ocean. I couldn't wait to be on land again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is really bad, but I hate leaving you guys waiting. Next chapter they get to Hawaii! They're so close! :D And btw, I know nothing about planes (I've never ridden one) so I apologize if it's inaccurate. I'll do a better job in the next chapter! Comment! :D Thanks for reading!