Appointment Time XX:XX

Your First and Last Appointment

I am who they made me to be, nothing more. I am my training, my instincts, my reflexes. At this moment in this exact point in time I have no name, no thoughts of my own. You? you are nothing more then a dead man.

The sun is pounding down into the rock and sand of this godforsaken dessert, it is relentless in its quest to smother every living thing in its unbearable heat as I lay on the ground waiting. It seems I am always waiting. I can never arrive to one of these appoints on time, I always have to be early. Early and waiting for you, sometimes you take your sweet fucking time getting here. I understand it though, I would want to postpone ‘our’ particular appointment for a as long as I could too.

The sun is red as it sinks down below the horizon. It blankets the entire area in a crimson glow. It’s a marvelous sun set, the clouds are low and brightly colored as the light of the blazing ball of heat diffuses and turns them a myriad of warm colors varying between scarlet and gold .

I see you threw my scope. Your caravan is approaching the small village now, about a mile away. You’ll be here momentarily and then we’ll meet, maybe not face to face, but I will leave you my ‘card’.

You’re arriving now. Your loud trail of vehicles roar into the small hut village. You come to a stop and turn your truck off. You’re in my sights again, my cross hairs are on trained on your car, waiting for you to get out. You take your time as usual, you people always do for some reason. It’s like you sense it. The cross hairs lining up on your head. You don’t know what the feeling is but you have it all the same. Eventually you leave your armored truck. Hello there. You kept me waiting didn’t you? How extraordinarily rude of you. These things do happen. I understand. I’m afraid that I’ll have to leave now but don’t fret I’ll give you and your comrades a token to remember me by. It’s on its way now.

See I told you. Do you remember? If the fine red mist is anything to go by, you’re a dead man.